Thread: New $60/mo for 6GB data + unlimited most other things (or $55/mo for 3GB data)

Carrier(s)
    Public, TMo PP, H2O
    Feedback Score

New $60/mo for 6GB data + unlimited most other things (or $55/mo for 3GB data)

Vidéotron has two promotional plans going right now. Could be interesting if unlimited coverage in QC and Ottawa is sufficient. Vidéotron uses the same 1700 AWS handsets as Wind, Mobilicity, and TMobile (US). The famous Galaxy SIIx (Telus/Koodo) will also work.

$60/mo: Unlimited calls to Canada and the US; Unlimited messages (text, photo, video); Call Display, Voicemail 35; 6 GB data add-on

$55/mo: Unlimited calls to Canada and the US; Unlimited messages (text, photo, video); Call Display, Voicemail 35; 3 GB data add-on

http://www.videotron.com/residential...e/mobile-plans

I don't see a requirement for a contract, $35 activation fee is extra. The only thing missing for me is Call Forward, which is $5/mo. Roaming is 30c/min in Canada or US. Unlimited coverage area is essentially parts of QC, Ottawa, and the 417/40 corridor.

Note that this appears to be available to existing customers:

This limited-time offer is for actual Vidéotron's mobile telephone service or all residential customers subscribing to Vidéotron's mobile telephone service. Each additional calling minute (local or long-distance, out-of-plan) costs 30¢. Charges for long-distance calls, roaming charges and other applicable charges not included.
    When they introduced the $55 plan, Fido responded with a QC-only plan for $60/mo that dropped the US LD but included Fido coverage area.

Any thoughts? If they allow signing up with no contract, and BYOD, would there be any sort of ECF? Either for QC or ON customer?

Thanks!
    =aw

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I used this promo to cut down my Rogers bill. Rogers offered the $55 Videotron package to me for $60 per month. And I'm still month to month. I never use more than 2-3 gig of data any given month so the 6 gig was a wash.

I called into Videotron to verify that they could port 613 numbers. All calls, data etc., incurred while roaming outside of their network would be very expensive.

So I kept my Rogers account and don't worry about roaming. I've been using google talk for US calls up until now but with the change I'm getting North American calling.

Good on Videotron for helping to lower the price of operating a smartphone in Canada.

Feedback Score
    I dont' see how Videotron can ask so much on a non LTE, ****** building penetration network.

Videotron doesn't work in my basement (just like wind and mobilicity don't). Bellus and rogers show up. So basically it's roaming in parts of my home.

And it is , IMO, stupid to get on one of these expensive price plans with a BYOP.... So you pay for your own phone AND get a plan that includesd a subsidy that you are paying for but won't use? Crazyness.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Signed up on Videotron this morning. They don't show the 6GB/unlimited plan on their web site anymore, but they had a 3GB/unl. plan for 54.95$ and a promo to double your data for 5$. So the 6GB plan for 60$ is still available.

This one was for my mother, but my contract is ending with Rogers so it's good to know.

Carrier(s)
    Public, TMo PP, H2O
    Feedback Score
    I looked last week and thought the $55 and $60 plans were gone. Closest I could find at http://www.videotron.com/residential...e/mobile-plans (where the $55 and $60 plans were) was 2GB, and LD only to QC (not sure if that includes Ottawa, I assume not though they sometimes say "QC" when they mean "our native coverage").

After reading the post above, I went back and don't see the $55/3GB plan anywhere. Best I see is $60 for 2GB and LD to QC. I don't see the "double data for $5" which was there before. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks!
    =aw

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ^dont see the 6GB plan either but here is the link for double double...

http://www.videotron.com/residential/mobile

Carrier(s)
    Public, TMo PP, H2O
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, not entirely surprisingly it says this in the fine print:

Videotron is offering customers with a data add-on of 500 MB or 1 GB the chance to double their internet data allowance for only $5 more per month.*
    Of course it _used_ to be $5 to go from 3GB to 6GB but that was then. I was thinking of buying out my Telus contract and swapping broader coverage for unlimited daytime (net cost to the end of the Telus contract was breakeven) but now it's not an option. Maybe it will come back.

=aw

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a in yul View Post
    ^dont see the 6GB plan either but here is the link for double double...

http://www.videotron.com/residential/mobile
    Apply to mobile plans and mobile data add-on including the capacities mentioned(500 MB and 1 GB).. Certain conditions apply for Blackberry devices.
    Conditions and offers subject to change without notice.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    The unlimited everything with 3GB at 55$ or 6GB at 60$ are still available but you have to ask it. They hide it because it was too advantageous and they use it only to close a transaction unless you ask it specifically.

Feedback Score
    ^This is ridiculous! Why they don't call it a Retention Plan instead?
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Carrier(s)
    Public, TMo PP, H2O
    Feedback Score
    Thanks nelsoon.

Do they still charge $35 for activation? It sounds like the others are moving to $15.

=aw