View Poll Results: What plan/carrier are you using?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • AT&T GoPhone

13 68.42%
  • Straight Talk

2 10.53%
  • Net10/RedPocket/H20 (comments)

1 5.26%
  • AIO Wireless

3 15.79%
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: AIO Wireless - My Review

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yeah Thanks for the help i think I'll give them a try next month by the way how was the wait on that 1.5 gb file?

Carrier(s)
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony7a View Post
    Yeah Thanks for the help i think I'll give them a try next month by the way how was the wait on that 1.5 gb file?
    Not to terrible. It was a while ago. I want to think it was close to a half an hour (might a been more... LTE is often overloaded here already)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using HoFo mobile app
    Unlimited**

**please see terms and conditions for limits on our unlimited plans

Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    I punched in a random zip code from an area where they have service, put in my shipping address in SC and I have the SIM in my hands, came via UPS. Will use them for a month, but unless they allow all ports by then... it will have to go. At least I will know how well GoPhone works in my area.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M. L. View Post
    I punched in a random zip code from an area where they have service, put in my shipping address in SC and I have the SIM in my hands, came via UPS. Will use them for a month, but unless they allow all ports by then... it will have to go. At least I will know how well GoPhone works in my area.
    That's the only issue I have right now. I was able to use my own zip code and order a SIM, and the service is outstanding, other than not being able to actually use my phone number on it.

I am thinking about trying to call an out of state store and see if they will port my number for me if I somehow get the $25 fee to them.

Sent from a device on a network.

Device(s)
    SE C905a
    Feedback Score
    I'm coming from at&t and i was hoping someone could help a little. My Nokia 808 got flagged So i need to purchase a data plan which isn't bad but Hate to spend the extra specially when i use slightly over 2 gb of internet a month and a Aio store just opened up in my location about two days ago So I'm wondering if you guys think it would be worth giving them a try? Keep in mind at&t is the only service that works in my area also is voice and messaging the same as on at&t? And as far as data speeds on the gophone plan i average around 2 to 5 mb down So i don't think the speed would be to bad for me. Just trying to get some advice before i have to renew my service.
    I am also currently on AT&T with an 808.. but the question I have is that I frequently turn off 3G (and switch to 2g) on my 808 to save battery life. Will a 2g connection even work on AIO?

And shouldn't I be able to buy the $40 package to use with my 808?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boooey View Post
    I am also currently on AT&T with an 808.. but the question I have is that I frequently turn off 3G (and switch to 2g) on my 808 to save battery life. Will a 2g connection even work on AIO?

And shouldn't I be able to buy the $40 package to use with my 808?
    The 2g will work. Yes you can use the $40 plan. I'm using it on my htc one. Mind you will get slowed to edge after 250mb. Still very useable.

From the desk of Hiss Excellency.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i have a question for both of Ya'll first @boooey was your 808 flaged or am i the only one? And @ aokusman isn't the speed they throttle you too a bit faster than edge?

Device(s)
    SE C905a
    Feedback Score
    i have a question for both of Ya'll first @boooey was your 808 flaged or am i the only one? And @ aokusman isn't the speed they throttle you too a bit faster than edge?
    it was weird.. my 808 was using the old "non smartphone" data plan, and it was working fine... but for gophone data didnt work until i switched to a smartphone plan..

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    same problem i was using it since it came out used my old phone for a few days then when i went back to it i needed a data package for it.. I'm assuming its cuz the new 1020 is out and Nokia is trying to push everyone to that phone by giving att the imei of the 808

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 plus, Google Nexus 6p, Blackberry Passport
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile, Google Fi, Vivo Brasil
    Feedback Score

AIO works with Blackberry Z10

Quote Originally Posted by M. L. View Post
    I punched in a random zip code from an area where they have service...
    I did pretty much the same thing and had no problem getting an Aio SIM shipped to me in AZ. I was mostly curious to see if the service would work out of the box with data on my unlocked T-mobile Blackberry Z10. Sure enough, the phone read the SIM and re-branded itself as AT&T. (The new Blackberrys have carrier personalization baked into the OS and the user interface will re-skin itself to that carrier's color scheme based on the installed SIM.)

The phone had no problem attaching to AT&T LTE using the Aio SIM. I called their customer service and was told the following:

The service will be offered nationwide before the end of the year.
    The customer service rep had no ability to initiate any kind of number port - you have to go to a store in Texas or Florida to make that happen at this time.
    The customer service rep said that the website would be enhanced before the end of the year to allow a user to initiate a number port.

The central Florida phone number that the phone has really isn't an obstacle. Mom has decided she wants a Blackberry Q10 as her first smartphone and she spends half the year in Florida. I'll be sending her a package this weekend with my loaned Z10 and Aio SIM so she can see how coverage is in her home state - she lives in a valley where most carriers have bad coverage. But if the AT&T coverage (and she thinks she has neighbors on AT&T) is OK, she'll possibly go with that. $40 per month for unlimited* talk and text and the limited data included will probably be enough.

*yeah, I'm sure there are limits, but hopefully she won't hit 'em

Then our next challenge will be paying cash-on-the-barrelhead for a brand-new AT&T Q10 (model SQN100-1) without an activation. Just gotta have enough signal for the phone to ring in her house...

There was one other oddity. The phone did not accept (perhaps did not receive) Aio's APN update. I know that the default AIO APN is not 'phone', like the phone APN configuration shows. Yet data works just fine, and Aio customer support said everything looked fine on their end. The new Blackberries have a massive design flaw - they will allow the SIM to lock the user out of editing the APN. AT&T issued SIM's do this by default. Fingers crossed that the 'phone' APN continues to work going forward on Aio.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    My auto APN configuration set everything up as AT&T over here. APN name even says "AT&T Internet".

I have Sony Xperia TL, unbranded, it while it locked me out of network selection, it still kes me edit the APN.

Device(s)
    SE C905a
    Feedback Score
    @Anthony7a
    Yea, looks like they finally added the 808 to the smartphone list, but unless to switch sims it doesn;t seem to take effect. Oh well.. it was fun getting unlimited data while it lasted i guess.. I was using the N8 and 808 for several years now on that old non smartphone data plan.

On another note.. I would walk into AIO right now to buy the Lumia 620 if I could use the $40 plan with it.
    But $55 is not such a great deal really. I would just rather get the Lumia 521 on MetroPCS for $40 unlimited..

Right now you can't even call one of the local AIO stores by me, there are no local numbers, and online support says they don't even have them. Thats crazy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boooey View Post
    @Anthony7a
    Yea, looks like they finally added the 808 to the smartphone list, but unless to switch sims it doesn;t seem to take effect. Oh well.. it was fun getting unlimited data while it lasted i guess.. I was using the N8 and 808 for several years now on that old non smartphone data plan.

On another note.. I would walk into AIO right now to buy the Lumia 620 if I could use the $40 plan with it.
    But $55 is not such a great deal really. I would just rather get the Lumia 521 on MetroPCS for $40 unlimited..

Right now you can't even call one of the local AIO stores by me, there are no local numbers, and online support says they don't even have them. Thats crazy
    55 is still a great deal for att like service.

From the desk of Hiss Excellency.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I spoke to an AIO representative last night on the phone, and she told me that by mid-September, number porting will be available online nationwide which is nice. I'm in the Chicagoland area and am able to purchase a sim online as of last week. Maybe they're expanding their areas?

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    @boooey Yeah i still have my N8 broken usb port but i wouldn't want to part with it So its still a back up phone and 55 rly isn't a bad price considering Att has better coverage in many areas to where to tmobile doesn't work anywhere near where i live. The only thing I'm curious about how close the data speed (3.5G) Well be compared to Att and I'm hoping they Add number posting online soon the store is on the other side of town for me..

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast