Page 20 of 73 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 70 ... LastLast

Thread: BYO Wireless

Carrier(s)
    BYO Wireless (of course)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jake14mw View Post
    In using your example, I have the $5 plan on the first of the month, ran out of minutes on the 20th, topped up for $5 with 100 more minutes on the 20th. I use 50 of those minutes, and then on the first when I renew, I get 100 more minutes. In this case, will the top up minutes now be used first since they will expire first?
    Hi Jake. Yes, that is correct. You would use whatever top up minutes you have first before your monthly minutes were used.

Carrier(s)
    BYO Wireless (of course)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by persim View Post
    Email sent
    Thanks. We'll get back to you via email, and here, ASAP.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    I may have asked this before, but I can't find the answer now. I'm a light phone user, but I do like to check email and news occasionally -- so I like to have some data (less than 100 MBs a month, but probably a bit more than 50 MBs). If I chose the $5 or $10 plan, would I be able to add data by buying the $5 top-up? Or do I have to start with the $15 plan that comes data and top that plan up? (Actually, at that point, it would make more sense to go with the $20 plan -- but then I would be paying for what I don't use again.)

Also, is there a charge for porting in?

Thanks for any information.
    Blackberry Q10 on Twigby * Motorola Admiral on Tello

Carrier(s)
    BYO Wireless (of course)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
    I may have asked this before, but I can't find the answer now. I'm a light phone user, but I do like to check email and news occasionally -- so I like to have some data (less than 100 MBs a month, but probably a bit more than 50 MBs). If I chose the $5 or $10 plan, would I be able to add data by buying the $5 top-up? Or do I have to start with the $15 plan that comes data and top that plan up? (Actually, at that point, it would make more sense to go with the $20 plan -- but then I would be paying for what I don't use again.)

Also, is there a charge for porting in?

Thanks for any information.
    You can add use a top-up to add on to any BYO plan, including the 100 minute/100 text plan.

There is no charge for porting in your number.

Carrier(s)
    BYO Wireless (of course)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by byowireless View Post
    Thanks. We'll get back to you via email, and here, ASAP.
    Hey persim, we're still working on the answer to your question. I didn't want you to think we'd forgotten about you.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket VZW
    Feedback Score
    Hey persim, we're still working on the answer to your question. I didn't want you to think we'd forgotten about you.
    Doesn't really affect me anymore since I left BYO but I would certainly give them another try if the limit was removed. At the very least I hope this forces BYO to actually list the limit number on their plan details page if they decide it can not be changed.

Carrier(s)
    BYO Wireless (of course)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by persim View Post
    Doesn't really affect me anymore since I left BYO but I would certainly give them another try if the limit was removed. At the very least I hope this forces BYO to actually list the limit number on their plan details page if they decide it can not be changed.
    You've certainly identified an area of growth for us, and that's good. We can't get better as a company without helpful feedback.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade00 View Post
    Thanks for stopping by, Matt. I like BYO a lot but would like to see some more plan options with data. For instance, Red Pocket offers a Verizon plan for $19.99 that includes 300 voice minutes/unlimited texts/1gb data. BYO is probably not interested in competing but there are a ton of people around here who would love to have that plan with flashed phones.
    We are always listening to what our customers want/need. We are still relatively new, so please hang tight with us!
    byowireless / Matt, have you been able to have any discussions with BYO management about the possibility of offering a plan similar to this offer from Red Pocket CDMAV?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    byowireless / Matt, have you been able to have any discussions with BYO management about the possibility of offering a plan similar to this offer from Red Pocket CDMAV?
    Heck, anything in that price range with more data but limited texts - I actually don't care about unlimited texts. My dream plan would be 500 minutes/1000 texts/500mb or more of data.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    You can add use a top-up to add on to any BYO plan, including the 100 minute/100 text plan.

Sounds great. Thanks.

EDIT: I'm now a BYO Customer -- if getting a free month's service can be called "being a customer." Activation was painless. Just a flip phone for now, but it's nice to have Verizon quality again.
    Last edited by rcentros; 07-01-2014 at 01:27 AM.

Feedback Score

But the top ups expire in 30 days, unlike Selectel where they never expire, right?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    But the top ups expire in 30 days, unlike Selectel where they never expire, right?
    Correct, based on what's written on the BYO website. But there seems to be some inconsistency in what really happens. It might be in this thread, but how it behaves in real life, currently, is described by TheMountainMan somewhere on HoFo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Correct, based on what's written on the BYO website. But there seems to be some inconsistency in what really happens. It might be in this thread, but how it behaves in real life, currently, is described by TheMountainMan somewhere on HoFo.
    Right - it may be a little different, but still I have to go with Selectel over BYO for that reason.

I am a very light user overall, but use more data than voice. On both of them, at the low end. data is 5 cents per minute via an add on card. But expiring in 30 days (more or less) makes BYO far more expensive overall, even though BYO offers a $5 a month voice plan and Selectel does not, forcing you to pay $75 for a year at a time or play games.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    I am a very light user overall, but use more data than voice. On both of them, at the low end. data is 5 cents per minute via an add on card. But expiring in 30 days (more or less) makes BYO far more expensive overall, even though BYO offers a $5 a month voice plan and Selectel does not, forcing you to pay $75 for a year at a time or play games.
    I don't know about far more expensive. If you use 100 MBs of a data a month and never call over 100 minutes or use more than 100 texts in a month -- BYO Wireless is $120 a year (plus tax). Selectel is actually $135 for the same usage (do they charge tax now? -- I don't know). Of course that's the ideal scenario for BYO -- with Selectel (at $135) you get 67 more minutes of talk each month and 25 more texts. But, if you don't need them, that doesn't matter. And, if you use less than 100 Megs a month, you can stretch out your Flex Card longer, but you can also stretch out your calling minutes and texts with BYO if you don't use all your data per month.

But, with BYO, since you're buying by the month, you have more flexibility to change your plans if you need to.
    Last edited by rcentros; 07-01-2014 at 02:50 AM.

Feedback Score
    Before I purchase a Moto G that has been flashed to work on pageplus I would really like to know if in the last two weeks has anyone had success with either activating or changing an ESN to a flashed boost moto g on BYO? I know it has been done in the past but someone told me that verizon was now clamping down on flashed phones and BYO/verizon systems could detect that this phone was a boost mobile prepaid flashed phone and would not activate it.

Page 20 of 73 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 70 ... LastLast