Thread: Nokia N9 on NewEgg

Feedback Score

Question Nokia N9 on NewEgg

I noticed that there are 2 different black 16gb N9s on NewEgg. There is a $70 difference & 1 uses the name Lankku which makes me wonder if they are indeed exactly the same, does someone happen to know? Thanks!

Nokia Lankku Black 3G Unlocked GSM Smart Phone w/ MeeGo OS / 8 MP Camera / 3.9" Touchscreen (N9) - Newegg.com

Newegg.com - Nokia N9 16GB 3G Quad Band Wifi GPS NFC GSM Unlocked MeeGo Touchscreen (Black)
    Nokia N9 16GB Black
    Nokia N8 Dark Grey (Retired)

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play, Moto Z2 Force, Blackberry Z10
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    they are the same phone but one is sold and shipped by newegg and one has a 3rd party selling and shipping

Feedback Score

Cool Thanks for the Response!

The price went back up to $399 on Friday but then back down to $199 over the weekend so I went ahead & bought it since it was $50 less than Amazon - which I gather to be a really good deal. Cannot wait to try this 1-of-a-kind smartphone, especially since my N8 has been going slower & slower lately.

Just hope that AT&T cannot detect this as a smartphone & force me into a data plan.

Sidenote: had to buy a micro-sim cutter as well, hope it works.

Device(s)
    Current Phone: Nokia N9 Past:Nokia 6651,Nokia 7210
    Carrier(s)
    Currently: at&t
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokia69 View Post

Just hope that AT&T cannot detect this as a smartphone & force me into a data plan.
    Can't speak for Postpaid, but on Prepaid plans they know a N9 is a smartphone.

Also welcome to the club and hope you enjoy the phone, my N9 has been a very trusty phone for almost the past 2 years. I've really liked it, especially having the Desktop version of FireFox. I'm just disappointed that Nokia will stop support after the first of the year http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1378610 trying to figure out where to go next

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by altNz View Post
    Can't speak for Postpaid, but on Prepaid plans they know a N9 is a smartphone.
    Uh oh, did you tell them that you had an N9 or did you get the infamous text saying they automatically enrolled you into a data plan?

If they detect it, guess I will have go get me another Symbian phone (the 603 is going for $119 on Amazon lately). Unfortunately I do not think that NewEgg will take the N9 back once opened.

I could also switch to T-Mobile, as they have slashed their prices lately. $50 gets you unlimited talk/text/data & if you have a 4 party plan, it is only $100. However, coverage worries me as I hear a lot of complaints. @ least I get to keep my N9 (untiil the 808 drops in price).

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Current Phone: Nokia N9 Past:Nokia 6651,Nokia 7210
    Carrier(s)
    Currently: at&t
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokia69 View Post
    Uh oh, did you tell them that you had an N9 or did you get the infamous text saying they automatically enrolled you into a data plan?

If they detect it, guess I will have go get me another Symbian phone (the 603 is going for $119 on Amazon lately). Unfortunately I do not think that NewEgg will take the N9 back once opened.

I could also switch to T-Mobile, as they have slashed their prices lately. $50 gets you unlimited talk/text/data & if you have a 4 party plan, it is only $100. However, coverage worries me as I hear a lot of complaints. @ least I get to keep my N9 (untiil the 808 drops in price).

Thanks!
    Hi Nokia 69,

No I didn't tell them I have a N9, they eventually updated their list of IMEI#. You can see where we started talking about it here: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...2#post14834132

I would agree with you I'd rather use T-Mobile over at&t in terms of cost, but in my case T-Mobile is worthless. So I'm more or less stuck with at&t at the moment.

Good luck