Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: How's the S4?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    92
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0

    How's the S4?

    Hello all!

    Anyone out there have any positive/negative feedback about the Samsung Galaxy S4? I've been using an iPhone 4S for nearly 2 years and have been itching to jump back to the Android platform. If anyone jumped from an iOS device to the S4, please chime in and say how you feel about the transition. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NE IN
    Posts
    10,935
    Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've only had mine for a day. So far so good. Good RF performance in my limited use. The screen and camera are awesome.

    As for holding it......yes it is glossy. It's also big coming from an iPhone 4 and Atrix 2. And it's really thin. I will like it much better when the extended battery and back installed. I may get a case for it too. I need something i can hold onto and dislike really thin phones.
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:


    http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Posts
    2,321
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S4, iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Data-Only)
    Feedback Score
    0
    I recently took the plunge and purchased one, and so I've updated my review of the phone. You can read that review at:

    http://www.arcx.com/sites/Samsung%20Galaxy%20S4.htm

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    Samsung galaxy s4 is one of the most powerful device Samsung has created yet. I like it because of its glossy looks. iphone has its own charm but if i have to choose i will go for galaxy s4 as its bigger, good camera, stunning screen, User-replaceable battery etc. What i feel is that android application is better than ios. Android is more flexible and is full of latest apps.

    Though the price of samsung galaxy s4 is higher than iphone 4s but you will feel its worthy once you used 4s as the scrren is biger, camera resolution is better and last but not least is tht s4 is having super amoled capacitive touch screen.
    Last edited by priyanka24; 07-03-2013 at 03:10 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    2,267
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Go away spammer

    Quote Originally Posted by priyanka24 View Post
    Samsung galaxy s4 is one of the most powerful device Samsung has created yet. I like it because of its glossy looks. iphone has its own charm but if i have to choose i will go for galaxy s4 as its bigger, good camera, stunning screen, User-replaceable battery etc. What i feel is that android application is better than ios. Android is more flexible and is full of latest apps.

    Though the price of samsung galaxy s4 is higher than iphone 4s but you will feel its worthy once you used 4s as the scrren is biger, camera resolution is better and last but not least is tht s4 is having super amoled capacitive touch screen.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    85
    Feedback Score
    0
    My friend got it and they are very satisfied with the S4.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    Go away spammer
    Wht was the spammy in this

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Central Coast
    Posts
    2,707
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S6 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, 3(IRL), O2(D), 中国联通
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks for the review
    Bugwart

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    65
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint AFTER U.S. Cellular kicked me to the curb!
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've had mine for a week now. Before it, I had the Galaxy S3. The S3 WAS HUGE compared to my HTC Desire. The S4 is even bigger! I love the screen, I love the camera, though I am still trying to figure it all out. Jellybean is quite a bit different from Gingerbread! I'm VERY impressed with battery life. I am not a gamer, I bought the phone for daily use. I'm on roam in my building all day (thanks Sprint!), but it holds out from 6am to 10-11pm.

    As I figure out how to really make use of more of the features, I'm sure I'll like it even more. Also, I bought an Otter Box case for it at the time of purchase. I have NEVER been a fan of the Otter Box. They are HUGE, very bulky, and NOT waterproof as the name implies. But the salesman made me a deal on it, and assured me that if I wasn't impressed with the phone, I could return both no problems.

    If you are OK with Android phones, there just isn't much to not like about it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7
    Feedback Score
    0
    My friend bought this phone last weekend and he's happy with his purchase.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    65
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint AFTER U.S. Cellular kicked me to the curb!
    Feedback Score
    0
    Two weeks now, Battery life is amazing! Still takes me through the full day even with heavy usage. I just returned from Chicago and three full days of taking photos, and heavy usage of the GPS, still the battery held out from 7am to 7pm. I did need to quick charge to carry me through the evening, but that is to be expected. Again, I am not a gamer, but my kids played some games to keep them busy while we waited for lunch at Navy Pier. So the phone was in near constant use all day. I do have the power saver mode turned on, and I must say this DOES help!


    Quote Originally Posted by stlheadake View Post
    I've had mine for a week now. Before it, I had the Galaxy S3. The S3 WAS HUGE compared to my HTC Desire. The S4 is even bigger! I love the screen, I love the camera, though I am still trying to figure it all out. Jellybean is quite a bit different from Gingerbread! I'm VERY impressed with battery life. I am not a gamer, I bought the phone for daily use. I'm on roam in my building all day (thanks Sprint!), but it holds out from 6am to 10-11pm.

    As I figure out how to really make use of more of the features, I'm sure I'll like it even more. Also, I bought an Otter Box case for it at the time of purchase. I have NEVER been a fan of the Otter Box. They are HUGE, very bulky, and NOT waterproof as the name implies. But the salesman made me a deal on it, and assured me that if I wasn't impressed with the phone, I could return both no problems.

    If you are OK with Android phones, there just isn't much to not like about it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,658
    Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    ATT - aka Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've had my s4 for a week on the Google edition rom. Totally love it. Very snappy. Haven't had a chance to benchmark it against my note yet cuz I've been dealing with setting it up.

    Positives: screen is amazing and responsive.

    Negatives: runs hot but that could be because I have a ton of things going on

    Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 2




    Gotta Love that Mobile to Mobile---
    1K post 29Dec2006

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    109
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    The only issue i've noticed is when the auto updates start up, the internet connection seems to drop. Doesn't matter if I'm on wifi or 4G. I have to restart the phone to get the internet running again.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,708
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by priyanka24 View Post
    Wht was the spammy in this
    Thats an excellent question. Have you posted pro samsung sentiments in the iphone forum recently? Its that, or buddy doesn't know what a spammer is.

    Sent with the HoFo App

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    54
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have the S4, bit of a disappointment. Yes it has NFC and features I would never use but overall what still bothers me is the lagging of the device and glitchy response it gives from time to time. I seriously hope they fix these issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by BP1335 View Post
    Hello all!

    Anyone out there have any positive/negative feedback about the Samsung Galaxy S4? I've been using an iPhone 4S for nearly 2 years and have been itching to jump back to the Android platform. If anyone jumped from an iOS device to the S4, please chime in and say how you feel about the transition. Thanks!
    Passionate tech blogger, student in college and part time worker at SoldMyDevice SoldMyDevice.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How's the reception V60G?
    By Denden in forum Motorola
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2001, 11:04 AM
  2. How does the V60 compare to the Startac 7867W
    By KapitalK in forum Motorola
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-24-2001, 08:12 PM
  3. how's the T300?
    By Freezer in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2001, 03:54 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-13-2001, 05:32 PM
  5. how does the data cable for the 3390 work?
    By donatello3000 in forum Nokia
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-04-2001, 09:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks