Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else seriously considering getting a Z30?

Feedback Score

Anyone else seriously considering getting a Z30?

I'm at least going to give it a good hard look. If I knew the operating system would continue to be supported by whatever becomes of Blackberry/RIM I would be inclined to jump. I've always had issues with Androids getting sloppy after awhile no matter what I did and needing constant tinkering to remain at full speed and I don't want an iCrap. I'm hearing great things from Z10 users and I also kind of like having something nobody else has. I have Verizon and I've got multiple upgrades coming up in a few months so now would be prime time to do it.

Or should I just stop living in fantasy world and just get a big Android like everyone else?

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Love my Z10. Really don't want to have to resort to getting a pos android. Have used multiple in the past and I really dread navigating their ****** infrastructure. Will get a z30 if possible.

Feedback Score
    Well I mean I'm GOOD at making my Androids work, just don't want to waste the time anymore. I think it'll honestly come down to sticking with VZW to appease the wife who thinks she wants an iCrap and then seriously giving the Z30 a long hard look or bailing for T-Mobile and the Nexus off contract permanently. All depends on sideloading apps on the Z30 and how well that works and I need to do more research on it. Getting Google Voice on there and Groove IP is a must in case my service ever goes out.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Passport
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Will it be worth the purchase price?

I've never used a Blackberry before but I like keeping all of my things synced through Android.

Having only read a couple articles on the Z30, it seems like an expensive mid-range spec'd phone with only a couple main benefits being better reception and battery life.
    Last edited by yyz123; 10-05-2013 at 10:58 AM.
    Motorola DPC 550, Mitsubishi G310, Panasonic A102, Motorola V60, Sony Ericsson W200, Sony Ericsson C510a, Motorola XT502, HTC Desire V, LG Optimus L9, Samsung T159, LG G2, Huawei U2801, BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry Passport SE (short lived), BlackBerry Passport (White), BlackBerry DTEK60 (short lived), BlackBerry Priv, Essential Phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't want bigger. I learned that when I bought a Nokia Lumia 928. I was waffling back and forth between an iPhone 4s and several BlackBerrys. I ported from Sprint to Verizon for better coverage and to get the BlackBerry Q10. But I still had an itch for a larger screen phone. So I grabbed a Nokia Lumia 928, and while I liked the WP8 operating system I found the overall phone dimensions to be just too big for comfort. Especially for one-handed use. That ended my whinging/whining rants about the small iPhone screen. Suddenly I didn't want the iPhone 6 for which I was so eager to wait. Now both the iPhone 5s and BlackBerry Z10 looked like the right size. And of course my Q10!

Feedback Score
    Honestly my 4.3" Bionic screen is very nice as far as size goes but every time I get ahold of someone else's galaxy S3 or above I'm like... damn...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've been eyeing the Moto X recently. A full 4.7" screen but it's no wider than an iPhone with a thin case on it. By eliminating the bezel Moto kept the Moto X slim but with a big screen. I agree that the Galaxy S phones are just too darn big overall.

Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    my z10 running on 10.2 is pure satisfaction. However, if they decide to offer wireless charging, the bigger screen and stereo speakers will be enough for me to hand my z10 down and pick a z30

Carrier(s)
    TMO USA
    Feedback Score
    Need to feel it in my hand first.
    At first blush i was definitely negative on it due to its size.
    But now I've read reviews that say it doesn't "feel" that large and is actually easier to type on than the Z10.

Feedback Score
    I wrote the my opinion for Z30, in a similar thread, and I just copy paste it. I hope to help someone:

I have read a couple of review and, I think that just because the Z30 is capable, and should be a triumph, does'n mean it will actually happen. The Z30 ticks many boxes, and I think its messaging focus will be welcomed by the majority of people (assuming they've not welcomed it with the Z10). But in different areas, I believe that it falls short.

Don't take me wrong, I find many positive things to like the Z30 but also few negative things to be worry about this model. Generally speaking if you are fully aware of the capabilities and limitations of the Z30, it’s going to be a solid handset. But for the general public I don’t feel BlackBerry has done enough to that the Z30 is gonna be a cell phone that you want to get ASAP.

Device(s)
    Samsung S10+
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've got an official final beta of 10.2 on my Z10 and it's worth the price of admission on its own. I never had any issues with 10.0 or 10.1 but it's amazing how much better this version is; the whole phone feels snappier and smoother and the extra functionality of the Hub in 10.2 puts it light years ahead in terms of productivity.

But would I upgrade to a Z30 over a Z10 with 10.2? That's a tough question to answer. I've played with one for a few minutes not long ago and it does feel impressive but I need more time with the device to make a judgement. We have 2 in fleet test right now and I'll have one for a week or so soon, I'll let you know then.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann Incognito View Post
    I've got an official final beta of 10.2 on my Z10 and it's worth the price of admission on its own. I never had any issues with 10.0 or 10.1 but it's amazing how much better this version is; the whole phone feels snappier and smoother and the extra functionality of the Hub in 10.2 puts it light years ahead in terms of productivity.

But would I upgrade to a Z30 over a Z10 with 10.2? That's a tough question to answer. I've played with one for a few minutes not long ago and it does feel impressive but I need more time with the device to make a judgement. We have 2 in fleet test right now and I'll have one for a week or so soon, I'll let you know then.
    It's been while since I've been on the boards ... left Z10 to try out iPhone 5 - again but this time with iOS7. There is a LOT of things I really miss about the Z10 and I'm super glad I have another one being shipped under insurance (which I'll keep for a long time as a backup) for me with a very low deductible. So many great and lost features coming back to 10.2 to make it so much worthwhile.

To me the Z30 is VERY LATE by BB ... to be honest I feel that the Z10 should've had its:
    Camera (the multiple glass lenses over the sensor) - although Z10's camera is quite decent but not enough to fully send pictures to the family/home.
    MirrorCast - I'd not use this because I don't own a TV (no longer a need for one until I purchase the PS4 late December). A lot of people are sore about this being brought by BB10.2 with early mention yet now segregated to Z30. Most likely to lock in sales, so BB is learning something from Apple/Google Android Manufacturers - but with the wrong product timing.

Other than that a larger screen with lower pixel density - which would affect my poor eyesight on fonts for reading makes this device a poor choice for ME in MY hands.
    Formerly: Prom1, now I'm Supa_Fly!!
    My Feedback

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Q10 (v.3 w/ LTE 2600mhz band)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
    I'm at least going to give it a good hard look. If I knew the operating system would continue to be supported by whatever becomes of Blackberry/RIM I would be inclined to jump. I've always had issues with Androids getting sloppy after awhile no matter what I did and needing constant tinkering to remain at full speed and I don't want an iCrap. I'm hearing great things from Z10 users and I also kind of like having something nobody else has. I have Verizon and I've got multiple upgrades coming up in a few months so now would be prime time to do it.

Or should I just stop living in fantasy world and just get a big Android like everyone else?
    I'm waiting for an bb os10 torch slider with slide out keyboard.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2 & iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Q10: Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.0.1791 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Quote Originally Posted by cellphonejunky
    Quote Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

I'm waiting for an bb os10 torch slider with slide out keyboard.

Sent with the HoFo App
    I think you might be waiting a while. Have you heard one is on the way?

Carrier(s)
    TMO USA
    Feedback Score
    Wondering when this website will review the Z30.
    Or have I overlooked it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast