Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anyone still live on iDEN??

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Outside of the USA, absolutely or maybe on SouthernLINC. If you are outside of USA and need iDEN handsets, I can get you some historic handsets (and brand new ones).

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharline1983 View Post
    Attachment 93644
    Is this phone nice?

wow nice find..heres some more info

http://www.androidfools.com/2013/and...cost-just-320/

im really mad at sprint for them not having phones like these either be IDEN or CDMA WE NEED PHONES LIKE THIS SPRINT!!

i really love the fact that u can add a antenna on the phone....

the Kyocera line up sprint has now is a joke!! they are junk phones please nobody buy Kyocera

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    wow nice find..heres some more info

http://www.androidfools.com/2013/and...cost-just-320/

im really mad at sprint for them not having phones like these either be IDEN or CDMA WE NEED PHONES LIKE THIS SPRINT!!
    They do have a phone like one of those. The Sonim XP Strike looks pretty equivalent to the X1.
    Thrill me...

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6t
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    the Kyocera line up sprint has now is a joke!! they are junk phones please nobody buy Kyocera
    I will be on Kyocera #2 in 30 days due to the first falling apart and the speaker going to crap. So far the Duramax is anything but durable. It hasn't even seen field use only desk time.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
    They do have a phone like one of those. The Sonim XP Strike looks pretty equivalent to the X1.
    true, tho i never got to test the Sonim strike but were talking more on the lines of android OS

Quote Originally Posted by macuser09 View Post
    I will be on Kyocera #2 in 30 days due to the first falling apart and the speaker going to crap. So far the Duramax is anything but durable. It hasn't even seen field use only desk time.
    yes they are cheap made...a friend just bought the kyocera torque, he drop it while he was getting out of his truck and the thing just split the phone!

Motorola really needs to just a damn sprint phone they were king with the IDEN phones...i guess will never see the TRUE PTT with TRUE military specs

Feedback Score

i really love the fact that u can add a antenna on the phone....

I agree wholeheartedly. Overall, I have found nothing good about the Kyocera phones Sprint has introduced, they are NOTHING compared to the Nextel Moto's of yore. I'm kicking myself that we bought the Torques.

I agree about the antenna, too. Best phone we've ever had is the i365 with the original pull-up antenna replaced with the fixed, rubberized antenna from the i335. The i365 is my favorite phone of all time.

I wonder if these Runbos will make it to America, and if so, will they live up to their looks.

Device(s)
    Lg flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by N977ll View Post
    I think you are a current Sprint employee monitoring this forum.NO WAY with all the competition out there from other carriers, will you LOSE YOUR NUMBER because THEY wanted to shut a network down.The only scenario a see is that you dont pay for the service,THEN you lose your right to the number OR BOOST prepaid where if you dont port your number to CDMA,them you lose the number.I also think that after June 30th the service will still work.They are using threats to get everyone off.

Sir I am a former employee thank you and Like I said, once they shut the service off, you will not be able to retrieve your number and it will be gone. I have asked about this and they said a while ago, we have been telling everyone to transfer their number or lose it.

Just be forewarned.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6t
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Motorola really needs to just a damn sprint phone they were king with the IDEN phones...i guess will never see the TRUE PTT with TRUE military specs
    There was the V950 but that was the earlier generation Qchat. They weren't perfect but they were much better than the crap Sprint is pushing as durable now. Not sure why Sprint has such a hard time working with Motorola as they do make some really good phones. I actually like some of the regular consumer moto phones on Verizon. They are probably just as durable as the Kyocera line. I agree with you that the Kyocera's are cheap and Sprint should have never depended on them for a reliable durable phone. I guess the people at Sprint don't get out much.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There was the V950 but that was the earlier generation Qchat. They weren't perfect but they were much better than the crap Sprint is pushing as durable now. Not sure why Sprint has such a hard time working with Motorola as they do make some really good phones. I actually like some of the regular consumer moto phones on Verizon. They are probably just as durable as the Kyocera line. I agree with you that the Kyocera's are cheap and Sprint should have never depended on them for a reliable durable phone. I guess the people at Sprint don't get out much.

i had the v950 awesome phone (when u get a working one with out bugs) my PTT work just like Nextel no issues!

i havent try the new Qchat yet..

Device(s)
    Kyocera DuraXT-Primary
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL-DONE
    Feedback Score
    UPDATE: As of Friday June 14th,I have switched to the DuraXT
    The tactics Sprint is using to get people of iDEN;
    Redirecting Voicemail to a recorded notice in English/Spanish that you willl lose number after June 30th
    Redirecting a DIALED OUT NUMBER to Sprint CS FORCING you to speak to a Rep about your options(the poor rep doesnt know what a tongue lashing they will get because they interrupted an outgoing call)
    And the WORST Offense:Contacts calling me to say they heard a recorded message when they dialed my number that my phone was DISCONNECTED.Its seems to have been done intermittently,because I tried dialing out to my phone when it was off,but I got my voicemail.
    So that was the last straw,And i ported over to DuraXT Friday.
    RIP NEXTEL it was a good run.
    I will be powering on my i580 after the 30th to see if towers are still up.If screen says "READY" then the towers are still active.
    I suspect the network will still be up after the 30th for the stragglers
    Leaving Brooklyn? FUGGEDDABOUDDIT!

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I suspect it won't be.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6t
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
    I suspect it won't be.
    I agree as Sprint wants to get 800 CDMA up and going everywhere. 800 LTE may even see a push for testing purposes and fine tuning before LTE phones are unleashed with 800 LTE capabilities.

Feedback Score
    I agree as Sprint wants to get 800 CDMA up and going everywhere. 800 LTE may even see a push for testing purposes and fine tuning before LTE phones are unleashed with 800 LTE capabilities.
    So, if the 800MHz from iDEN is being refarmed to LTE, what is going to be used to improve Sprint's CDMA 3G network? I'm all for LTE, but as yet Sprint's 3G network is not even capable of delivering reliable PTT connections, and it's an absolute zero WRT data speeds.

Is this as good as it gets for Sprint's CDMA customers?

Are we to expect it to be like this until some point in the distant future when Sprint gets LTE covering the same area as their current CDMA coverage?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I'm still carrying my i325 with me daily, the annoying "your phone will quit working in XX days" daily text messages, and the reminder on EVERY outgoing phone call

Device(s)
    Kyocera DuraXT-Primary
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL-DONE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunterm View Post
    I'm still carrying my i325 with me daily, the annoying "your phone will quit working in XX days" daily text messages, and the reminder on EVERY outgoing phone call
    Do you feel that they will really shut down the network, or will it still be up after the 30th?
    Also: have you been getting people telling you that they dialed your number and there was a recording that it was disconnected?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast