Thread: Moving Data From Motorola (ST) to LG (Verizon)

Feedback Score

Moving Data From Motorola (ST) to LG (Verizon)

I currently have a ST Motorola Defy XT and the carrier is Sprint. In one word after I purchased the phone based on being told by ST that I would have reliable service, the Sprint service in my area of Tn sucks big time (maybe it should be three words)! I've decided to go with a LG Optimus Exceed phone thru Verizon Prepaid. I will pay a little more but I've found out that ST Customer Service is as bad as my current phone's carrier. My question is will the contact data, music and photos on my internal micro sd card from my Defy XT phone be recognized by my LG Exceed phone when I plug it in or will I have to format once inserted into the Exceed phone and them try to move via blue tooth from one phone to the other? I'm not sure if the formatting is based on the Android OS or the phone manufacturer. I also know that I'm upgrading my Android OS from 2.3 with the Moto to 4.0 with the LG so that may create an issue also but I wasn't sure. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Feedback Score
    I should have labeled it removable micro sd card. Sorry!

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Did it happen yet? It should have worked.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveanderson13 View Post
    Did it happen yet? It should have worked.
    If you're asking if the data on my card from the XT Defy phone was recognized on the Exceed phone the answer was no. I had to transfer my contacts and the music from the old phone to the new. I initially tried just manually moving my card from the old phone to the new but nothing was recognized. If I remember correctly I exported the contact list via bluetooth and then used my PC to transfer the music files from one micro sd card to the other and all worked as expected. I still wish that the data would have been common to both phones but if I understood the Verizon customer service rep. they stated that although both phones use a fat32 file system each phone manufacturer prevents the data from being available to a different make of phone.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That sucks.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I agree! There should be a standard that would allow the moving of a micro sd card from one make of phone to another instead of having to manually transfer data from one card to another when they're using the same OS such as Android.