Thread: How to connect my phone (Sony Xperia ZL) to my Laptop (Lenovo Ideapad Y750)?

Feedback Score

How to connect my phone (Sony Xperia ZL) to my Laptop (Lenovo Ideapad Y750)?

Dear all,

I have a Lenovo Ideapad Y750 with windows 7. I tried to send music from my Sony Xperia ZL using the Throw feature. But the phone says "could not connect to the device". Both Laptop and smartphone are on the same wireless network. I followed the instruction here http://tech2.in.com/how-to/lifestyle...294842/1#story and after pressing the Start button and then typing Media streaming options my phone is not on the list of devices. But the phone is surely enable, so which is the problem here?

thanks
    V.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by venexiano View Post
    Dear all,

I have a Lenovo Ideapad Y750 with windows 7. I tried to send music from my Sony Xperia ZL using the Throw feature. But the phone says "could not connect to the device". Both Laptop and smartphone are on the same wireless network. I followed the instruction here http://tech2.in.com/how-to/lifestyle...294842/1#story and after pressing the Start button and then typing Media streaming options my phone is not on the list of devices. But the phone is surely enable, so which is the problem here?

thanks
    V.
    Why not simply try WiFi on the same network?

Connect your Ideapad (some idea, sorry I loathe Lenovo's) to your home or current WiFi network.
    Connect your Xperia ZL (nice kit!) to the same network, speeds shouldn't matter at all).
    I think in the Settings of your Xperia ZL you'll need to look for an ad-hoc like setting DLNA to be enabled.
    Then under Windows > Network (from start menu) > you may finally see your ZL listed and then begin the drag & drop fun.

These are NOT definitive instructions, but sort of like 'guidelines' as it were which will help point you in the right direction which you'll be able to figure out. If not ... check the ZL thread over at esato.com
    Formerly: Prom1, now I'm Supa_Fly!!
    My Feedback