Page 23 of 95 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 73 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kid on the Block. Selectel Wireless. Verizon MVNO

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulCarlucci View Post
    PPC's old site wasn't the flashiest around but it was functional, had account management, listed products with prices and had the ability for customers to do things like purchase new service.

I know, purchasing new service... can you imagine doing something crazy like that on Teh Internets?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using HoFo mobile app
    I was just about to write a comment like this one. Been with Page Plus for over 4 years and while the website wasn't always visually appealing, it had every feature you could possibly want.

I really want Selectel to become a viable option because of the crap we all know AM is going to eventually do to Page Plus.

While you can make the argument that Page Plus had similar website struggles early in their history it really does not compare. Having functioning websites in the 1990's and early 2000's wasn't as important as it is today.

In 2013 it just makes you look unprofessional and amateurish. At the very least they could have put something on their site that says they are working on it and given a loose time frame for completion.

When I told a family member about prepaid VZW mvno's, they were willing to pay the extra $5 a month for Page Plus over Selectel (2 GB plan) just for the ease of website use. Even with the VZW prepaid network and the sketchy renew issue they have on the final day.

I am certainly willing to give Selectel a chance to get things in order. But the longer they wait without any information (directly from them), the tougher it is to take them seriously.

Feedback Score
    It's not even a matter of not looking professional. What are they going to do, send me a paper bill? This is basic blocking and tackling. A bare bones yet functional OLAM can be hacked together over a weekend by one dude.

Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulCarlucci View Post
    It's not even a matter of not looking professional. What are they going to do, send me a paper bill? This is basic blocking and tackling. A bare bones yet functional OLAM can be hacked together over a weekend by one dude.

No one is forcing you to buy from them if you do not like them fine do not buy from them.
    They are a choice and I for one Like there service.
    I would rather see account Management myself instead of a fancy site.
    Every MVNO has there own set of problems. We could pick every one of them apart the list goes on and on.
    Hell even all the major carriers can be picked apart piece by piece if we wanted.
    It is what it is until they change it and then it won't be up to our standards.
    Point is you can not please everyone no matter who you are.
    I have not seen one post yet where a person had a problem buying what they wanted on that site .

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Guys,

Just activated a BB 9650 on Selectel. I used one of the dealers that posts here on Howard forums. Everything went smoothly. The phone was activated quickly and I didn't have any problems. I'm probably going to port one of my numbers over and sign up for the yearly plan sometime later this week. Thanks.

Fort

Feedback Score
    I have high hopes for Selectel. I want to have a viable alternative to PPC. Cause it's a when not if implosion scenario at PPC. I'm not the most gentle when it comes to encouragement. But in my way I am trying to encourage Selectel to get up to speed.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I have high hopes for Selectel. I want to have a viable alternative to PPC. Cause it's a when not if implosion scenario at PPC. I'm not the most gentle when it comes to encouragement. But in my way I am trying to encourage Selectel to get up to speed.
    I do too. And I'm sure they've got plans to upgrade their website. But, personally, I'm bigger on substance than on "flash." Give them a little time. They really only kicked their own MNVO business into high gear when AM and PPC announced the buyout. By what I've heard they've been swamped with new business. They probably have other priorities. What's that saying about not judging "until you've walked a mile in the other man's shoes?" I'm expecting big things from Selectel, that's where I'm porting my Sprint number.

Feedback Score
    I've been told the Flex Card must be used in conjunction with a Plan, either a Monthly or Yearly plan

I went to the "Flex Card only" plan a week ago & t's been a pain so far. A daily text (at my expense) to remind me my former monthly plan expired. Ya, it's only 5 cents, but also good indicator of the "issues" they are having with their lack of a system to support them. Makes me wonder how they can track data use for those on the $15 & $30 plans ?? I'm sure it's not in favor of the customer.

I may switch back to Page Plus because Selectel has no intention of matching the data on the PP $29.95 plan ! Maybe losing customers is the only way they will 'get it".
    Last edited by gsuemnic; 08-16-2013 at 08:04 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gsuemnic View Post
    I've been told the Flex Card must be used in conjunction with a Plan, either a Monthly or Yearly plan
    That's true now. It wasn't yesterday.

Feedback Score
    I have a Driod X from Selectel. How can I tell if I'm 'roaming' to other carrier towers under the Verizon / Selectel post-paid coverage agreement ?

I'm seriously thinking of jumping back to Page Plus. With the recent flex card only announcement, no website to speak of and Selectel NOT willing to match the data allotment on the PagePlus $29.95 plan, I see no reason to stick it out !

Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gsuemnic View Post
    I went to the "Flex Card only" plan a week ago & t's been a pain so far. A daily text (at my expense) to remind me my former monthly plan expired.
    I just got my first message (telling me that my -- non-existent -- former monthly plan had expired) but that was after the port from Sprint. So maybe I'll be getting them every day also. Ah well. Not worried about that -- but I was getting used to idea of no monthly payment.

Device(s)
    LG Volt, LG clamshell,
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus,T-Mo prepaid,Truphone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
    I just got my first message (telling me that my -- non-existent -- former monthly plan had expired) but that was after the port from Sprint. So maybe I'll be getting them every day also. Ah well. Not worried about that -- but I was getting used to idea of no monthly payment.
    In my case, I will stay with Selectel, even if I have to add a plan. I am currently just using it for data, but if I have to add a plan, I will use it as my main voice and text phone, too. I figure that I can do the $75/year deal. That is just $6.25/month plus the cost of data. That still isn't bad. It is about what I was paying on TFG, which was $6/month plus 6cents/mb.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob859 View Post
    In my case, I will stay with Selectel, even if I have to add a plan. I am currently just using it for data, but if I have to add a plan, I will use it as my main voice and text phone, too. I figure that I can do the $75/year deal. That is just $6.25/month plus the cost of data. That still isn't bad. It is about what I was paying on TFG, which was $6/month plus 6cents/mb.
    I liked the idea of the flex card only, with the ability to add a $50 monthly plan a couple of times a year when traveling, (extra data use) etc. With the yearly plan I'd be stuck. Believe me I've run the numbers and saw how good a deal the combinations could have been!!

Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do yet. Selectel is still a good deal, but I don't know if any of their plans fit what I need now.

Feedback Score
    Can you trust their data used numbers ? I saw issues when I was on the $50 plan, Seemed Selectel was 20 % higher ???

Feedback Score
    I sure hope someone at Select follows this forum...
    That's another short coming with Selectel... No knowledgeable support on the phone or even a practical way to talk/contact with a level 2 support person. Page Plus is far appearing superior for now. Once changes by the new owners begin to affect me at Page Plus ( the sale took take year to be approved by the FEDs), I'm sure either Selectel will have gotten their act together or another player will have emerged.

Page 23 of 95 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 73 ... LastLast