View Poll Results: What plan/carrier are you using?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • AT&T GoPhone

13 68.42%
  • Straight Talk

2 10.53%
  • Net10/RedPocket/H20 (comments)

1 5.26%
  • AIO Wireless

3 15.79%
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: AIO Wireless - My Review

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Cricket)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn744 View Post
    lol yesss i know but i'm saying technically you can't order a sim to be shipped to NYC but if i already have a sim i should be able to activate it regardless of where i am.. right

Sent with the HoFo App
    Yes, if you are activating it within their current roll out area. Some folks are being allowed to activate outside the initial areas, so you might be able to.

Feedback Score
    whoops..apparently you need the order number and mobile number to activate..having the sim does nothing...its only a sim not an activation kit...sorrai.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I always take that with a grain of salt after dealing with ST for a year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by poison7fl View Post
    Shouldn't need roaming with AT&T or AIO... Roaming is for the smaller networks with not as many towers, like T-Mobile.
    Umm.. My husband has postpaid AT&T and I have GoPhone. We travel quite a bit. We've been in places where he has service and I don't. (So the answer to the original question is no, AIO doesn't have roaming?)

Device(s)
    Pixel 2XL, iPhone X, iPad Pro, Samsung S9, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Shouldn't need roaming with AT&T or AIO... Roaming is for the smaller networks with not as many towers, like T-Mobile.
    Really?? Come to NE and see what you think. ATT needs quite a bit of roaming yet

Sent from my GT-I9505G

Feedback Score
    I remember there was some discussion around the crime rates where the AIO stores are located. Here's some news about an AIO store being robbed at gunpoint
    (Sorry, my post count is too low to post a link)

"The Conroe Police Department is investigating an armed robbery at a wireless store Monday where four individuals escaped with several cell phones and an undisclosed amount of money.

The incident is the third of its kind in south Montgomery County in just over a month.

According to Conroe Police Sgt. Dorcy Riddle, four black females wearing masks entered the AIO Wireless store, which is a subsidiary of AT&T, on Texas 242 around 4:40 p.m. Monday and demanded the items. Riddle said at least one of the women had a handgun. She added no one was injured and the women fled in an unknown direction.

Riddle said officials are still reviewing the surveillance video

The first robbery happened July 31 at the AT&T store, located at 19075 Interstate 45, in Shenandoah. According to Shenandoah police officials, four men ran into the store and ambushed the employees and several customers, screaming at them while holding handguns.

One of the robbers forced several of the employees and the customers into a break room at gunpoint, according to the release. The other three robbers used their guns to force the manager of the store to open a safe where cell phone products were stored.

After stealing an undetermined number of cell phones, all of the robbers fled the store. No arrests have been made in that robbery.

The second robbery happened Aug. 18 at the AT&T store, located at 2211 Rayford Road. According to the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, Adrian Thedford, 22, Leonard Bledsoe, 24, Lance Dobbins, 35, and Gregory Portis, 22 were all arrested after allegedly leading law enforcement on a high speed chase after they allegedly robbed the AT&T store at gunpoint.

Brian Carlisle, assistant chief of the Shenandoah Police Department, said after talking with officials with the MCSO it was determined the two robberies were not related and the incident at the Shenandoah store is still under investigation."

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    now everyone will have to be on the watch for stolen aio phones and sim cards being sold on ebay and craigs list.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Cricket)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DoodleJinx View Post
    I remember there was some discussion around the crime rates where the AIO stores are located. Here's some news about an AIO store being robbed at gunpoint
    (Sorry, my post count is too low to post a link)

"The Conroe Police Department is investigating an armed robbery at a wireless store Monday where four individuals escaped with several cell phones and an undisclosed amount of money.

The incident is the third of its kind in south Montgomery County in just over a month.

According to Conroe Police Sgt. Dorcy Riddle, four black females wearing masks entered the AIO Wireless store, which is a subsidiary of AT&T, on Texas 242 around 4:40 p.m. Monday and demanded the items. Riddle said at least one of the women had a handgun. She added no one was injured and the women fled in an unknown direction.

Riddle said officials are still reviewing the surveillance video

The first robbery happened July 31 at the AT&T store, located at 19075 Interstate 45, in Shenandoah. According to Shenandoah police officials, four men ran into the store and ambushed the employees and several customers, screaming at them while holding handguns.

One of the robbers forced several of the employees and the customers into a break room at gunpoint, according to the release. The other three robbers used their guns to force the manager of the store to open a safe where cell phone products were stored.

After stealing an undetermined number of cell phones, all of the robbers fled the store. No arrests have been made in that robbery.

The second robbery happened Aug. 18 at the AT&T store, located at 2211 Rayford Road. According to the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, Adrian Thedford, 22, Leonard Bledsoe, 24, Lance Dobbins, 35, and Gregory Portis, 22 were all arrested after allegedly leading law enforcement on a high speed chase after they allegedly robbed the AT&T store at gunpoint.

Brian Carlisle, assistant chief of the Shenandoah Police Department, said after talking with officials with the MCSO it was determined the two robberies were not related and the incident at the Shenandoah store is still under investigation."
    And?

Crime happens all over... AIO has a couple stores near me, in a low crime, higher income, suburb.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Is tethering allowed on AIO? I've read at least 1 post on another forum where its claimed tethering works but a tweet to the AIO account was answered in the negative. Thanks.
    The Last Nokia Fanboy

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Cricket)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efjay View Post
    Is tethering allowed on AIO? I've read at least 1 post on another forum where its claimed tethering works but a tweet to the AIO account was answered in the negative. Thanks.
    No it is not allowed... However, you can do it until you get caught.

Feedback Score
    Yes tethering works, but it may violate the TOS. I'm guessing they won't come down on us unless we're way over our data allotment. But I could be proven wrong...

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    No it is not allowed... However, you can do it until you get caught.
    Any idea if they terminate you for tethering? I only need it occasionally for light tasks I can't do on my work network so nothing heavy.

Feedback Score
    It's anybody's guess as to how strictly Aio will monitor data usage. All I can say is that we haven't been admonished in the 3 months we've been using the service. I don't abuse tethering, but I use it several times a week.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprke81 View Post
    Really?? Come to NE and see what you think. ATT needs quite a bit of roaming yet

Sent from my GT-I9505G
    I've been on CDMA carriers (Sprint/Verizon) for many years and want to switch to a GSM network. I really like the idea of AIO, but I travel to central Nebraska quite a bit. Does anyone know of any 'pay as you go' pre-paid GSM plans that would work while in Nebraska or some other way to have some sort of coverage there while using a plan like AIO for everywhere else? The state looks like a giant hole outside of Omaha and Lincoln on the coverage maps.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2XL, iPhone X, iPad Pro, Samsung S9, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The only one I can say for sure is a straight talk ATT SIM, I know that will use Viaero Wireless network for voice and text only

Sent from my GT-I9505G

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast