Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Looking for opinions on ZACT from actual ZACT users.

Carrier(s)
    Ting - R+ - Lyca - BYO - Selectel
    Feedback Score

Looking for opinions on ZACT from actual ZACT users.

Looking for opinions on the ZACT service from those who are actually using the ZACT service or their employees. My last thread was pretty much sidetracked with opinion from the outside and that was partly my fault, so please refrain from posting unless you are a ZACT subscriber or have a question to a subscriber that has posted here. Otherwise I will flag it.
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    I've been using Zact for about three weeks now with the Optimus Elite. It seems to work just fine as far as I can tell although I have to admit this is my first smart phone so I may not know any better. I've been using US Cellular for a number of years and they are leaving this market forcing me to change. I've had a family plan with non-smart phones for me, my daughter and my wife. I looked at other providers and it looked like a big price increase until I found Zact. Zact looks to be even less expensive than what I was paying with US Cellular. They use the Sprint network as does US Cellular which is a drawback for me as I don't get good call reception in parts of my house--but I don't use my cell much at home anyway.

My next step is to order phones for my daughter and wife. I am a little concerned about this investment in phones because I'm not sure Zact will eventually be successful. They have done no marketing that I can see and no recent press releases. I've had to call tech support several times and received good service. If I were Zact I would be flooding the Chicago market with publicity because everyone using US Cellular must find a new provider.

Feedback Score

Not a happy customer

I ordered ZACT service on July 7. On Aug 10 I made a 911 call. That was the last time my LG phone worked. I can not turn on the phone anymore. It is fully charged. I contacted customer service on Aug 10. On Aug 11 I received an email confirming customer service received my complaint. The email from customer service stated I would be contacted within '12 business hours'. I'm assuming that means I should hear from Zact customer service sometime on Tues, Aug 13.

The "30 Day Money Back Guarantee" expired on Aug 7. As I understand it, my only recourse is to send the phone back after I get an OK from ZACT and receive return instructions and prepaid return packaging. If it is determined that the phone has not malfunctioned, I will be charged a $35 restocking fee. ZACT has the option to send either a new phone or refurbished phone. I paid full price for a new phone that only got used (very little) for just a few days over the 30 days. How would I know if I get a used phone in return? I don't think it would be right to send me a used phone.

I never received an owner's manual with the ZACT LG phone. I could not add contacts. This is a major inconvenience.

ZACT mentioned in their return policy that they would put an 'hold' on my payment option at some point in all this. I'm not sure when that will happen.

I have little hope I will be getting phone service anytime soon with ZACT. I am a disabled 68 yr old woman living on limited income (SS). I was thrilled when I thought I could save a lot of money compared to my old mobile provider. Now it looks like it was no bargain and I likely will be shopping for another provider. It won't be free to switch providers. I'm not a happy customer at this point.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    KKangas, are you able to call Zact (Monday-Friday, 8am - 8pm PST, Saturday 10am - 2pm PST, 1(855)341-4662 toll-free)? If so, can you have a Zact CSR trouble shoot with you, to make sure they won't try to say it ISN'T defective when they receive it back for warranty replacement? If you work with them, I'd like to think they'll help by either getting it working again, or by completing the warranty replacement under the 1-year warranty. Maybe you could even get them to mail you an owner's manual. Do you have any idea why an owner's manual wasn't included in the box with the phone, or if it was included on a CD in the box? Also, if you look up the model number with Google, it is likely that you'll find an online manual that you can read on your computer. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    I can't call because I don't have a phone. I'm not willing to ask to borrow a neighbor's phone (I do not know them well enough to impose). The box the phone came it had been opened. There was not manual and no CD inside. This is the second smart phone I have owned. My Samsung worked just fine.

At this point, I'm more concerned about the length of time I will be without a phone. I'm also having to consider finding another service which takes time and added expense that I can not afford.

I did not hear from ZACT customer service on Monday.

Feedback Score
    As with many products these days the owner's manual can be found online. You can find it either through the Zact support site or on the LG site. For your problem with the phone try calling them. Support is toll-free. If you don't feel comfortable asking a neighbor, ask to use a phone at your public library, local government office, or a business where you are a customer and know the owner.

There is a way to reset the phone but I believe it erases the Zact software so should not be done without their support.

