Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Are you feeling forced to keep Verizon?

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Are you feeling forced to keep Verizon?

Really getting to hate Verizon. Just because they have superior coverage they feel they could do whatever they want. All these radical changes will force me to leave Verizon especially if I lose my unlimited data. I currently have 4 lines in which 2 are basic phones and the other 2 are smartphones with unlimited data. I am on the 1400 minutes plan. I pay a total of $208.00 which include taxes each month. The day Verizon forces me off this plan into their shared everything plan I will end up be paying $220.00 without taxes. I will add and additional $40.00 in taxes which will cost me an approximate total of $260.00, which is really outrageous. I believe Verizon is pricing themselves out of people's pocket. The sad part is because of lack of coverage from other carriers Verizon keep increasing in numbers. I am feeling forced to keep them because Sprint does not work in my house, T-mobile is spotty and AT&T is as evil as Verizon. With all that is going on with T-mobile, I am actually rooting for them hopefully they will make some type of dent in Verizon's numbers which will force them to lower their prices or change their plans. As they say you get what you pay for which is true but Verizon's prices are now too ridiculous.

Are you feeling force to keep Verizon?

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    My wallet has a hard time keeping Verizon these days.

Device(s)
    htc evo 4g
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    And now they dropped the 20 month early upgrade!

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately once I tried Verizon's superior coverage and speeds I got hooked. If I lose my employer discount, being retired now that'd be a somewhat significant hit, but the real topper would be to lose my unlimited data. If that happens I'd have to make some significant changes and another provider could possibly be on the table. I had t-mo before and they have great voice quality, but pretty bad back country coverage. Sprint is just plain awful in all regards and I don't know how they stay in business. AT&T , had far to many drops where I used to use it. Don't know if that's changed for the better or not, but then there is their pricing structure and data. Guess I hope to hold out on Verizon as long as possible.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Moto Atrix, Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score
    Lets see. 4 lines/$220-250 a month. About $55-60 a line?

Right? That's with a $400 subsidy if u were to buy a high end iPhone/android. Right?

Now lets see. Tmobile $50 plan per line. So about $55 with taxes and no phone subsidy.

Is Verizon that more expensive?

There is a reason people stay with verizon or att. It's cause 60% or more are on family plans that offer savings per line and/or get 15-25% corp discounts.

You aren't going to switch from Verizon with 4 lines cause you will end up savings maybe $5/line per month when factoring phone subsidies and better coverage for theist part.

Device(s)
    iPhone8, Galaxy_S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, Total_Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Y'all wanting more freedom from contracts should explore Verizon Prepaid options or VZW mvno's.
    You may not have the ability to use the latest and greatest, but freedom does come at a price.
    PREPAID means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Virgin Mobile: $50 / $10 | Total Wireless: $25

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm forced to keep Verizon because

1. Can't get unlimited any more with AT&T and have to keep Verizon to keep my unlimited
    2. Can't beat the price I am paying (less than $50 per line for 5 smartphone lines with unlimited data, unlimited text, and sharing 1400 minutes plus taxes, plus insurance on all 5 lines).

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Moto Atrix, Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah View Post
    I'm forced to keep Verizon because

1. Can't get unlimited any more with AT&T and have to keep Verizon to keep my unlimited
    2. Can't beat the price I am paying (less than $50 per line for 5 smartphone lines with unlimited data, unlimited text, and sharing 1400 minutes plus taxes, plus insurance on all 5 lines).
    Like I said. Reason 2 is the primary reason.

Family plans erode into carrier profits especially with big subsidies for lines 2-5 that may generate as little as $10/line if people sell off those phones and use flip phones with no data.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I've got vzw, but I don't feel forced. I second the suggestion of going with a Verizon MVNO, so long as you aren't reliant on roaming. PagePlus is supposed to be good (but stingy on data), StraightTalk has a few Verizon options.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    I've got vzw, but I don't feel forced. I second the suggestion of going with a Verizon MVNO, so long as you aren't reliant on roaming. PagePlus is supposed to be good (but stingy on data), StraightTalk has a few Verizon options.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using HowardForums
    PagePlus isn't stingy. They give unlimited minutes/SMS and two GB's data for $55.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Truth is for those of us on family plans with five lines is that's its cheaper than prepay per line costs. Also we get corp discount and &199 iPhones so our per line cost is about $40.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile is $50 for the line, $30 for the second, and $10 for each line after. For the OP to have 2 lines with unlimited data and two dumb phones with 500mb of data, It would be $120 and $40 for the EIP. To keep unlimited data with Verizon, he must pay full price for his phones.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    The only reason to stay with Verizon currently is their 4g LTE coverage, esp if you are fortunate enough to still have unlimited data. But I'm a bit sick and tired of hearing about their alleged superior coverage. Their superior coverage is imo based more on a very successful advertising campaign than anything else. Even more so, it's much more dependent upon where you need coverage and what kind of coverage you need. Vzw clearly has done the best job convincing the masses, how wonderful they are. For now I'm keeping my unlimited data w/Vzw, but clearly prepaid is most likely my future provider.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I think my first choices now would be prepaid or tmo postpaid especially after testing out tmo if I was getting a phone today.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'll be out of contract in another month and on that note, I received in today's mail a card from Verizon urging me to update my phone and plan. Some update, going from UL data to tiered or shared. They even threw in $25 off any droid phone on top of the upgrade phone price. All I can say is WOW! What a marvelously smoking deal!
    Regarding the coverage, when I say they have the best coverage I'm generally referring to their voice network. It is comforting to know that literally everywhere I go if I have some emergency I have phone service. Don't need 4G when in the outback, but voice? Yep, that's cool.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast