Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Thread: RingPlus Brings Free Ad Supported Service

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfoneguy View Post
    Did you go to "change payment method" and check the card you just added? Log on - click on account - on the left find and click on "change payment method" and double check to see if the card you added is checked off.
    Thanks. That worked.
    Although I am quite sure that option wasn't there before.
    Maybe a case of "Eyes don't see what mind doesn't know".............

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5, Nexus 5X , Jelly Pro
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM, FreedomPop, AT&T, Tracfone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you didn't have your free plan canceled the first time, all the rest of them will be gone next month. I got this email from R+ today:

Dear Free Member,

After over a year of offering Free Plans, RingPlus has learned a great deal about how to give away free service to our members. We’re excited about doing it again in the future, but for the moment, the Free Plans are going to be discontinued — any Free Plan will not be able to be renewed after September 20th, 2014. For example, if your plan auto renews before or on September 19th, you will have the remainder of your billing cycle of service. If your plan is set to auto renew on or after September 20th, 2014, your Free Plan will be changed to suspend status for 30 days until 1AM PST October 20th, 2014, giving you the chance to port out your number if desired. All Free Plans will be discontinued at 1AM PST October 20th, 2014.

RingPlus continues to offer the most price conscious plans in our industry, including new unlimited plans for under $10. Because you have been a wonderful member of the community, we’re offering a unique opportunity to all Free Plan members receiving this letter: switch to any new RingPlus plan before your Free Plan expires and receive a top up balance equal to that of the new plan price (tax not included).

We are also very aware that some of our members may be going through a hard financial time. If you are in one of those times, please send us a email to [email protected] and we will see what we can do as far as an extension, as well as to recommending you to one of our new partners that can offer government subsidized phone plans.

If you wish to change carriers and port out your current number, please be aware that we will deactivate any phone numbers left on the Free Plans after 1AM PST October 20th, 2014.

The RingPlus team thanks you for trying our service via the Free Plans, and looks forwarding to continuing service with you.

Most sincerely,

The RingPlus Team

Device(s)
    Motorola Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I got the free house email. Seems some people will continue with a free plan while others are dropped.
    T-Mobile $30 Unlimited web and text with 100 minutes talk
    RingPlus Hip Hop 1 Plan
    Truphone Pay As You Go

Carrier(s)
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Dear Free Member,
    After over a year of offering Free Plans, RingPlus has learned a great deal about how to give away free service to our members. We’re excited about doing it again in the future, but for the moment, the Free Plans are going to be discontinued — any Free Plan will not be able to be renewed after September 20th, 2014.
    However! We notice that you have been actively using and promoting RingPlus among your friends and we would like to thank you for your trust and efforts. RingPlus is happy to let you know that we are planning to change your free plan to a free house account plan at no cost. All of your existing minute, megabyte, and text allotments will stay the same and there won’t be any changes on your side. With this change, we’ll ensure that your free service will continue with your new house account.
    We just wanted to say thanks again for being a member of RingPlus and we’re excited to keep having you aboard! We regret not being able to extend this offer to all Free Plan members.
    Most sincerely,
    The RingPlus Team

I must be "speshul", for some reason. I have no idea why or what this really means....probably one more month
    Enjoy Lycamobile...the Ryanair of mobile phone service providers
    Air , Water , Fire....LYCA

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rs899 View Post

I must be "speshul", for some reason. I have no idea why or what this really means....probably one more month
    It does seem some are getting the "House Plan" and others like me are getting cut off. I hardly use it anyway and I have a Kate Plan on the phone I do use. So it's all good for me.

http://discourse.ringplus.net/t/plea...ur-part/2611/4
    Last edited by agalvan; 09-18-2014 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Link to R+ thread

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (iphone 4: Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/7.6.35766/35.4491; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

it was good while it lasted. Ringplus is still worth the money and couldn't imagine going somewhere else. thank you Ringplus
    Last edited by prepaidmasterz; 09-18-2014 at 01:07 PM.

Feedback Score
    I didn't get any email from Ringplus.
    Does that mean I am extra-speshul or extra-unspeshul ?

I am on Kate Plan since the free plan was discontinued months ago.
    Wasn't aware that they still had free plan.
    What am I missing here?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakuniMama View Post
    I didn't get any email from Ringplus.
    Does that mean I am extra-speshul or extra-unspeshul ?

I am on Kate Plan since the free plan was discontinued months ago.
    Wasn't aware that they still had free plan.
    What am I missing here?
    Some still had the free plan as not all of the phones were deactivated. All of the remaining BYOD free plans will be all deactivated after 9/20 when the plan month is up (up to 10/20). Some are being moved to a free "house" plan. Since you are on the Kate plan and pay for service, you would not have received this.

Device(s)
    At&t Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    At&t GoPhone LTE Network
    Feedback Score
    I got the free house plan email to. That's good. 👍

Carrier(s)
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    ^^ I think the handwriting is on the wall, though, regarding all the free plans. Better explore your options because you know you will only get 2 days to decide something the way R+ likes to work.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39