Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    at&t, Cellular South, Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score

Oh Scott Forstall where are thou?

I think we're in a world of trouble going forward without Scott.......iOS7 already shows this! I'm sorry but I've bought the newest iPhone every year at launch but this one. Honestly I've been so disappointed with both iOS7 and personally the 5S. Sure the fingerprint scanner is a nice feature, the A7/M7 is impressive and the camera I'm sure is a stepup from the 5 but that's it! I guess I'm not so disappointed so much in the hardware as much as i am with the software......oh well. What's the thoughts of others on HOFO?

Phone
    Iphone 4S
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Happy with both the 5s and IOS 7 the icons are different from the last 5 years of IOS but change is good.

Sent with the HoFo App
    Rogers Loyalty Package W/4GB Data

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Robert,

Thanks for the good post and not flaming! I think what I dislike most is all the white in the message and email apps.....everything blends together and makes it hard to navigate a bit. I wish they'd give us a bit of customization freedom......if so we could change the colors in those apps and too the grey app folders look terrible in my opinion. I guess I feel we just took a step back on the software side of things......keep posting your comments everyone as I'm curious what others think.

Phone
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (frail's: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A465 Safari/9537.53)

When I first installed iOS 7 I keep thinking "what a Windows Phone ripoff." But the more I've been using it the more it's been growing on me and looking back iOS 6, I don't think I would want to go back to it now.
    Last edited by frail; 09-22-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    I've still got my 4S (on another carrier) running iOS6 and I was showing a few Android users today the differences and of they agreed'd 6 looked better than 7. These guys weren't Android fanboys either as they barely know what android is....all they know is they have a smart phone and its smarter than them....haha I was just looking for opinions as I am here. Thanks for the comment Frail I appreciate your input!

Phone
    iPhone 4 (iOS 6.1.2)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Forstall was responsible for the maps app. Don't need him.
    "I wish for a world of peace, harmony, and naked men."

Phone
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    iOS 7 takes a little getting used to but once you do, iOS 6 looks old, IMO.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Phone
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    Fido, RedPocket, Kolbi
    Feedback Score
    Loving iOS7 on my ipad 2 and can't wait for a jailbreak so I can really use my 5S which is on its way.
    Current arsenal: iPhone 5S 16GB / 13" Retina Macbook Pro 2.5ghz 8GB ram / iPad 2 WIFI 16GB / Apple TV 2 / Slingbox Solo / Acer Aspire Z5610 touchscreen all-in-one / Acer Aspire netbook

Fallen soldiers: iPhone 5 16GB / iPhone 4S 16GB / iPhone 4 16GB / iPhone 3G 8GB / BlackBerry Pearl 8100 / Motorola L6 SLVR / Nokia 5190, 3390, 8390, 3220 / Ericsson T18z / Mitsubishi G310 / Motorola C333 / Sony Ericsson T237

Feedback Score
    No chance I'd go back to iOS 6. I think this change is for the better. And I upgraded from the 5 and like the 5s. But it's not an upgrade I would recommend to anyone who has a 5 and is borderline contemplating upgrading. Usually I skip the "s" upgrades but I think I will be upgrading very year from here on out now that in saving hundreds with prepaid GoPhone.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eastercat View Post
    Forstall was responsible for the maps app. Don't need him.
    I get he headed it and the initial launch of the Maps application was atrocious (despite people saying it was only a few issues, my wife found it completely unusable). I assume it's improved, but we don't have an iPhone in the home anymore for me to see. It couldn't have gotten worse honestly unless they just made up a map.

What I don't get is why they've targeted him and him alone. The corporate culture at Apple was to leave Google behind as much as possible and maps was one big area where they depending on Google a bunch. I highly doubt Mr. Forstall was heading up the anti-Google movement. The short timeframes they were working with (even if it was a couple years, to map countries and the world correctly takes a long time and putting navigation into that even more) make it impossible to expect it would be as polished as Google's maps.

Also, what's with the hatred of skeuomorphic designs? Having something mimick another item or such that it isn't, is not a new concept by any means.

Phone
    iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Apple Black
    Carrier
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My only complaints about iOS7 are two:
    1) The animations are gratuitous and slow. The zoom in and out needs to be about 2X faster. I'm tired of waiting for animations to complete.
    2) Less available memory. I used to be able to return to 2 or 3 previous apps and have them still in their previous state. Now almost every time I return to the last app (often almost immediately) it has to restart because it got kicked out of memory. It's getting difficult to copy and paste between apps. This is on iPhone 4S, so maybe it's better on 5, 5C, and 5S (I hope so.)

Actually one more. The entire OS motif is all white. But a white background on my 4S doesn't look very good, so I use a very dark background so the status bar at the top is easy to read. Now when I go in and out of apps I get a massive contrast shift between all-white apps and dark screens.

Aside from that, I like the UI redesign a heck of a lot more than I like the old design. I like it, it feels like a new phone It's fresh, it's new, it's what we were asking Apple to do (or at least the very least of what we asked them to do.) I just think it's going to be iOS 8 (or at least 7.x) before a lot of this is ironed out. iOS 7 just seems unfinished.

Phone
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    I get he headed it and the initial launch of the Maps application was atrocious (despite people saying it was only a few issues, my wife found it completely unusable). I assume it's improved, but we don't have an iPhone in the home anymore for me to see. It couldn't have gotten worse honestly unless they just made up a map.

What I don't get is why they've targeted him and him alone. The corporate culture at Apple was to leave Google behind as much as possible and maps was one big area where they depending on Google a bunch. I highly doubt Mr. Forstall was heading up the anti-Google movement. The short timeframes they were working with (even if it was a couple years, to map countries and the world correctly takes a long time and putting navigation into that even more) make it impossible to expect it would be as polished as Google's maps.

Also, what's with the hatred of skeuomorphic designs? Having something mimick another item or such that it isn't, is not a new concept by any means.
    re:skeuomorphic
    It wasn't that they were new but that his direction was to overuse them. I believe his personality and inability to work with other teams also contributed.

Phone
    Nokia E71
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I do feel the look of the IOS7 is more geared towards the feminine market, and more towards the young generation. I did upgrade my 4S to this new version and left my 5 with IOS 6.

Honestly i don't know what the numbers are, but had they left the look the same way and added all these features, or even offered the option to either keep the old look or upgrade, it would have been so much better. I definately don't like the look of the new IOS. Again i truly believe that it has alot to do with marketing and targeting a certain audience. Had they offered an option with the icons to change or keep, and only upgrade the features. I really feel alot of us wud have opted to keep them the same.

Again I just got a feeling that these will change again when the iphone6 is revealed. It would be nice to actually have an option to upgrade to the newer features without actually changing the look of the phone. Just my two cents, as I know its a totally different IOS.....and a different iphone, but the difference in my opinion isn't much just because they have changed the look of the IOS.............

Again like I said earlier, Apple is probably trying to target a newer generation as well as keep their loyal customers in with these changes. I definately have a feeling that the Iphone6 will need to be very different, the whole shape of the phone in my opinion is perfect, but something will have to really change. I know I've had every single iphone since the 3GS, and i do not really feel the need to get the 5S but if these stay similar looking without really offering anything on the hardware side......i will be fine with the 5 for the next couple of more yrs.

And no I won't be jumping to the Android, as honestly i really don't like it because i don't got time to really start playing with it and customizing it and so forth. I will probably try a Windows phone if anything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RF9 View Post
    My only complaints about iOS7 are two:
    1) The animations are gratuitous and slow. The zoom in and out needs to be about 2X faster. I'm tired of waiting for animations to complete.
    I too hate the extra seconds it takes just to let the animations complete before being able to perform an action. For safety precautions I have control center turned off on my lock screen. So I access it after the main screen appears. Only problem is that after unlocking the device and immediately attempting to swipe up, it doesn't register because it's waiting for the apps to all fall into place from the opening unlock animation. Annoying to say the least.

Feedback Score
    Control center and the new camera functions are worth it alone. I am very happy with 7 on my 4s. There hasn't been many noticeable degrading of performance from what I can tell and I like the look of it.

As for the phones themselves, 4.5 to 5 inch screen with little to no bezel and small form factor like the MotoX is needed for the iphone 6.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast