Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bought so Late in the Game

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play, Moto Z2 Force, Blackberry Z10
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    USSD Balance is also a very good app. It can help to monitor how many messages, dollars, minutes, N/W minutes, data you have left. Anything that you had to dial a USSD Short code for can now be automated. I love how it integrates with billboard

Feedback Score
    The other thing was I couldn't sync my google calendar using Caldav. It would keep giving error that storage was full, yet I know I have 64 gigs available...

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    MyMoves is another good as well as FM Radio which allows you to record the songs you are listening to

Feedback Score

Re: Bought so Late in the Game

Quote Originally Posted by ROKstrr View Post
    looks somewhat similar, N9 is the last great Symbian phone, Lumia 800 is a mid-level WinPhone 7.5

If you like the Lumia 800, then try the Nokia Lumia 920/925/928 or the Lumia 1020. I'm waiting for the phablet (Lumia 1520 ?) & the Amber/GDR2 update for my Lumia 920.
    Sorry bro, N9 is not a Symbian device. It's the first & last MeeGo Harmattan OS base phone released by Nokia. It's a successor of Nokia N900 which was based on Maemo5 os (pretty similar to MeeGo Harmattan). I was unfortunate to buy that set when it was released. The best hand set released by Nokia ever is N900. Now I am happy with my N9 as well. Using since last 20 months. Nokia would be dominating the mobile market if they keep developing Maemo5 or Meego after they released N900.

Maemo5+MeeGo Harmattan (rest in peace due to Nokia's negligence)
    rugbylivestreaming.com.au

Device(s)
    Moto G6, Nokia 6.1
    Carrier(s)
    T- Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pleasurebd View Post
    Sorry bro, N9 is not a Symbian device. It's the first & last MeeGo Harmattan OS base phone released by Nokia. It's a successor of Nokia N900 which was based on Maemo5 os (pretty similar to MeeGo Harmattan). I was unfortunate to buy that set when it was released. The best hand set released by Nokia ever is N900. Now I am happy with my N9 as well. Using since last 20 months. Nokia would be dominating the mobile market if they keep developing Maemo5 or Meego after they released N900.

Maemo5+MeeGo Harmattan (rest in peace due to Nokia's negligence)
    rugbylivestreaming.com.au
    In retrospect, I fully agree. When I see what Jolla (Nokia's Meego team cut loose) has done I am more convinced of that than ever. With Jolla integrating android apps...... had Nokia Meego done that, it would immediately have had access to that developing egosystem. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. I may end up getting a Jolla at some point, although I would probably have to switch to one of the ATT MVNO's since it doesn't have t-mobile's frequencies (not a great loss since it has been working so poorly in my home), but I really want to get an Ubuntu phone that still seems to be a work in progress.

Feedback Score

Re: Bought so Late in the Game

Thanks cyberstoic for your valuable opinion. I am also counting to get in touch with Ubuntu as well. Cause after using Symbian, Maemo5 & MeeGo some how i just don't like the Android OS. So either with Ubuntu or WP8 on Lumia (925 is my most favorite).

Thanks

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberstoic View Post
    I may end up getting a Jolla at some point, although I would probably have to switch to one of the ATT MVNO's since it doesn't have t-mobile's frequencies (not a great loss since it has been working so poorly in my home), but I really want to get an Ubuntu phone that still seems to be a work in progress.
    I have never seen any official documentation about what frequencies the Jolla will have but I'm sure it will quadband GSM and it could easily be pentaband 3G as the qualcomm chips support that. The issue of LTE frequencies is one that would probably require a different modem for the US bands. The N9 had no LTE but we will have to wait until that information is released.

Device(s)
    Moto G (Multiple Generations/Carrier Varients)
    Carrier(s)
    Aio/Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I'm still waiting on Jolla. We really need this phone to hit the markets

Device(s)
    Moto G6, Nokia 6.1
    Carrier(s)
    T- Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by corporateJP View Post
    I'm still waiting on Jolla. We really need this phone to hit the markets
    Yes, plus 1000. And maybe, the Jolla phone will have t-mo usa frequencies so I can buy one I can't wait until this gets released!

Ubuntu seems to be taking forever and I am wondering when they are going to get that out. It seems to me that the longer they wait the harder it will be to break into this ever crowded mobile space.

Device(s)
    Moto G (Multiple Generations/Carrier Varients)
    Carrier(s)
    Aio/Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I'm heavy on Jolla because all those cats except one or two used to be Nokia guys. The Sailfish project is solid, the device is hot. I can't wait! Ubuntu looks fun, though.
    Sent from my RM-846_nam_usa_366 via the HowardForums WP7 App
    Running wireless since 1997...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2