Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Fido MB and SK Limited Time only Plans - $60 for unlimited nationwide talk + 5GB data

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A question before starting the process……. These plans all need a credit check to begin correct? So a college student from the US living here would need to be able to pass the credit check first. Paying a lease on a condo all year, with internet and cable tv… I wonder if that helps, of course also have a bank account here too. Any advice or will I need to most likely get a prepaid plan? IS there any plan on prepaid that is even close to being as good as this plan? I do want to be able to call the US at times, and to text at least. My USA plan on ATT is costing way way too much, at random there are crazy charges for roaming data even though I use wifi only.
    PLEASE HELP if you can. I am going broke with ATT.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Where are you located? No there's no astoundingly good deal on prepaid unless perhaps you live in a WIND Mobile city (and then you deal with the mediocre network). But if you can't get onto a postpaid account, Koodo or Fido prepaid would certainly still cost you a lot less than AT&T roaming.

Try activating at a dealer. Sometimes if you don't pass the credit check they will still be willing to activate you with a deposit.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    With Fido yes, but you need to find a dealer that will do it for you.
    Thanks ijcy. I found a dealer who is willing to do it (at a small cost).

I am wondering if people who have it, still have their online profile locked for any changes. Eg: Adding/deleting features, sim swaps etc.

Thanks again.

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkhan View Post
    Thanks ijcy. I found a dealer who is willing to do it (at a small cost).

I am wondering if people who have it, still have their online profile locked for any changes. Eg: Adding/deleting features, sim swaps etc.

Thanks again.
    AFAIK yes, this is why i tell everyone do the Koodo deal. It is the better network, no need to pay anyone to do it, and doing it yourself has become easier then ever!
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    AFAIK yes, this is why i tell everyone do the Koodo deal. It is the better network, no need to pay anyone to do it, and doing it yourself has become easier then ever!
    Hi ijcy,

Is there a newer way to do the transfer if we have a fido (or any other non-koodo brand) account? I will take a look but I believe the last I read there was a self-service option before. And have any of you had any problems with making any changes, etc to the accounts? Thanks.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Bell, Fido, Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I valued Fido's MB/SK plan over Koodo because I would get a virtual 4% (could've been 5%) off due to Fido dollars. Now that they're getting rid of Fido dollars, the only reason is if I could get the 10% additional line discount too.

The hassle may not be worth it (maybe?) as I'd have to port both numbers out of Fido first, then port them both back in. And also figure out a way to prevent my saved up Fido dollars from disappearing...

#YOLO right? (Why the heck would they use that?!)
    Moto X 2013 (XT1058)
    Koodo $35 - UL Canada-wide talk, UL worldwide SMS/MMS, 1gb

OLD: Fido $35 - 400DT, UL E/[email protected], CID, UL Intl SMS/MMS, 400mb

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1, Pixel XL, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    The old farts at Rogers thought it's a cool, hipster buzz phrase.
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneColdGB View Post
    Hi ijcy,

Is there a newer way to do the transfer if we have a fido (or any other non-koodo brand) account? I will take a look but I believe the last I read there was a self-service option before. And have any of you had any problems with making any changes, etc to the accounts? Thanks.

via the HoFo App
    If you mean Koodo's self serve then yes everything can still be done.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
    On Fido the step of finding a store that will give you the MB/SK plan can also be skirted around if you buy an unactivated SIM (cost me $10) from a dealer. You would then activate it online (presumably if you already have an account, as a new line on that account), enter your honest address for the credit check and select a MB/SK area code. You still do need to find a dealer who will port in though.
    I have a question regarding this, if I already have a line with Fido... Can I buy a SIM from a dealer, activate a new line and then port out my initial line (cancelling it), and making the secondary line my primary line by default, and then port in the number I ported out later so that I can get that number on the new line and keep my FidoDollars? Just wondering because I'm on the verge of activating the plan on Koodo and porting out to there, but if LTE speeds aren't as good in my area I may try to get the plan with Fido again.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Precedent View Post
    I have a question regarding this, if I already have a line with Fido... Can I buy a SIM from a dealer, activate a new line and then port out my initial line (cancelling it), and making the secondary line my primary line by default, and then port in the number I ported out later so that I can get that number on the new line and keep my FidoDollars? Just wondering because I'm on the verge of activating the plan on Koodo and porting out to there, but if LTE speeds aren't as good in my area I may try to get the plan with Fido again.
    Nope. Fido doesn't allow number swaps between lines.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    May as well just find a way to cash those FD out now such as by getting a device.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    Nope. Fido doesn't allow number swaps between lines.
    I'm not directly number swapping. I'm creating a new line and porting the initial line out, then porting it back into the new line. Do they have restrictions against porting a number in that was once on your account?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
    May as well just find a way to cash those FD out now such as by getting a device.

I only have around $65 Fido Dollars, makes no real sense to buy a new device, with the HUF & price to unlock I'm not sure there's any money to be made, or even break even.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Precedent View Post
    I'm not directly number swapping. I'm creating a new line and porting the initial line out, then porting it back into the new line. Do they have restrictions against porting a number in that was once on your account?
    Ahh. yes, I guess that would work.

Device(s)
    Note Edge, Note 4, S5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    It sucks that you can get 5gbs with Koodo for $55, but you cant get anything similar with Fido. I burn through 2gbs in like 2weeks and i need more lol.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast