Thread: GoPhone APN settings list

Feedback Score

GoPhone APN settings list

I think starting a thread with working APN settings can help a lot of people. I found out yesterday my Nexus 4 settings will not allow my wife's Razr i to send/receive MMS but everything else works. At&t customer service had me use some singular settings and everything works now.

So Android phones can use different settings. I'll reserve the first few posts and keep the thread up to date with working Android & iPhone settings. Please list your phone model with your settings.

I'll update when I get home tonight with the Motorola Razr i settings, if anyone is using a Motorola phone please let me know your working APN settings.

Nexus 4 APN:
    Name: ATT Phone
    APN: Phone
    Proxy: Not set
    Port: Not set
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: Not set
    APN type: default,supl,mms (NO SPACES BETWEEN COMMAS)
    APN protocol: IPv4
    APN roaming protocol: IPv4
    APN enable/disable: APN enabled
    Bearer: unspecified

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Feedback Score
    reserved 1

Feedback Score
    reserved 2

Feedback Score
    reserved 3

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    What are the meanings of the extra posts? You only have a twenty-four hour window to edit a message. After that, the message is locked. Create new messages when needed and they will fit in the thread in the order in which they are posted. There is already a sticky thread in the ATT Forum with the settings for Motorola telephones. Those settings work for other telephones since the settings are device independent.
    Last edited by efparri; 06-28-2013 at 10:21 AM.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    I didn't know about the 24hr edit window, I added the extra posts so I could keep adding working APN's with pictures from people as other forums only allow a few pics per post. Being able to keep all the current info in the first few posts was my goal.
    Can you link me to the Motorola At&t APN sticky, I'm searching for it but can't find it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    What are the meanings of the extra posts? You only have a twenty-four hour window to edit a message. After that, the message is locked. Create new messages when needed and they will fit in the thread in the order in which they are posted. There is already a sticky thread in the ATT Forum with the settings for Motorola telephones. Those settings work for other telephones since the settings are device independent.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I am using my iPad because the web URL fails to connect. It is too cumbersome to try to post links within the iPad app. When the website is back online, I will look for the link.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the link, I dont see any APN settings listed. The thread is 7 years old so I'm not sure any of those settings would be current.

Carrier(s)
    ATT Go
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FSRBIKER View Post
    Thanks for the link, I dont see any APN settings listed. The thread is 7 years old so I'm not sure any of those settings would be current.
    I had a fortune of talking to a fairly knowledgeable tier 2 support guy the other day at ATT (not before some 40+ min wait and a bimbo trying to tell me ... my speed is slow 20Kbps because of ... trees, traffic, weather and what not!) ... anyway looks like there are only 2 real settings for ATT go ... the one you listed for "4G" and wap.cingular one for "3G".

In my case i activated the sim with Nokia N9 ... so ATT cleverly logged it as a GSM (read GPRS at 20Kbps) phone. When i called in he said he switched it on their side as a 3G phone ... and gave me the settings in case i can get hold of a "4G" phone ... i used the new settings (ATT Phone one) for my NEXUS 4 which is my other phone.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. Did you try the ATT Phone APN settings for your Nokia phone? If so are MMS working?
    That's the only thing that doesn't work on my wife's Razr i unless I use the Cingular APN. What doesn't make sense is the ATT Phone APN works perfectly on my Nexus 4. The Razr i speeds/ping are much faster with the ATT Phone APN so I'd like to figure out why it doesn't work on one phone vs the other.

Carrier(s)
    ATT Go
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FSRBIKER View Post
    Thanks for the info. Did you try the ATT Phone APN settings for your Nokia phone? If so are MMS working?
    That's the only thing that doesn't work on my wife's Razr i unless I use the Cingular APN. What doesn't make sense is the ATT Phone APN works perfectly on my Nexus 4. The Razr i speeds/ping are much faster with the ATT Phone APN so I'd like to figure out why it doesn't work on one phone vs the other.

Will try tomorrow and let you know... also I recently bought galaxy express... there was no lte till I actually called and got them to change the phone that I am using

Sent with the HoFo App