View Poll Results: What plan/carrier are you using?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • AT&T GoPhone

13 68.42%
  • Straight Talk

2 10.53%
  • Net10/RedPocket/H20 (comments)

1 5.26%
  • AIO Wireless

3 15.79%
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: AIO Wireless - My Review

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (AIO Wireless)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by McBrundlefly View Post
    The store locator on the AIO site shows a location up in Woodstock on 92. Maybe it just opened?
    they should do really well- it wasn't open two weeks ago. Regardless of all the bashing, my experience so far is great as a customer. Never had any problems with my unlocked Iphone 4. Never dropped any calls, and two weeks in and I am pretty confident that AIO may replace my postpaid Verizon lines.

Hopefully they will open up some stores in Cobb, Douglas, and North Fulton- they have MUCH better signals in many areas than the PCS providers do. And there are alot of people who don't want contracts. I know alot of people in the public safety business that would much rather have a prepaid phone they can afford. Many agencies (both government and private sector) are doing away with issued phones, to cut costs- and since most of us aren't exactly millionaires we have to save money wherever we can.

this is gonna come in handy as my Dad just hosed his Verizon Gusto 2 by getting it wet. Unlike VZW with AIO you can use pretty much any AT&T branded phone (which I have a box of) and especially "dumb" phones, it will be great for him. I have a few ruggedized Samsungs lying around, and if he tears them up, no big deal so long as he doesn't hose the SIM card.

Still gonna come out cheaper than VZW. Coverage is as good if not better and their data is certainly faster than VZW 3G/EVDO, but a far cry from 4G. But when I see what VZW wants to stick it to me for to get unlimited talk/text and 1G of data, it's absurd.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    maybe someone that has Aio can test something for me since i know they don't have short codes. But can anyone test and let me know if Whats app works with Aio with a symbian or any other platform

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ivaz View Post
    it is no secret that AIO panders to minorities. Go look at their community blog and events page and you will see they sponsor lots of minority events. I've studied where they are opening new locations and all overlay perfectly with the latest census maps that show high minority growth. It is actually quite insulting if you think about it. They are basically saying minorities aren't good enough for regular ATT service so here are these stores with a latin based name ("aye-o") that you can go to. It reminds me of those '90s Mcdonalds commercials that pandered to black people and the recent ones that pander to Hispanics.
    How is it insulting ??? I pay $55 for 2 GH LTE internet and unlinited throttled but decent net after 2 GH is done .. Which is almost 40$ LESS than what "regular" ATT charges and it's more than likely the SAME service as they would get but without a contract . Prepaid is awesome and the only people who don't like to use it are idiots who get all their info from in store reps

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    How is it insulting ??? I pay $55 for 2 GH LTE internet and unlinited throttled but decent net after 2 GH is done .. Which is almost 40$ LESS than what "regular" ATT charges and it's more than likely the SAME service as they would get but without a contract . Prepaid is awesome and the only people who don't like to use it are idiots who get all their info from in store reps

Sent with the HoFo App
    What are your experiences with aio LTE? Do you consistently get the advertised 8 up/down? And is the high ping noticeable when using the Internet?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well I'm not a huge speed test fan BC or used a lot of data but , yes the few times I did try I was getting 8 and the service was fine , same as GP, AV etc . The only reason I'm not with them is because I got a good deal on gophone refills and I don't use over 2 GB

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vtrossi View Post
    What are your experiences with aio LTE? Do you consistently get the advertised 8 up/down? And is the high ping noticeable when using the Internet?
    the thing is that is a max.doesnt mean that you will get that number at all times or even once.there are too many variables.

Feedback Score
    In my short time here on Howardforums, the couple uber-vocal AIO/GoPhone haters stick out like sore thumbs to me; they thread crap as much as possible. They must have personal, vested interests in the cult of Straight Talk.

Quote Originally Posted by poison7fl View Post
    Yeah, because you bashing AIO in every post you make is so much classier...
    Last edited by YabbaDabaDoo; 08-25-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Cricket)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post

Sent with the HoFo App
    ivaz is a troll... stop feeding the troll

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    don't mean to be bother some but i need to finde out if the app Whatsapp will work on Aio network cuz i use it for work often as its quicker than texting and able to send sound files back and forth

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Doesn't whatsapp just use data?

Sent from a device on a network.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Doesn't whatsapp just use data?

Data and only data.

Sent from a device on a network.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yeah but it sends a message to verify activation and i don't know it will work cuz i heard Aio doesn't support short code

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vtrossi View Post
    this poster made an AIO video doing speedtest.

i'm with 60$ GoPhone and speedtested from my location, consistent 40-50MBPS

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...4#post15167754

Feedback Score
    How's customer service with AIO?

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony7a View Post
    Yeah but it sends a message to verify activation and i don't know it will work cuz i heard Aio doesn't support short code
    Since no one has addressed your query, I'll chime in. Whstsapp appears to work on Aio. I don't use the app, but to help you out, I downloaded it on my device and created an account. It verified my number then listed the 2 people in my contacts list who were in their system. I hope this helps.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast