Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to unlock GSM Motorola StarTAC \ GSM (MicroTAC) Motorola Select Series phones

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Check your PM.

Yes I do

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if the test sims on ebay will work... If you search ebay for motorola test sim a few pop up

I'm trying to unlock at 6000e

Thanks!

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No those won't unlock it as you need the aforementioned equipment or one of those Moto Gold Cards.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bah101 View Post
    No those won't unlock it as you need the aforementioned equipment or one of those Moto Gold Cards.
    Do you still have the equipment, or could I send it to you to unlock it?

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Check your PM.

Yes I do.

Feedback Score
    I'm also in need of one unlocking if. Anyone could be of assistance

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Smarty, check your PM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bah101 View Post
    Here are the phones this box can unlock (should have done this when I originally posted, but here they are).

From left to right: Motorola Select 2000e, Motorola Select 3000e, Motorola Select 6000e, Motorola StarTAC 7000g, Motorola StarTAC 8000g, and Motorola Vader v3682.

Attachment 114800
    Wow, nice walk down memory lane! I still have a mint condition Motorola "brick" phone and a Motorola bag phone and both with original boxes, accessories. Man, with their wattage, I'm betting a few of us users burned a few brain cells.

Feedback Score
    Wow this thread is amazing considering it is less than a year ago for phones this old, so I'm not the only crazy person still playing with these things. My question is, I'm struggling with a CDMA P8767, I really want to program/flash this, do any of the cables/devices mentioned here pertain to this model/protocol type as well? It has become impossible to find firmware files and the hardware needed (mini-chub) to make this work it seems. My whole issue is the phone is locked to working with Telus, and I want to use it with a Verizon MVNO. Thanks!

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oooh yeah, these GSM Moto phones are still awesome and work!

As for your question, I'm not much of a CDMA guy but I was able to program two of the Verizon branded StarTAC's with a carrier called PagePlus (Verizon MVNO). This was a few years back so I have no idea if it'll work now... it'll be a lot easier if you have a model with the later firmware that allows you to receive and send texts (i.e., unless flashed to a newer firmware, these models were only able to receive texts vs. send and receive which the GSM models can do).
    As for the equipment I have, unless I'm mistaken, I believe it only works for the GSM models.

Feedback Score
    That's right, I am trying to use PagePlus, but the problem is I don't have a VZ branded phone. The P8767 I have is just OEM/Moto branded, but the firmware is Telus/Canada. It seems it won't use 800mhz, only 1900, thus I can only get on Sprint. It's entirely locked from me making programming (55xx) changes, so I think the only thing I can do is use the tools to flash it myself.. but they are hard to come by now and the firmware seems impossible to find.

Feedback Score
    Hi,
    I purchased a StarTac on ebay and believe it is 7000 or 8000 GSM, as it used to work with Pacific Bell service (has logo)
    Now I tried to use it with tmobile, but have a message on the screen - Check Card.
    Does it mean it is locked and I need to unlock the phone first to use it with tmobile?
    if so, any chance you can help?
    Thanks
    Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox W. View Post
    That's right, I am trying to use PagePlus, but the problem is I don't have a VZ branded phone. The P8767 I have is just OEM/Moto branded, but the firmware is Telus/Canada. It seems it won't use 800mhz, only 1900, thus I can only get on Sprint. It's entirely locked from me making programming (55xx) changes, so I think the only thing I can do is use the tools to flash it myself.. but they are hard to come by now and the firmware seems impossible to find.
    I actually solved my problem. All it took was an insane amount of time, effort and some obscure old software. I'll make a write up about it in another thread.

Feedback Score
    I'm looking to unlock a microTAC select 6000e. I've had no luck searching for the unlock code for the new sim card I have for it so I'm assuming using the equipment talked about is the only way to unlock it. I know another user posted on here that he could unlock this model. Does anybody have the equipment and would be able to unlock it? Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2