Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is It Worth Switching To Mobilicity?

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    last time i was in vanc, reception seemed fine. except that you lose signal 100% when you go into the subway system underground.
    Managed to get Mobilicity to act and improve on 4 items.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by quickinferno View Post
    last time i was in vanc, reception seemed fine. except that you lose signal 100% when you go into the subway system underground.
    Subway? Vancouver has an above ground light rail system (known as the Skytrain)
    Where did you see an underground transit system???
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Feedback Score
    he means the canada line and expo lines where it goes underground. Yeah you do lose signal when you go under. the big 3 most likely has repeaters inside the canada line. I am able to connect to rogers 2g and my old fido phone was able to connect to the network in that area.

To answer the op. it's only worth switching if you're aiming for a plan to grandfather in otherwise go with wind. Lot better coverage.

Carrier(s)
    Wind is blowing me away!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    Subway? Vancouver has an above ground light rail system (known as the Skytrain)
    Where did you see an underground transit system???
    it goes underground in several locations like Cambie Street and Downtown.
    "Studies show that 60% of the time, it works every time."
    Wind $30/Month UNLIMITED plan

Device(s)
    Samsung Focus S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I hear you about the SkyTrain underground, but I very rarely go on them. Shouldn't Mobilicity get roaming in there though?

I've ordered an unlocked Lumia 521 from the states, so I'll be buying a Sim in a week or do and do a 14 day trial or however long I get. I have a Lumia 520 as well so I'll be able to compare the signal reception between both of them and the phones should be pretty close to identical so the main difference would be the signals.
    6 Year Client, Plan Negotiated October 2011:
    +$35 - Unlimited Voice 35 (Unlimited local calling)
    +$30 - Promo 6GB Data Add-on
    +$15 - Corporate National Calling 15 (Unlimited North American long distance)
    +Free- Package 15 (Caller ID, Unlimited text & picture messaging, Voicemail 10)
    = $80

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BfA View Post
    I've ordered an unlocked Lumia 521 from the states, so I'll be buying a Sim in a week or do and do a 14 day trial or however long I get. I have a Lumia 520 as well so I'll be able to compare the signal reception between both of them and the phones should be pretty close to identical so the main difference would be the signals.
    How'd it go with the 521? That's the RM-917 AWS-compatible version from T-Mobile, right?

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    OP i will join the nay sayers but will explain, i have gone that route though with Wind and after two years of really trying, left and paid $900- worth of tabs to get out and i haven't looked back since!
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    OP i will join the nay sayers but will explain, i have gone that route though with Wind and after two years of really trying, left and paid $900- worth of tabs to get out and i haven't looked back since!
    Do not look back. You would be kicking yourself as you would have saved a bundle in 2 years LOL. Wind tab sucks. But its plans are great particularly for people in the cities.
    Mobilicity will still be around for a while. The court procedure started in May 2013 and looks like it will go on for a long while.
    Get phone elsewhere. And in case the carrier shop is closed, it will be easy to get another line within 30 minutes in most locations in the cities.

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BfA View Post
    How smart is it to join Mobi now?
    If you do join, try spending the least amount possible, such as paying per month instead of multi-month. Back in mid-2012 when Mobilicity said "we're getting 4G" and "we're expanding", they vowed to add several Ottawa neighbourhoods as "future expansion": Orléans, Cumberland and Barrhaven. It's now two years later and these areas remain unserved. Also, their "4G" (faux G) doesn't exceed 5 Mbit/s during my tests. i'm waiting to see what happens to Mobilicity by the end of the year. Until i hear good news from them, my line with them remains dormant.
    LABcrab
    Free TV! youtu.be/CnbicDLObNQ Also, helping out with TV Rogers shows!
    WIND: $10 Clever / $10 Surf A Little (switched) / $25 Province
    WINDows apps (for any carrier): BarlowGirlBrittany HargestZOEgirlsee more…
    SpeedTest: 19915748 (Wind) and 15864082 (Fido)!

Carrier(s)
    Videotron
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LABcrab View Post
    If you do join, try spending the least amount possible, such as paying per month instead of multi-month. Back in mid-2012 when Mobilicity said "we're getting 4G" and "we're expanding", they vowed to add several Ottawa neighbourhoods as "future expansion": Orléans, Cumberland and Barrhaven. It's now two years later and these areas remain unserved. Also, their "4G" (faux G) doesn't exceed 5 Mbit/s during my tests. i'm waiting to see what happens to Mobilicity by the end of the year. Until i hear good news from them, my line with them remains dormant.
    I hear your frustration. I was with Mobilicity from their Ottawa launch in November 2010 to June 2012. I was told numerous times that coverage in the downtown area would improve but it never did. Even to this day, Mobilicity has only 2 towers serving the entire downtown area!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=dtong22;15505414]Do not look back. You would be kicking yourself as you would have saved a bundle in 2 years LOL. /QUOTE]

Savings? i have saved in the last 1.5 years, i have saved my nerves, people hearing me cuss my phone, and numerous hours of phone calls to Wind for help which never arrived! Plus how would i have saved? I am paying $45- a month for unltd nationwide calling,worldwide texting,voicemail,caller id, and 6Gb of Data!
    Last edited by ijcy; 08-06-2014 at 12:38 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    Savings? i have saved in the last 1.5 years, i have saved my nerves, people hearing me cuss my phone, and numerous hours of phone calls to Wind for help which never arrived! Plus how would i have saved? I am paying $45- a month for unltd nationwide calling,worldwide texting,voicemail,caller id, and 6Gb of Data!
    Hmm ...May I know if average people can get the plan you have got? Can you elaborate? There are a lot of corporate plans or deals that some people can gloat.
    But we are talking about general case not specific example (like yours as claimed) which is generally not available.
    My comment only referred to the general rate of Wind compared with those of the big 3

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtong22 View Post
    My comment only referred to the general rate of Wind compared with those of the big 3
    So you compared price of Wind against big3 when this entire thread is about cost savings of switching Wind TO Mobilicity
    As always your postings are spot on lol

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dtong22 View Post
    Hmm ...May I know if average people can get the plan you have got? Can you elaborate? There are a lot of corporate plans or deals that some people can gloat.
    But we are talking about general case not specific example (like yours as claimed) which is generally not available.
    kav2001c is correct as always, and re my plan you are right it can no longer be had. But i never claimed it could, i just answered your claim of not to look back so i can see the savings. Btu while we are on the subject a similar plan with 5GB's can be had for $49.50- BYOD by anyone who wants it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    So you compared price of Wind against big3 when [B]this entire thread is about cost savings of switching Wind TO Mobilicity
    As always your postings are spot on lol
    Are you sure what you wrote?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast