Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 434

Thread: Casio G'zOne Commando 4G C811 Release Thread

  1. #361
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    68
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cannoncrawler View Post
    Mine just did the Software update to Jellybean a few days ago. It killed the WiFi and the Bluetooth, both would not turn on. I had to have the phone replaced.
    How did you guys even get the update to download?

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NE Fla.
    Posts
    566
    Carrier(s)
    FirstNet, Verizon via RedPocket, Alachua County CCC via APCO25
    Feedback Score
    0
    settings>about phone>system updates

    If you have done "stuff" to your phone it will likely brick or not install, proceed with caution...

  3. #363
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    68
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by robertjglenn View Post
    settings>about phone>system updates

    If you have done "stuff" to your phone it will likely brick or not install, proceed with caution...
    Quote Originally Posted by willmavile View Post
    Found it, but for the passed few days, I've tried and tried again. Each time it says "Error in downloading; not enough memory". or something like that when I have about 10GB of free space...

    Also throws a general "error, try again later" or something to that effect when I try it without my SD card mounted.
    See my above post.

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    20
    Device(s)
    Commando 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Got my watch today and this morning my phone updated since I turned it off last night for the first time in a while. When I turned it back on it started updating stuff. Coincidence that the watch arrived on the same day as the update. Cool, free, no apparent strings.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NE Fla.
    Posts
    566
    Carrier(s)
    FirstNet, Verizon via RedPocket, Alachua County CCC via APCO25
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by willmavile View Post
    See my above post.
    If you are the original owner you should call in and have it replaced. I like jellybean on this phone, it runs it well and solves some nagging issues like weird reboots and that annoying text message every time you check your voicemail.

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    Eltee49 do you remember when you signed up. I still haven't got mine

    Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

  7. #367
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    68
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by robertjglenn View Post
    If you are the original owner you should call in and have it replaced. I like jellybean on this phone, it runs it well and solves some nagging issues like weird reboots and that annoying text message every time you check your voicemail.
    Mine never has weird random reboots... I love my phone and don't feel like it needs to be replaced, but I will definitely check with Verizon on the issue.

    It's still happening even after I moved a crap ton of apps off internal storage to my SD card.

    Thanks.

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    20
    Device(s)
    Commando 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chemicalgutter View Post
    Eltee49 do you remember when you signed up. I still haven't got mine

    Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk
    Seems about 2 months

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    39
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by willmavile View Post
    Mine never has weird random reboots... I love my phone and don't feel like it needs to be replaced, but I will definitely check with Verizon on the issue.

    It's still happening even after I moved a crap ton of apps off internal storage to my SD card.

    Thanks.
    My reboots were WiFi related. Go into advance WiFi settings and uncheck tge box that says to connect to weak or unstable connections.

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Ok, I did read through this thread. Maybe I missed it, however is there a phone protector (like an otter box as an example) that will fit over the extended battery? I did some research and when I purchased the phone I purchased an extended battery right from verizon. They had a fitted case for the regular battery, however they did not know of a protector that worked with the extended battery.

    I know people say you don't need one with this phone. I fully understand that, regardless I would like to have one for peace of mind. Also it keeps it looking nice in my opinion.

    Also, how do you folks recommend keeping the face clean (natural skin oils etc)?

    Btw I have been doing the update and its taken a half hour so far with 3 bars of 4GE. How long should this take?

    Lastly, I have had no problems with this phone. This is the best phone I have had to date. I run two businesses so I am constantly on it and I am hard on phones, and so is the fact that one of the businesses I own is a machine shop (dust, coolant -being dropped in it-, metal shavings, etc).

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    87
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Have not seen a case/cover for it with the extended battery, but I use a Niteize Clip Case Sideways Holster (large) and it fits the phone perfectly even with the extended battery. I bought it at REI for less than $10.

    http://www.niteize.com/product/Clip-...o-Sideways.asp

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have the extended battery. It is heavy and durable enough in my opinion. As for keeping the face clean, I rub it on my shirt... 60% of the time it works every time.

    Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    Sad update: I never received my free casio watch.

    I guess I shouldn't complain about poor follow through on a promise for a free item...

    Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

  14. #374
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    68
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by adarblight View Post

    Also, how do you folks recommend keeping the face clean (natural skin oils etc)?

    Btw I have been doing the update and its taken a half hour so far with 3 bars of 4GE. How long should this take?
    1. Wash it in the sink. Seriously, I do this every once in a while and it makes it look good as new.

    2. You're already doing better than I, as it always tells me my phone is out of memory and doesn't even try to download it.

    Quote Originally Posted by chemicalgutter View Post
    Sad update: I never received my free casio watch.

    I guess I shouldn't complain about poor follow through on a promise for a free item...

    Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    44
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have a cheapo amazon case that I bought for 2 bucks. Yea it sucks but it has the bump for the extended battery. I need to get one. Anyone have any lag issues? My phone seems a little sluggish. Also my gallery still gives me an error when I try to upload pics. One more question. Is there a holder that works with the charging cradle? I would like to use it in the car. I know the old droids and iPhones have a nice set up. Thanks

    Sent from my C811 4G using HoFo mobile app

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 111
    Last Post: 06-04-2013, 03:26 AM
  2. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 11:24 PM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 08:04 PM
  4. The Official Casio G'zOne Type-S Pre-Release Thread
    By Jaker in forum Feature Phones
    Replies: 332
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 12:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks