Thread: Retore apps on Google play?

Feedback Score

Retore apps on Google play?

I recently got a replacement phone after the glass on my galaxy got busted. Ive signed in on the phone with google and thought all of my apps would sync.... Am I doing something wrong?

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Can't remember. That may be only for factory reset. I just bought a new phone, giving me two, signed in with same name but never saw prompt to restore. Take a look on a PC at your Google dashboard. All your apps are there and restoration, if any, would probably come from there. But I don't know how replacing a phone works. It may be self-explanatory there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Google restore doesn't always seem to work for some reason. I have had it work then not work for no apparent reason.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    The option to restore is located on the screen after you login during the original setup. It is not always there I have noticed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    iPhone Xs Max , At&t Unlimited Plus Austin, TX .................... Grande 1000/50, $69.99/month

Feedback Score
    This is still one of the weakest link of Android compare to Ios. This restore only works when it wants to. Very unpredictible. I was researching this last week again. It's been years and google still does not seem to care about this.
    I decided from now on I will use Titanium or Hellium to back up my apps and setting myself. Titanium needs root. But Hellium does not.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6, Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, this feature doesn't work that well. Fortunately the Play Store does track which apps are in your library for easy downloading....I didn't get my app data though, all my games started over when I downloaded them onto my Nexus 4.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I notice backup/restore on my phone refers to app data, not the apps themselves. That's why I suggested checking out the dashboard; I know a list is there.

Feedback Score
    Google Play never did and I will never backup app data, it only remembers the apps you installed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveanderson13 View Post
    I notice backup/restore on my phone refers to app data, not the apps themselves. That's why I suggested checking out the dashboard; I know a list is there.

Not 100% accurate, I had this set on my first SGS2 on Boost. Then sold it to my friend.
    Replaced the SGS2 with Nexus4. And when I put my Gmail acct in to the N4 the phone started downloading all my apps by itself.
    All the apps started out fresh, no info specific to the apps were saved from one phone to the other but nearly everyone of the apps I had on the SGS2 were reinstalled on to the N4 without my having to do anything other than put my gmail acct info in to the phone.
    Now, having said that, when I bought my replacement SGS2 so I could get back on to Boost, When I put my gmail acct in to the new phone, it did not do this and I had to download the apps manually from the My Downloads section of the PlayStore.

It may do what you said about app data but it does track the apps and reinstall them. Just as was mentioned, it does not work every time.

ST to IPhone http://goo.gl/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://goo.gl/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://goo.gl/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Feedback Score
    it would be more easy if Google allow users to save theirs app in their computer
    Last edited by luffy54; 07-17-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy54 View Post
    it would be more easy if Google allow users to save theirs app in their computer
    = Fraud = stealing

also they control updates they can not update apps out of their control

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mellyw View Post
    I recently got a replacement phone after the glass on my galaxy got busted. Ive signed in on the phone with google and thought all of my apps would sync.... Am I doing something wrong?
    Generally this happens only if you had Auto-sync turned on in settings. Some earlier versions of Android didn't have it so it might not have been on the phone or. It might not have been turned on.
    Also if you have more than one acct on the phone it might mess things up. Don't know.
    We do know for sure, even with auto sync on, it does not work every time.

There are two apps in the play store that back up your phone. One was titanium back up which I think required root.
    And another but I can remember what it was.