Zact imported all my email contacts but there is no way to add phone numbers to those contacts. I had some trouble adding contacts until I discovered they need to be added to a gmail account.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KKangas View Post
    I can't call because I don't have a phone. I'm not willing to ask to borrow a neighbor's phone (I do not know them well enough to impose). The box the phone came it had been opened. There was not manual and no CD inside. This is the second smart phone I have owned. My Samsung worked just fine.

At this point, I'm more concerned about the length of time I will be without a phone. I'm also having to consider finding another service which takes time and added expense that I can not afford.

I did not hear from ZACT customer service on Monday.
    Do you have a gmail account? Get a Google number and use that to call them or make any other calls you may need. This is providing you have internet connection at home.

Feedback Score
    Nicraz: better tell her how to make the call from her computer without having a usable phone.

Feedback Score
    The Manual can be found on the zact web site:

support.zact.com/entries/23584733-LG-Optimus-Elite-Device-User-Manual

Have you tried removing the battery for a few minutes then replacing. Maybe this will do a reset the device. Its worth a try.

Feedback Score

Not Impressed so far

I've been a Zact user for about 2 weeks. I switched from Verizon. I had no issues with Verizon except for the cost. I usually use less that 100 minutes a month for voice calls but I was being charged for 500 minutes. This was there least expensive plan.

When I heard about Zact, I felt it was a perfect fit since it allowed me to pay for less minutes.

I ordered 2 LG optimus elite phones. They arrived with 3 days. The setup process was straight forward and my numbers were moved over with an hour. So far good.

After a week of testing the service, I discovered that sometimes my phone would not receive a call. I would get a recorded message stating the the number in not in service. Other times the phone would ring, but if I didn't answer, instead of going to voicemail it gave the not in service message. This happens about half the time. Not Good..

I tried calling the Zact support number and got a recording to leave a message. (which I decided not to)
    I then tried the Chat which i was informed that no one was available and that I should send a message and someone will get back to me.

I sent a message stating my problem. I got a call back 7 hrs later.
    The support person was nice but didn't really help with the problem. He suggested I monitor over the weekend and let him know if i'm still having the problem.
    I did some testing over the weekend and sent him the results. Calls from landlines and cell phones have the same intermittent issues, "Number not in service" message about half of the time.

I waited all day Monday for a response, but got none. I tried the chat that evening and got someone else who tried to help but was unsuccessful. She said that the call would be sent to engineering.

That was yesterday. As of now i haven't heard anything fro them and I still have the problem.

I afraid Zact is not ready for prime time. If they can't get the issue resolved I bailing...

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed60062 View Post
    Nicraz: better tell her how to make the call from her computer without having a usable phone.
    You can make calls with google from the computer... That's the whole point why I suggested it...

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nicraz View Post
    Do you have a gmail account? Get a Google number and use that to call them or make any other calls you may need. This is providing you have internet connection at home.
    How would this be done without a land line?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    The whole scenario in this thread makes me think that if a person has no land line, it might be wise to get a $5 or $10 backup flip phone using a DIFFERENT cell service provider than your primary provider to cover in the case of outages.

For example, if you can get a cheap unlocked GSM flip phone, you can order a free Lycamobile SIM card, with free shipping, as long as you add a $5 balance to it when you order it, and the balance never expires, as long as you use it to make one phone call ($0.02/min) every 120 days.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    How would this be done without a land line?
    You actually don't even need a Google number. If you don't have one yet, just login to Gmail and then to the left you should see the chat box along with a phone next to it. Click on that and you'll see this:

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 1118
Size:  15.6 KB

You'll just need to hook up headphones or a mic and speaker to be able to talk. I agree with your other post though, having a backup phone may be wise.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nicraz View Post
    You actually don't even need a Google number. If you don't have one yet, just login to Gmail and then to the left you should see the chat box along with a phone next to it. Click on that and you'll see this:

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 1118
Size:  15.6 KB

You'll just need to hook up headphones or a mic and speaker to be able to talk. I agree with your other post though, having a backup phone may be wise.
    Got it. Headphones with a mic might be another low-cost ($2-$3 on eBay) investment for additional voice connectivity with a desktop computer using Gmail. Or, I guess if it is a laptop, many may already have a built-in microphone to use with the laptop speakers.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast