Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anyone still live on iDEN??

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6t
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SDC_01 View Post
    So, if the 800MHz from iDEN is being refarmed to LTE, what is going to be used to improve Sprint's CDMA 3G network? I'm all for LTE, but as yet Sprint's 3G network is not even capable of delivering reliable PTT connections, and it's an absolute zero WRT data speeds.

Is this as good as it gets for Sprint's CDMA customers?

Are we to expect it to be like this until some point in the distant future when Sprint gets LTE covering the same area as their current CDMA coverage?
    There is some 1x on 800 already live in area where NV is taking place. With iDEN shut down the other half of the 800 spectrum is going to be repurposed to LTE. 3G/EVDO is going to be bad in areas until after NV passes an area. This doesn't mean it is going to take an official launch for things to improve as they are already improving in many markets that are under construction. The data where I live wasn't working (time outs and network busy errors) but now things load up right away. I loaded an animated radar on wunderground a few days ago in a matter of a second or two. Things do get better.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macuser09 View Post
    There is some 1x on 800 already live in area where NV is taking place. With iDEN shut down the other half of the 800 spectrum is going to be repurposed to LTE. 3G/EVDO is going to be bad in areas until after NV passes an area. This doesn't mean it is going to take an official launch for things to improve as they are already improving in many markets that are under construction. The data where I live wasn't working (time outs and network busy errors) but now things load up right away. I loaded an animated radar on wunderground a few days ago in a matter of a second or two. Things do get better.
    I hope you're right...thanks for the sliver of hope.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I guess we'll see, it's still running fine today, somehow they're putting VMs in my mailbox which isn't set up (google voice forwarding). Probably going to switch it out today, so I'm assuming when deactivated I won't be able to see if they actually turn it off.

Device(s)
    i1000000
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel duh
    Feedback Score
    I'm still on iDEN! I'm gonna be the last one on the network before it goes bye-bye

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I got off a few days ago, got a free Samsung "feature phone" from Boost. Figure I'll use up the credit that's left on it and then bail to PagePlus where I can use my Qualcomm QCP-820

BTW if anyone wants to buy my old i325 and put it up in a museum I'm taking bids now!

Device(s)
    Kyocera DuraXT-Primary
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL-DONE
    Feedback Score
    As of today,Friday June 28th,my old i580 powered on screen "READY".Towers still up.I will update after July 1st.It seems that this forum (and NEXTEL)wont be whacked anytime soon,reminds me of the Russian Pauile Walnuts tried to whack on the Sopranos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOri4-GHOFY
    Leaving Brooklyn? FUGGEDDABOUDDIT!

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    isnt the whole IDEN network suppose be offline on the 30th right?

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6t
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    Sunday is the big day when switches and such are to be shut off in rapid succession.

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    A sad day for those of us who remember owning a boostberry I was using free iden internet when most people didn't even consider having web access because of cost.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6t
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    Right at 12:01 AM ET on Sunday, Sprint engineers are going to pull the plug on all of the Nextel network switches around the country. The radio networks will still be live but they won’t be connected to anything, basically imposing radio silence on all of the remaining customers still using the iDEN network.

Found an article about it: http://gigaom.com/2013/06/28/t-minus...werent-warned/

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    A sad day for those of us who remember owning a boostberry I was using free iden internet when most people didn't even consider having web access because of cost.

Sent with the HoFo App
    My first smartphone was a Nextel 8520 (? The blue one) blackberry that was company provided, ah happy memories of the only BB with an extendable antenna!

Sent with the HoFo App
    Mourning the loss of my Nextel i325 but still using a bag phone.

Feedback Score
    All I have left is my office spare i265 that's gonna go dark tonite. Hate to see it happen since I have been under a Nextel tower for years at the office and it worked flawlessly for so long...can't remember the last time I called 611 for anything. This DuraXT has been a pain since there's only one tower and it's way out of my area; it plays 'swap the connection' all the time with a roaming tower up the road- never know when I'll have SDC available. Let's see if Sprunt gives me an Airave or not....oh, wait...they'll have more sites up in my area soon...when? Uh, we arent sure, sez Sprunt.

Also I can't get the same full-feature voicemail that iDEN had-- I could swap announcements around for the weekend etc. Sprunt sez no-no, cant do that on CDMA...what you hear is what you got...

And, cant get extended ringing like iDEN had- 4 rings is it then my customer goes to voicemail. Sorry, sez Sprunt....

Nextel, I miss you....

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    T-minus 2 hours (12 AM EST) until the shutdown...

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8350i
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL.|Communications
    Feedback Score

Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by WyFi View Post
    T-minus 2 hours (12 AM EST) until the shutdown...

T-Minus 1 hour, here in Philly. 8350i still has 4 bars. I am gonna hold the PTT button at midnight, hopefully to blow the hand off the engineer trying to pull the plug.
    “Right now, I’m glad we have the iDEN network,” Hesse said. “I wouldn’t have said that 18 months ago, but I am now ... from a financial perspective.”

NEXTEL. Done. I guess that's "Life at SprintSpeed"

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I was assuming the 30th was the last day of service.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast