Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading customers and they aren't losing their unlimited data.

Feedback Score

Post Upgrading customers and they aren't losing their unlimited data.

Anybody else seeing this happen?

Over the last few days, we have had a decent handful of customers who when we upgrade them through Iconic, it isn't forcing them off their unlimited data. At least 3 in the last 2 days.

The problem is we had an instance where one person kept it, they told their friend they could update and keep it. So of course their friend comes in and we told them you can't keep it, he goes through anyway and of course it doesn't give the option to keep it.

Wish Papa verizon would make up their mind about Unlimited.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    If you are trying to get them to close the loophole, you are off to a good start.
    In the future, I suggest you PM the more experienced indirects if you have a question like that.

Feedback Score
    You're assuming I care if they close it or not. Verizon is already aware of it and are working to close the loop hole.

Just wondering if other indirects have seen it.

Thanks for the advice though.

Feedback Score
    Its a system glitch, my DM told me that all those that upgraded will be migrated off due to a glitch but it will be to the Max plan of 6GB. I work for a direct store and it is a confirmed iconic glitch

Feedback Score
    Can't see them moving people off after the fact. That would be a huge risk. Usually mistakes like this the customer is allowed to keep it. You can't hardly change terms after a customer has agreed to them and signed a contract.

Here is a theory. We got the email about free activation for the rest of the month to boost the quarter basically. This could be a glitch done on purpose to also boost upgrades for the quarter. Maybe its been a horrible quarter?

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I know for a fact that company wide upgrades are up from the previous few years and that new lines have been big too, so the company is doing well.

Feedback Score
    Upgrades have to be down for multiple reasons. They want them to be, upgrade fees, everyone pushed back to 24 months which technically means no new upgrades from this month through December.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    samsung 930
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is the "glitch" still in place? Does anyone know?

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneteach View Post
    Is the "glitch" still in place? Does anyone know?
    yes it still works online and in store also

Device(s)
    Pixel 2 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I am formerly an agent, just left a little bit over a month ago for a new job. I am still on the 1500 employee plan with unlimited data and last night I was able to upgrade online and keep unlimited data.

I am not sure how this will work being on a employee plan (soon to be off it, obviously), but I guess Ill find out in a little over a week when the Note 3 ships. I should just be able to swap with GNex sim and be all good I hope.

Device(s)
    samsung 930
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just went to upgrade and get choices starting with unlimited plus 500MG. What is the 500 MG for if its unlimited?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneteach View Post
    I just went to upgrade and get choices starting with unlimited plus 500MG. What is the 500 MG for if its unlimited?
    500MG? lol. Unlimited data with a side of drugs.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Anything is possible, but the fact this is dragging on into its second day tells me it is not something anyone is terribly concerned about. Perhaps the end of quarter neeeds a jolt or perhaps something about the buyout is involved? Or maybe just an old fashioned computer issue?

As far as the idea that the customers with signed contracts are going to be switched back to the 6GB without their explicit consent, that is simply not going to happen. Can you imagine the genuine consumer outrage and the faux outrage of the TV news shows? Think any AG's might want a piece of the spotlight as well? If it is a mistake, like the $1 United Airlines ticket glitch, they will just put on a smile and be glad for the upgrades.

Device(s)
    samsung 930
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwinagent View Post
    500MG? lol. Unlimited data with a side of drugs.

Sent with the HoFo App
    Drugs aside, anyone have an idea of what I would be signing up for with that?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    Anything is possible, but the fact this is dragging on into its second day tells me it is not something anyone is terribly concerned about. Perhaps the end of quarter neeeds a jolt or perhaps something about the buyout is involved? Or maybe just an old fashioned computer issue?

As far as the idea that the customers with signed contracts are going to be switched back to the 6GB without their explicit consent, that is simply not going to happen. Can you imagine the genuine consumer outrage and the faux outrage of the TV news shows? Think any AG's might want a piece of the spotlight as well? If it is a mistake, like the $1 United Airlines ticket glitch, they will just put on a smile and be glad for the upgrades.
    Its amazing how much we think alike! My thoughts exactly. In 10 years in the business I've never seen Verizon to take away or change something like this without consent. They never force anything on a customer. Its always an action a customer performs like changing devices or upgrading. They're really pretty fair as far as that's concerned.

Sent with the HoFo App

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast