Thread: bait and switch rant

Feedback Score

bait and switch rant

I went into my local Verizon wireless store and got 2 phones for my boys added to my account. I had unlimited data and they sales guy talked us into changing the plan....in the end we got NOTHING of what they sales man told us we were getting and on top of it we are spending $40 more than he told us we would pay (funny how he came in exactly within out required budget amount when talking to us). I have called and called trying to talk to someone at Verizon but, they just try to placate you with oh I am sorry and look we got you down by $20. I am now saving $20 because I cancelled the insurance on every phone to save the dang money YOU did not do a darn thing to help me resolve anything!!!

I have 2 phones that are finished with their contract and have 2 more to go. I am MOST defiantly exiting the building as soon as my phones are up.

I have been with Verizon for over 20 years and I have NEVER been more frustrated with customer service in my life. There is no loyalty with this company. I am sure they feel they have a monopoly on the cells phones but, we still have choices, ya know Verizon....and several hundred friends we talk too!!

Feedback Score
    How long has Verizon been in business ?

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cycledude View Post
    How long has Verizon been in business ?
    They've been doing business as Verizon since 2000. Formerly, they were Bell Atlantic.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    They've been doing business as Verizon since 2000. Formerly, they were Bell Atlantic.
    Yep, Verizon is more Ma Bell than AT&T Wireless is, lol! AT&T was broken up into baby bells like Bell Atlantic, which then became Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by angelainma View Post
    I went into my local Verizon wireless store and got 2 phones for my boys added to my account. I had unlimited data and they sales guy talked us into changing the plan....in the end we got NOTHING of what they sales man told us we were getting and on top of it we are spending $40 more than he told us we would pay (funny how he came in exactly within out required budget amount when talking to us). I have called and called trying to talk to someone at Verizon but, they just try to placate you with oh I am sorry and look we got you down by $20. I am now saving $20 because I cancelled the insurance on every phone to save the dang money YOU did not do a darn thing to help me resolve anything!!!

I have 2 phones that are finished with their contract and have 2 more to go. I am MOST defiantly exiting the building as soon as my phones are up.

I have been with Verizon for over 20 years and I have NEVER been more frustrated with customer service in my life. There is no loyalty with this company. I am sure they feel they have a monopoly on the cells phones but, we still have choices, ya know Verizon....and several hundred friends we talk too!!
    Sounds like you went to one of the franchise stores instead of a corporate store. Never go to those. In fact, never go into the stores at all. You should have posted on the main Verizon thread for advice.

What plan were you on (the exact name) and what plan are you on now (the exact name)?

Are you still within the return period?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by angelainma View Post
    I have 2 phones that are finished with their contract and have 2 more to go.
    How much longer do they have on contract?

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    How much longer do they have on contract?
    You know this post is 4.5 years old, right?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    You know this post is 4.5 years old, right?
    Just noticed it, saw your earlier response and didn't think to check the date on the OP.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Time to close a long dead thread
    Last edited by veriztd; 01-14-2018 at 12:01 PM.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame