Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anyone still live on iDEN??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati View Post
    I was assuming the 30th was the last day of service.
    12:01 am on the 30th. T minus 20min & counting...

I've got the i265 beeping back and forth with the DuraXT. Problem is the Dura can't keep a Sprunt site held and keeps swapping connection with a roaming site...hence, no reliable DC. But I will keep transmitting back & forth around midnite to see what happens...the complete shutdown of the iDEN network is similar to shutting down the analog signals on a TV station, in my mind. Not necessarily a great thing.

So long 150*11*9407

Feedback Score
    Still working...12:10AM EDT

oh well, enough. I'll try in the AM just out of curiosity.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveLKN View Post
    Still working...12:10AM EDT

oh well, enough. I'll try in the AM just out of curiosity.
    About 10 minutes left? http://s4gru.com/index.php?/index

Device(s)
    iPhone X (Verizon), Pixel 2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    Houston Cellular/Cingular/At&t - (2000-2018) T-Mobile (2018-present, VZW (2011-present)
    Feedback Score
    Still have signal just north of Dallas in Denton, Texas but I do get an error "Network Not Available" on the unactivated Boost phone when I try to actually connect. Bye iDen!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati View Post
    I was assuming the 30th was the last day of service.

I've got the i265 beeping back and forth with the DuraXT. Problem is the Dura can't keep a Sprunt site held and keeps swapping connection with a roaming site...hence, no reliable DC. But I will keep transmitting back & forth around midnite to see what happens...the complete shutdown of the iDEN network is similar to shutting down the analog signals on a TV station, in my mind. Not necessarily a great thing.

So long 150*11*9407
    From Sprint's announcement:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...lls-in-60-days

The last full day of iDEN service will be June 29; shutdown begins first thing Sunday, June 30, and will continue throughout the day. iDEN devices will then no longer receive voice service – including 911 calls – or data service. Sprint will shut down switch locations in rapid succession on June 30, followed by powering down equipment and eliminating backhaul at each cell site.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    RIP

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Device(s)
    LGV10
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I cannot speak for the remainder of Utah, but southwest Utah (St George / Washington County) went off the air around 3am mountain time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WyFi View Post
    RIP

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    "No Service"

NEXTEL....Done

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Man I miss nextel. Even though I haven't used them since 2007, they were always the most reliable in my eyes. I still have my i530 and my i860, both still charge up and in tact. Will most likely use these for off network DC. Anyone still modding codeplugs? Lol :P

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Apple iPhone 5S - Cricket (AT&T)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Tracfone (Verizon)
    Samsung Galaxy Centura - Tracfone (Verizon)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 - Harbor Mobile (T-Mobile)
    LG 440G - Tracfone (AT&T)
    Apple iPad 2 - WiFi only

Device(s)
    Kyocera DuraXT-Primary
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL-DONE
    Feedback Score
    Sunday June 30th 11:20 AM Brooklyn N.Y. Powered on i580 -NO SERVICE-Sprint has whacked NEXTEL.R.I.P NEXTEL.it was a good run.
    As for my Dura XT,Spotty SDC,also voice can sometimes go out,cannot make calls or receive.Will miss instant iDEN DC.Mods: keep the forum open for iDEN questions.
    Leaving Brooklyn? FUGGEDDABOUDDIT!

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SDC_01 View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. Overall, I have found nothing good about the Kyocera phones Sprint has introduced, they are NOTHING compared to the Nextel Moto's of yore. I'm kicking myself that we bought the Torques.

I agree about the antenna, too. Best phone we've ever had is the i365 with the original pull-up antenna replaced with the fixed, rubberized antenna from the i335. The i365 is my favorite phone of all time.

I wonder if these Runbos will make it to America, and if so, will they live up to their looks.
    I also have an i365 with the fixed rubberized antenna. Man, that was an awesome phone.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score

Anyone Still Live On iDEN??

Used iDen devices ought to be really dirt cheap on Fleabay now!

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

So long 150*11*9407

sprint said that the new SDC (PTT) will work on EVERY BAND even while roaming!!! so u should have no issue using SDC while roaming, might want to give a call to sprint?

also ur old DC number 150*11*9407 (and ur Nextel phone number) can be transfer to sprints SDC so ull be able to keep ur old DC numbers dont have to get rid of them..

FYI sprint also said they are shutting down the IDEN network starting from east and working its way over to the west..but didnt sprint say before that the WHOLE network will be turn off on the 30th?

Device(s)
    Pixel, S9+, S9, S8, S7, G6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    sprint said that the new SDC (PTT) will work on EVERY BAND even while roaming!!! so u should have no issue using SDC while roaming, might want to give a call to sprint?

also ur old DC number 150*11*9407 (and ur Nextel phone number) can be transfer to sprints SDC so ull be able to keep ur old DC numbers dont have to get rid of them..

FYI sprint also said they are shutting down the IDEN network starting from east and working its way over to the west..but didnt sprint say before that the WHOLE network will be turn off on the 30th?
    The entire network is shut down at the moment. Connections all across the US began to to drop beginning last time at 12:01am at the switch level. Some of the cell sites may still be broadcasting but there will be nothing going to or from the towers as the network has gone dark. Now it's up to the designated contractor crews to go up and take everything down / recycle stuff.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lilotimz View Post
    The entire network is shut down at the moment. Connections all across the US began to to drop beginning last time at 12:01am at the switch level. Some of the cell sites may still be broadcasting but there will be nothing going to or from the towers as the network has gone dark. Now it's up to the designated contractor crews to go up and take everything down / recycle stuff.
    Sprint recycling 100 million pounds of iDEN Nextel network gear and other materials

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-rele...-materials.htm

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...Sustainability

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast