Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Phone
    iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Apple Black
    Carrier
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I discovered a new thing that bugs me (as long as I'm ranting.)
    From the lock screen you can directly pull down the notification center. But anything you've marked "Show on lock screen: OFF" will not appear until after you unlock the device then enter the notification center.
    I just want the notifications not appear on the lock screen. I do want them in the notification center (even when still locked.) That way I can check all notifications without ulocking.

I may end up turning everything back on for lock screen just so I can access the entire list in notification center while locked.

Phone
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey, I think you answered your own question in your post. I had to read it three times. Seems straight forward to me... if you don't want notifications to show up on the lock screen, then set "Show on lock screen" to OFF, and vice-versa. If you don't want Notification Center accessible from the lock screen in it's entirety then you can turn that off too.
    iPhone 7, 128GB, matte black: Sept. 14, 2017 - VIRGIN
    iPhone 6, 64GB, space grey: Nov. 3, 2014 - BELL / Nov. 13, 2015 - VIRGIN
    iPhone 5, 32GB, white: Nov. 21, 2012 - BELL
    iPhone 4, 32GB, black: Sept. 2, 2010 - ROGERS

Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can't stand the color theme on iOS7...I like the new functions, but not the color theme.

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I personally like the OS overall. I agree with those that say it's a bit to bright and white. I've been able to tone down the brightness by using a dark colored wallpaper. I only wish that the OS brought the color of the wallpaper to the all white areas like the dialer.

What really bothers me about the OS is the crashing. I believed that ios 7 was not ready for prime and I still believe that. Apps crash all the time...the mail app doesn't work as well as it used to. they are going to need a few more rounds of updates and bug fixes before this thing is stable.

maybe stability is what forstall brought to the table. he didn't roll out the features like alot of people wanted however the OS was rock solid stable.

Phone
    Nokia N900, Nexus One
    Carrier
    Wind, Three, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I can't stand ios7 and countless others. online agree - so its not just me being fussy

They have taken the best refined premium looking mobile OS and ruined it.

Most of us would have been happy with slight modification to the look maybe bit of silver trim here and there.

The addition of the quick settings and modification of safari browser. This would have been more than adequate.

Instead they have made changes just for the sake of it and poor changes at that.

The neon icons are hard on the eyes but I guess you could manage

The worse thing is the text messaging, it was so good in io6 and previously.
    Very refined looking, very easy to read and very easy on the eyes.
    They have replaced this with bright white and white text on neon green bubbles
    and a white light gray keyboard. Who approved this ?

I for one will not be upgrading to ios 7 and am seriously considering andriod, I have heard others say the same.

Im currently looking to buy a new iphone 5 and try to keep it on ios6. If not then its andriod.
    Robellus - The Future is Greedy

Phone
    Carrier
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It took a couple of days but I prefer iOS7 over iOS6 I actually like it a lot. I would never want to go back.

It's not perfect, it has some design problems which I hope they address over the next year.

I have one rant, I don't understand the change to the swipe to unlock. It was fine, it worked, and it was intuitive to everyone on the planet. At 10 months old my daughter unlocked iOS6 the first time she touched the iPad. She's almost 3 and it took her 3 days to understand the new swipe to unlock screen even after she's done it 100 times on iOS 6.
    This is one example where skumorphism worked better.

Phone
    Nexus 6, Nexus 4
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    The new swipe to unlock seems as easy as normal.
    Nexus 6 - 64 GB - Midnight Blue
    Nexus 4 - 16 GB - Black
    Nexus 9 - 32 GB - Black
    And my first: Samsung Galaxy Craptivate.

Phone
    Carrier
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It physically works the same way, except that you swipe the whole screen away (not just a switch.) It's subtle glowing text that isn't a good visual cue unless you know how to read. It's just not obvious like it used to be. I'm sure Apple was pretty much banking on the fact that everyone in the world understands swipe to unlock now and they don't need to spoon feed the control to us like they did when they introduced the first iPhone.
    I'm just saying it seems like the unnecessarily obscured it when it was pretty much perfect before. Why not just update the design of the lock switch instead? Someone had their reason.

It makes me think of this story I saw on TV about how iPads were a huge breakthrough working with autistic children. They found a lot of them like the touch feedback of the screen and the UI and are able to teach them at levels they never could before with paper or computers with a mouse. I wonder how these changes affect this therapy.

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    at&t, Cellular South, Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I definitely don't think iOS7 was ready for prime time. It's not polished and definitely has a unfinished look. A lot of the animations are slow and I'm so disappointed in the experience as well. Maybe it's time I tried an android based phone. I've been reading a lot of good things from people using the HTC One. Maybe I'll pickup one.

Sent with the HoFo App

Phone
    Nokia N900, Nexus One
    Carrier
    Wind, Three, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Me too. Never considered andriod before. However upon looking at this io7 not that impressed. Waiting for nexus 5

The expanses of white are the main problem. Along with a choice of bright neon colours. I'm trying to find an iPhone 5 with ios6 on it. From what I understand if you have older version of ios it will allow you to download the last compatible version of any app. Therefore not forcing an upgrade. Hopefully in future ios7.5 or 8.0 will allow us to change colours in text messaging and maybe home screen icons

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    at&t, Cellular South, Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I picked up a HTC One today for the wife and I. Replacing my CSpire iPhone 4S and if I like it I'll probably change my iPhone 5 with AT&T. Gonna see if I can withstand it haha.

Sent with the HoFo App

Phone
    Galaxy S6 Edge
    Carrier
    VZW, 3(IRL), O2(D), 中国联通
    Feedback Score
    I installed iO7 on my 4S. I am in update 2.
    When I receive calls, I frequently find that my phone switches the call from voice to Facetime. This is very frustrating, since I typically have to call back and apologize for my phone.

Is anyone else having this problem?
    Bugwart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2