Thread: Strange problem: Can't call one specific number?

Feedback Score

Question Strange problem: Can't call one specific number?

Apologies if this isn't the right board for this sort of question. I'm having an issue that may not be tied to my phone specifically, or my carrier. I honestly don't know. I found this board after some time spinning my wheels on Google.

So, my problem is, I can't call my girlfriend's cell phone. I have an LG-VN150 flip phone, she has an Android smartphone. I don't know what model it is. We're both on a Verizon plan.

Whenever I try to call her, I get no ringing, and after 6-8 seconds, it hangs up.

But here's the strange part:

-She can still call me.
    -She can still receive my texts.
    -She can receive calls from anyone else.
    -I can make calls to anyone else.

At first we thought she might have accidentally blacklisted by number, but it seems like that isn't the case. And if it were, I don't think she'd be able to receive texts from me.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem here? I asked a few of my friends, and the only suggestion I got was try pulling my battery and putting it back. Did that, no change.

Thank you for your time!

Feedback Score
    Uh when is the last time you actually saw your gf in person?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I would give Verizon Customer Service a call. They may be able to do something for you. I don't think that it is device related. Is there another phone that you could activate on your line to try that? A back up or spare phone maybe? That would eliminate some possibilities.
    Current Device: Apple iPhone 5S
    Space Grey - 32GB

Feedback Score
    I tried calling her with my father's smartphone. (My family shares a plan.) It didn't hang up, but I didn't hear anything, not even a ring, but she could hear things.

I'll try getting in touch with customer service, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.
    Last edited by GG Crono; 04-23-2013 at 09:59 PM.

Feedback Score
    Is she the only one you have this problem with? If so, then calling Verizon customer service would be best. They may need to reset something. However, the fact that you had problems calling her with your father's phone also might indicate that it's her device.

cellitused.com