Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: Ringplus Member Discussion

Feedback Score
    @pfoneguy. When I check the ESN on the R+ checker, this is what is reported back:

"Congratulations, your device (Htc VMU HTC PLUM X515C PLVHT515PL) can work on RingPlus! You can sign up and activate your device immediately by registering below."

What does this mean?
    Thanks for the help!

Carrier(s)
    Cricket x 10 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keyz16b View Post
    @pfoneguy. When I check the ESN on the R+ checker, this is what is reported back:

"Congratulations, your device (Htc VMU HTC PLUM X515C PLVHT515PL) can work on RingPlus! You can sign up and activate your device immediately by registering below."

What does this mean?
    Thanks for the help!
    vmu means virgin mobile us, id refund it

Carrier(s)
    Ting - R+ - Lyca - BYO - Selectel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keyz16b View Post

What does this mean?
    Thanks for the help!
    "VMU" means it is a Virgin Mobile device or somehow running the Virgin Mobile software and you can activate it, at least temporarily, on R+. Check the ESN under the battery and compare it to what is displayed on the phone. No matter, I would contact the seller an let them know they sold you a VM device with a Sprint body or Sprint device running VM software and you need to return it. You need to emphasize that they need to cover the return shipping for selling you a questionable device too. See if you can work with them since they put you in a bind and you don't have a phone to use for the promo on the 28th, using the phone you have as a placeholder until you get an actual Sprint replacement from them and then just swap the ESN factory reset the VM device and send it back. Bonus for the seller is you can provide the MSL code for the device, which can be handy for a VM device..
    Last edited by pfoneguy; 03-26-2014 at 09:28 AM.

Device(s)
    too many iPhones
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    quick question: does ring+ do short code texting where you can receive and send texts to short numbers (example: texts to/from 12345 instead of 123-123-1234)

asking because just put an old iphone on ring+ and deciding how much want to do with the iphone on ring+ for other accounts that do texts from short numbers.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iwantgizmos View Post
    quick question: does ring+ do short code texting where you can receive and send texts to short numbers (example: texts to/from 12345 instead of 123-123-1234)

asking because just put an old iphone on ring+ and deciding how much want to do with the iphone on ring+ for other accounts that do texts from short numbers.
    yes they work fine

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    R+ just added the ability to change plans and cancel plans on the Dashboard under Billing.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Does RingPlus turn off your data if you go over you allowed data limit on your plan? Our data doesn't work and we are 1 Meg over the limit when we log-in to our account. Thought they charge you if you go over your limit.

Feedback Score

Blackberry data?

Any idea what one needs to do to enable data on a Blackberry on RingPlus? Yes, I'm aware of the BIS/BES issue and I'm not looking for that level of data. This is for a Blackberry which has worked on a different Sprint MVNO. It did have BIS on that MVNO, until one day BIS stopped working, but data still worked. This was because BIS was not supported by that MVNO, but the dealer who sold these phones had a bunch of Blackberries for which BIS worked for a few years. Once BIS stopped working, regular data still worked provided the app did not need BIS to function. Anyway, all that's history. This Blackberry works great on RingPlus except there's no data. I can't ask them as if I tell them that I have a Blackberry on their service they are obliged to disable it. There's plenty on the web about enabling Verizon Blackberries on (say) PagePlus, but surprisingly little about what to do when you move a Blackberry to another Sprint MVNO to get data. I don't even care about MMS just data via (say) Opera. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated! I'm reasonably technically savvy.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scubby11 View Post
    Does RingPlus turn off your data if you go over you allowed data limit on your plan? Our data doesn't work and we are 1 Meg over the limit when we log-in to our account. Thought they charge you if you go over your limit.
    Well, you should have a negative balance on the account unless you topped up? Data will stop if you reach and/or go over your limit, but it won't stop until you end the session connection and the usage is reported! So you can easily go over on your allotment between the time ending the session and the usage is reported. Best to set a usage hard cap on the device itself.

Feedback Score
    Anyone tried a esn swap using the option in the dashboard. If yes, how long does it take in terms of business days? Are they strictly Monday - Friday? And, practically ... do you just carry both phones after you put in the request?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (iphone 4: Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/7.0.5/34.1624; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Quote Originally Posted by Techie63
    Any idea what one needs to do to enable data on a Blackberry on RingPlus? Yes, I'm aware of the BIS/BES issue and I'm not looking for that level of data. This is for a Blackberry which has worked on a different Sprint MVNO. It did have BIS on that MVNO, until one day BIS stopped working, but data still worked. This was because BIS was not supported by that MVNO, but the dealer who sold these phones had a bunch of Blackberries for which BIS worked for a few years. Once BIS stopped working, regular data still worked provided the app did not need BIS to function. Anyway, all that's history. This Blackberry works great on RingPlus except there's no data. I can't ask them as if I tell them that I have a Blackberry on their service they are obliged to disable it. There's plenty on the web about enabling Verizon Blackberries on (say) PagePlus, but surprisingly little about what to do when you move a Blackberry to another Sprint MVNO to get data. I don't even care about MMS just data via (say) Opera. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated! I'm reasonably technically savvy.
    best advice is get a legit supported phone that's works on Ringplus.you will get caught.spend $20 and get an android phone that will work and can support BBM.yes $20

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6T
    Carrier(s)
    Mint Mobile, UnrealMobile, AT&T, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by russsell View Post
    Anyone tried a esn swap using the option in the dashboard. If yes, how long does it take in terms of business days? Are they strictly Monday - Friday? And, practically ... do you just carry both phones after you put in the request?
    Just switched an ESN last Sunday evening and it was swapped within 5 minutes. It works great. Just top up first with at least $5 (it costs 99˘) or it will not go through.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by russsell View Post
    I also have done several and from what I remember, they only took a few minutes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by agalvan View Post
    Just switched an ESN last Sunday evening and it was swapped within 5 minutes. It works great. Just top up first with at least $5 (it costs 99˘) or it will not go through.
    So it must be an automated system ... do you get any notification when it's been done?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepaidmasterz View Post
    Wirelessly posted (iphone 4: Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/7.0.5/34.1624; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

best advice is get a legit supported phone that's works on Ringplus.you will get caught.spend $20 and get an android phone that will work and can support BBM.yes $20
    While I'm not the BB OP ... any ideas where you can get an Android for $20? I realize you're not going to get something fancy for that kind of money, but something basic and functional for $20? Or, if anyone has one to sell in that price range please PM me.

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast