Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Sprint 800MHz coverage

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Sprint 800MHz coverage

I'm noticing more and more 800MHz coverage. I have 'SignalCheckPro' set to audible alert when it connects to 800MHz.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What area is this.. And how fast is your 3g speeds?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trim99 View Post
    What area is this.. And how fast is your 3g speeds?
    - As of the last few days it's been all over Redmond out to Prineville Oregon. There have been brief connections sometimes faint out in the middle of no where as well. I just mapped LTE from Apple's Data Center to outside of the city of Prineville.

- 3G speeds have been solid (2-3Mbps) since mid/late Dec. http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...A-speeds/page9

This screen shot was a little over a week ago, there is/wasn't any Sprint coverage in this area (HWY between Warm Springs, OR. and Government Camp, OR,) I turned roaming off more than 6 months ago. Part of this stretch offers no Verizon or Sprint coverage.

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile Post-Pay
    Feedback Score
    800SMR is one of the thing Im most looking forward to on Sprint. I'm in Houston and haven't noticed any at all so far. I know theres supposely some 800Mhz towers completed here due to the sponsor map on s4gru.com but aside from that I haven't seen any evidence. Hopefully they will get it rolled out fast.
    “The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

― George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Hopefully with iDEN shut down, LTE will be next to show up.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    can u please do a speed test while on 1x 800?? would like to know how much faster 1x is on 800 vs 1900...thanks

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    can u please do a speed test while on 1x 800?? would like to know how much faster 1x is on 800 vs 1900...thanks
    Without the ability to turn off 3G, I'll try and stop for a speedtest in that remote 1x800 only location, signal strength will be low there.

I've noticed it connects near the airport in Redmond, OR. and seems to stay on the same tower for 20 - 25 miles to Prineville, OR. (there is LTE in both of these towns).
    Last edited by 503ducati; 07-10-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati View Post
    Without the ability to turn off 3G, I'll try and stop for a speedtest in that remote 1x800 only location, signal strength will be low there.

I've noticed it connects near the airport in Redmond, OR. and seems to stay on the same tower for 20 - 25 miles to Prineville, OR. (there is LTE in both of these towns).

theres a app where u can turn on/off EVDO/LTE making the phone only see 1x...forget what the app was called tho but yes please do when u can!

theres been word of 1x800 in PA as well...

anybody seeing 1x800 should post their location

Device(s)
    LG G8 Thinq
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I get 800 about 7 miles from the tower in Rushville, IL but it is very unstable. Likely do to the site characteristics such as being in a small valley with no tower height to compensate. Makes it so that it isn't taller than the trees to the north and west. Signal propagation from that tower sucks unless you are on what was the main highway 25+ years ago. It was one of the last iPCS tower to be built so they likely did it as cheap as possible to say they had the area covered somewhat.

Device(s)
    Xperia Z
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    theres a app where u can turn on/off EVDO/LTE making the phone only see 1x...forget what the app was called tho but yes please do when u can!

theres been word of 1x800 in PA as well...

anybody seeing 1x800 should post their location
    There appears to be 1x800 (800SMR) in York PA and I believe in Harrisburg PA. Also going down 83S to Baltimore.

Device(s)
    Pixel, S9+, S9, S8, S7, G6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by qew204 View Post
    There appears to be 1x800 (800SMR) in York PA and I believe in Harrisburg PA. Also going down 83S to Baltimore.
    If you're in shentel (sprint affiliate) territory then you're in luck. They practically have all their cell sites turned on with CDMA 800 1x.

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play Droid
    Carrier(s)
    The big V
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lilotimz View Post
    If you're in shentel (sprint affiliate) territory then you're in luck. They practically have all their cell sites turned on with CDMA 800 1x.
    Are they just using Sprint sites or are they converting former Nextel sites as well? The (former) Nextel site down the road from me has new panels and stuff put on in the last 6-12 months, so I was wondering if it's Sprint or another carrier.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by country6925 View Post
    Are they just using Sprint sites or are they converting former Nextel sites as well? The (former) Nextel site down the road from me has new panels and stuff put on in the last 6-12 months, so I was wondering if it's Sprint or another carrier.
    Only one way to find out..

Here's the threads on how to identify network vision equipment by vendor.

Alcatel-Lucent
    http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/39...-lucent-style/

Ericsson
    http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/29...ricsson-style/

Samsung
    http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/39...samsung-style/

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilotimz View Post

pittsburgh area here im guessing thats part of shentel?...is shentel does the whole state of PA?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    pittsburgh area here im guessing thats part of shentel?...is shentel does the whole state of PA?
    [Shentel coverage areas run along the I-81 corridor from Southern Virginia, through Western Maryland up in to Central Pennsylvania around Harrisburg.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast