Thread: Question - Trying to decide between Boost and Virgin Mobile

Feedback Score

Question - Trying to decide between Boost and Virgin Mobile

Hi Everyone,

I am one of the many people who are excited about the Galaxy S 3 moving to Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile on the June 12th. As of June 28th, I will be freed from the chains of Verizon, and will be a prepaid customer. But, I am not sure which service to go with, Virgin Mobile or Boost Mobile. I know this is a Boost Mobile forum (and I will probably post this in the Virgin Mobile forum too), but is there much difference between the service of Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile, and can any of you recommend either? For reference, I live outside of LA, and I can get LTE.

Any help and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Feedback Score
    Having used VM in the past and knowing all the service problems they have been having. Currently being a Boost user I can say for myself Boost is where I would recommend.
    Both services are owned by Sprint but the service quality between the two are not equal.
    My self I'm holding out for the a SGS4 before I get another boost phone

ST to IPhone http://goo.gl/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://goo.gl/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://goo.gl/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidFoneFan View Post
    Having used VM in the past and knowing all the service problems they have been having. Currently being a Boost user I can say for myself Boost is where I would recommend.
    Both services are owned by Sprint but the service quality between the two are not equal.
    My self I'm holding out for the a SGS4 before I get another boost phone

Service "should" be exactly the same the diference os mostly the plans and shrinkgas but i could be wrong... And sg4 lol you will be waiting a while concidering sg3JUST made it to boost

Feedback Score
    If u don't talk much and if u txt and use a lot of data then virgin mobile is for u

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie123 View Post
    Service "should" be exactly the same the diference os mostly the plans and shrinkgas but i could be wrong... And sg4 lol you will be waiting a while concidering sg3JUST made it to boost
    Service is not just the same, they are both sprint providers but they do not use the same systems or servers, possibly same towers don't know that.

Feedback Score

Lightbulb Boost and Virgin

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidFoneFan View Post
    Service is not just the same, they are both sprint providers but they do not use the same systems or servers, possibly same towers don't know that.

Boost Mobile and Virgin exclusively use the Sprint CDMA Network. There used to be quite a few Boost Mobile customers using the NEXTEL/IDEN Network, however, with Nextel shutdown that is no more.

There is a big difference between Boost and Virgin, though. In terms of data, Boost Mobile customers have the same priority as Sprint contract customers (1st priority). Virgin has the same priority as a 3rd party reseller using Sprint towers, which is second.

So yeah, you will be using different proxy servers and so on with Virgin Mobile.

Between the two, go with Boost Mobile, unless you are OK with your data requests getting queued if first priority customers are using all the bandwidth.

Device(s)
    iPhone8, Galaxy_S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, Total_Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Sprint As You Go: Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/7.0.5/30.3745; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialEdVTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidFoneFan

Boost Mobile and Virgin exclusively use the Sprint CDMA Network. There used to be quite a few Boost Mobile customers using the NEXTEL/IDEN Network, however, with Nextel shutdown that is no more.

There is a big difference between Boost and Virgin, though. In terms of data, Boost Mobile customers have the same priority as Sprint contract customers (1st priority). Virgin has the same priority as a 3rd party reseller using Sprint towers, which is second.

So yeah, you will be using different proxy servers and so on with Virgin Mobile.

Between the two, go with Boost Mobile, unless you are OK with your data requests getting queued if first priority customers are using all the bandwidth.
    And where is your source to verify this "priority" of service? Or is this just your hypothesis?
    Last edited by vmobi; 08-28-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    PREPAID means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Virgin Mobile: $50 / $10 | Total Wireless: $25