Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: Ringplus Member Discussion

Carrier(s)
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    I buy lots of older Androids on ebay for less than $20. I just bought a VM Optimus V to back up my wife's phone for $5 shipped and just saw a Mytouch 3G there for $15 shipped. They are out there. Particularly Sprint phones seem to be inexpensive. Plenty of EVO 4Gs for $20 on ebay.
    Enjoy Lycamobile...the Ryanair of mobile phone service providers
    Air , Water , Fire....LYCA

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6T
    Carrier(s)
    Mint Mobile, UnrealMobile, AT&T, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by russsell View Post
    While I'm not the BB OP ... any ideas where you can get an Android for $20? I realize you're not going to get something fancy for that kind of money, but something basic and functional for $20? Or, if anyone has one to sell in that price range please PM me.
    Use this search on ebay and avoid phones with bad ESNs: http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cell-Phones-..._BIN=1&_sop=15

Carrier(s)
    Ting - R+ - Lyca - BYO - Selectel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rs899 View Post
    I buy lots of older Androids on ebay for less than $20. I just bought a VM Optimus V to back up my wife's phone for $5 shipped and just saw a Mytouch 3G there for $15 shipped. They are out there. Particularly Sprint phones seem to be inexpensive. Plenty of EVO 4Gs for $20 on ebay.
    Ya, and a VM device can be deactivated and the account suspended at anytime as well.

Carrier(s)
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    ^^ Right- it's a backup on her VM account and is staying on VM. Just an example of cheaper Androids, but there are plenty of Sprint branded Androids. The cheapest tend to be Optimus S, EVO 4Gs and Samsung Epics . EVO 3Ds and Samsung Epic Touch are pretty decent phones with 1.2 ghz dual core processors, but will likely break the Jackson pricepoint.

Feedback Score
    I just discovered Ringplus and really liking what they have to offer!

The sprint coverage is good enough in my area and the places I visit often. Ringplus' monthly rates are also very attractive... but I was wondering what "+tax every month" amount is added to the plan's rate. I'm hoping it's not a hidden +$10!!
    Hoping someone sheds some light. I don't want to assume anything cause we all know the assumption is the mother of all... LoL!
    Anyways, I live in the keystone state of Pennsylvania where state tax is 6%.

Thanks!!

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keyz16b View Post
    I just discovered Ringplus and really liking what they have to offer!

The sprint coverage is good enough in my area and the places I visit often. Ringplus' monthly rates are also very attractive... but I was wondering what "+tax every month" amount is added to the plan's rate. I'm hoping it's not a hidden +$10!!
    Hoping someone sheds some light. I don't want to assume anything cause we all know the assumption is the mother of all... LoL!
    Anyways, I live in the keystone state of Pennsylvania where state tax is 6%.

Thanks!!
    According to one website as of July 2013 PA Combined Federal/ State/ Local Rate would be 19.65%. 19.65% on top of the plan rate and I believe the top ups would be taxed @ 14.05% for State-Local Wireless Rate.
    Even though I would pay a slightly higher rate, I think they should just apply the average to all users as a flat rate and just include it in the paid plans. Average is approximately 16% So the Jump plan would be $38 - Bella $12 - Hazel $9 - Harrison $7 - Kate $3.... etc. out the door and the same with the top ups. Done, no listening to everyone whining about the taxes.

Feedback Score
    I think R+ is "only" charging the highest regular state sales tax in the applicable state. Not the much higher communication tax rates. I could be wrong.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I think R+ is "only" charging the highest regular state sales tax in the applicable state. Not the much higher communication tax rates. I could be wrong.
    And you are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfoneguy View Post
    And you are.
    Thank you. LOL

Feedback Score
    @pfoneguy: Thanks for the input!

The "+ tax every month" is very reasonable considering the deal you're already getting with RingPlus!
    I'm just glad to know there's not hidden service surcharges like what i was getting with VZW. A "$69.98 monthly" ended being "$85" at the least after all taxes and service charges were added... RIDICULOUS! I'm so glad i discovered the prepaid option!

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (iphone 4: Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/7.0.5/34.1654; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

i really wish Ringplus would figure out why Kickbit won't work but will work with Sprint.i wanna earn free mobile data since I'm on the 2013 free plan.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Managed to score an almost new Sprint iPhone 4S 8GB for $145. It should come with the box but we'll see. 8GB is pretty light but it won't be a primary phone. Hopefully there are no problems switching over to it. Anyone activate an iPhone recently on RingPlus? I read they were having issues with that last month but they were supposed to get sorted out by the end of the month.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 11 eSIM
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 11 dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone XS [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10) + iPad Mini 4 w/ T-Mobile LTE

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (iphone 4: Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/7.0.5/34.1697; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

iphone are ready to activate

Feedback Score
    I activated an iphone 4 today for my son and it was easier than I thought to get working. After activating it online we did a reset on the phone and we noticed sprint was in the upper left of the phone and now everything is working. He is sixteen and I have him on the bella plan since he mostly does everything including texting and calling on wifi. If I ever switch back to sprint MVNO I may consider their 33 dollar plan before taxes.

Feedback Score
    I'm sick of my smartphone, so I just activated an old Sanyo 8200 I got at the flea market a couple weeks ago for $3. The Lina plan came to $18 after taxes. I'm happy with the service so far.

via the HoFo App

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast