Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My experience with Verizon thus far

Feedback Score

My experience with Verizon thus far

I am in the West Knoxville Tn area and we decided to try Verizon a couple of days ago.So far i have found that the service is not all it's cracked up to be.Coming from T-Mobile inmo the voice quality is just awful!!People complain that they don't understand what i say or get every other word.We have called and they have reset us on the network adjusted some settings on the acct.I have noticed that the signal strength is very erratic sometimes no bars then 1 then two and so on.My question is has any others experienced these same issues?BTW my partner and i have Note 2's.
    Caring Person

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I always found the service in the knoxville area to be solid but unfortunately voice quality on cdma (vzw/sprint/us cellular) is inferior to what you would experience on gsm (att/t mobile). The only reason I left Verizon a few months ago after several years was because their 3g network was terrible as far as data speeds go in areas that they hadn't yet expanded their 4g coverage into. Knoxville is basically covered with 4g but once you travel to some of the outlying cities and towns you fall back into the painfully slow 3g.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's gonna be hard to top T-Mobile's voice quality on any carrier. They're always full rate AMR, and since the end of last year they've been running HD Voice within their network which sounds even better than that. Good thing you've never used HD Voice, otherwise you would've been even more disappointed with CDMA.
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

We had Galaxy Note 2's on T-Mobile so I guess we had HD voice.
    Last edited by guy2; 06-29-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by guy2 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

We had Galaxy Note 2's on T-Mobile so I guess we had HD voice.
    You actually did have it. Ouch.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Did you consider that it may be the phone and not the network? Been reading lots of complaints about the radios in Samsung products.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    It's gonna be hard to top T-Mobile's voice quality on any carrier. They're always full rate AMR, and since the end of last year they've been running HD Voice within their network which sounds even better than that. Good thing you've never used HD Voice, otherwise you would've been even more disappointed with CDMA.
    Agreed. Although T-Mobile's coverage isn't as complete as Verizon Wireless', their voice quality was a lot better by far...

Quote Originally Posted by TWC42 View Post
    Did you consider that it may be the phone and not the network? Been reading lots of complaints about the radios in Samsung products.
    If other people in OP's area are having a different experience on Verizon than OP, then I would go ahead and give this advice a try (especially with phones that are "verified" to work well in those areas by other users).
    - Chokaay

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have had nothing but great service in the Knoxville area including voice quality with Verizon. I have not spent a lot of time in West Knoxville but from Oak Ridge to Maryville no problems at all. I am using an iPhone 4S but even my old LG Octane had really good voice quality.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play with Mophie battery pack (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I've heard not-so good things about the radios in Samsung phones too. They could be subpar and effecting your service. You may want to exchange the phones back (if you got VZW only a couple days ago, you're within the free exchange period) and maybe get different ones. See how the service is then.

Feedback Score
    I am in the West Knoxville Tn area and we decided to try Verizon a couple of days ago.So far i have found that the service is not all it's cracked up to be.Coming from T-Mobile inmo the voice quality is just awful!!People complain that they don't understand what i say or get every other word.We have called and they have reset us on the network adjusted some settings on the acct.I have noticed that the signal strength is very erratic sometimes no bars then 1 then two and so on.My question is has any others experienced these same issues?BTW my partner and i have Note 2's.
    Nobody really give a Sh_it, if you like T-mobiles awsome coverage please port back.

Feedback Score

Please post only helpful comments and please have manners.Thanks to those that have given constructive comments

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    What motivated you to leave T-Mobile?
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score

When we went to the mountains of NC (Murphy)one of our phones worked great roaming on AT&T and the other didn't work in same area.We were on postpaid.They couldn't figure out why that happened.

Feedback Score

Some of the areas that we are having trouble in West Knox are Andes Rd,Chertpit Rd,Ballcamp Pike at Andes,Ball Camp Pike,Trousdale,Campbell Station going toward Hardin Valley Rd.S Northshore Dr going toward Farragut,been eager Rd near country Club
    Last edited by guy2; 06-30-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

When we went to the mountains of NC (Murphy)one of our phones worked great roaming on AT&T and the other didn't work in same area.We were on postpaid.They couldn't figure out why that happened.
    We had adequate coverage in Murphy via AT&T roaming when we visited. Maybe one of your devices was set not to allow roaming? Is that the only reason you switched? I would venture to say all providers will disappoint you some how somewhere. If your trips to those areas are infrequent I personally would not give up a service that has been working for me where I spend most of my time.

Sent with the HoFo App

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast