Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: RingPlus Brings Free Ad Supported Service

Carrier(s)
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    What a coincidence...I just got 3 working Sprint phones from ebay to try ( 2 EVO 3Ds and a Mot Photon 4G)
    Enjoy Lycamobile...the Ryanair of mobile phone service providers
    Air , Water , Fire....LYCA

Device(s)
    At&t Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    At&t GoPhone LTE Network
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan Edogawa View Post
    Next promo is March 28, 2014 from 12:00 to 12:30 PM Pacific. 200 voice minutes, 500 domestic or international texts and 10 MB of data. 2013 plan users can switch to this 2014 plan by emailing RingPlus before 10:00 PM Pacific on March 27, 2014.
    I got a feature phone sitting on my desk waiting for this promotion.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Hey guys!

I recently found out about RingPlus and the free promo they will have March 28th.
    I wanted to try them out so I got a used Sprint labeled plum colored HTC Evo 3D from a ebay seller with good feedback.
    It arrived today and although the smartphone is labeled Sprint, upon bootup it appears to be on Virgin Mobile!! The phone appears not to be rooted or unlocked. The eBay seller said the smartphone is for Sprint!
    I know one of the rules from RingPlus is no VM phones but I checked the ESN via Ringplus website and it stated it's clean and ready for activation on RingPlus. I don't know if i should just risk it or return it and miss the promo?!
    Anyone here using a VM phone on Ringplus for more than 2 months?
    Also is there a way I can check to see if the ESN belongs to Sprint of VM originally??

Thanks for the help.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keyz16b View Post
    Hey guys!

I recently found out about RingPlus and the free promo they will have March 28th.
    I wanted to try them out so I got a used Sprint labeled plum colored HTC Evo 3D from a ebay seller with good feedback.
    It arrived today and although the smartphone is labeled Sprint, upon bootup it appears to be on Virgin Mobile!! The phone appears not to be rooted or unlocked. The eBay seller said the smartphone is for Sprint!
    I know one of the rules from RingPlus is no VM phones but I checked the ESN via Ringplus website and it stated it's clean and ready for activation on RingPlus. I don't know if i should just risk it or return it and miss the promo?!
    Anyone here using a VM phone on Ringplus for more than 2 months?
    Also is there a way I can check to see if the ESN belongs to Sprint of VM originally??

Thanks for the help.
    Return it don't even risk it. I believe that it will probably allow you to input the ESN but I don't think it will provision correctly once you turn it on. At least that was the experience when I swapped to my VM LG optimus V a month ago while I attempted to port to redpocket. The evo 3d didn't do so well so they took sprint evo 3ds and flashed them to virgin mobile so maybe the seller just saw the sprint logo and assumed it was a sprint phone especially if its a seller that handles tons of phones. However its still the sellers fault for not checking IMO so he should give you a full refund with shipping included.

Feedback Score
    @Sweeped. Thanks for the recommendation. I am leaning towards returning it because I don't want to deal with any issues that might result. Looks like I'm going to miss the March 28th promo :-(

Carrier(s)
    Cricket x 10 lines
    Feedback Score
    you can pretend you are going to activate on virgin and see if it kicks back the esn as invalid, might just have vm rom for some reason

Carrier(s)
    Ting - R+ - Lyca - BYO - Selectel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keyz16b View Post
    @Sweeped. Thanks for the recommendation. I am leaning towards returning it because I don't want to deal with any issues that might result. Looks like I'm going to miss the March 28th promo :-(
    Many different scenarios to come up with, but like I posted on the other thread, you can use that device as place holder until you get a replacement device. Best to try and work with the seller if you can.
    I would return it like you say, but trust me when I say you can use a VM EVO V 4G 3D on RingPlus with everything working, . You are just risking them eventually finding it and you losing the account.

Feedback Score
    registration open now for the next 26 minutes....

Feedback Score
    I was able to activate on my old vm optmus elite, text voice working fine but getting annoying error 67 pop up and no data. Any one knows how to fix this issue, or how to update profile? Searched but found that many had same issue, but no solution.....

Carrier(s)
    Cricket x 10 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nanga View Post
    I was able to activate on my old vm optmus elite, text voice working fine but getting annoying error 67 pop up and no data. Any one knows how to fix this issue, or how to update profile? Searched but found that many had same issue, but no solution.....
    virgin uses different proxy than sprint so dont think you will be able to get it to work unless maybe you change settings to sprint using dfs or similar program and then will be 1x only as it doesn't have sprint ota app to give it the 3gkeys. If you its possible to flash a sprint rom on to that phone would prob work as it could update ota but idk if thats possible

Carrier(s)
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    I tried to activate an EVO 3D on the free 2014 at work on an old version of IE. Though I selected the correct plan, when I went to the next screen I saw that it had defaulted to the $15 International Plan. I sent a support ticket in last evening to try to change it. We'll see what they say.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haydeno View Post
    virgin uses different proxy than sprint so dont think you will be able to get it to work unless maybe you change settings to sprint using dfs or similar program and then will be 1x only as it doesn't have sprint ota app to give it the 3gkeys. If you its possible to flash a sprint rom on to that phone would prob work as it could update ota but idk if thats possible
    Thanks. any workaround to stop popup? Don't care about data. I turned off mobile data, but that did not stop popup for some reason....

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if you can text (and receive msgs from) 5 or 6 digit numbers?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ablang View Post
    Does anyone know if you can text (and receive msgs from) 5 or 6 digit numbers?
    5 digits yes so i assume six digit too

Carrier(s)
    Ting - R+ - Lyca - BYO - Selectel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nanga View Post
    Did you dial ##virgin# and enter the MSL - hit edit - then enter in your MDN and MSID? So on the VM OP Elite you can't go to settings - about phone and scroll to the bottom to update Profile and PRL?
    Last edited by pfoneguy; 03-30-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast