Page 3 of 198 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Grandfathered plans being eliminated???

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobil
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic50 View Post
    Yes they do, off the entire bill unlike most of the other carriers. I believe the temporary loyalty discounts also apply.
    Temporary loyalty discounts? What are those? Aren't loyalty discounts permanent?

Device(s)
    Xperia x10
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just hope the Preferred plans wont be touched. So far, it looks like only the plans sold at retail are the ones being affected. I guess technically, employee plans would "count" since there isn't really anything special about their plan, where as things like Preferred plans and features required a chat with Loyalty to get added onto your account.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Verhouzen View Post
    Temporary loyalty discounts? What are those? Aren't loyalty discounts permanent?
    There are $ discounts for certain durations that shows up as Loyalty Discount in the bill. Example: I had $10 discount for two years that ended this month.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Crap this sucks

I haven't gotten this letter yet, but I'm currently on a plan called individual plus promotional 1000 anytime + unlimited nights/weekends, $15 unlimited texting, and $5.99 T-Zones.

I'm most concerned with tzones though because they currently dont offer anything that's truly unlimited and unthrottled

Feedback Score
    This topic certainly got a lot of buzz but it is based on 1 person's experience???

I am a bit skeptical. It would be a little crazy for T-Mobile to do this force conversion on large a scale in such short period of time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Yes definitely. Especially when newguy78 said they've forced employees over to a simple choice plan. They'd probably rather lose you as a customer than continue to provide service at $10 per month. But maybe they'll have a good offer for you.
    I don't think they'll mess with dtmcsa rate plans since they aren't "tmobile employee" plans. They are for deutsche telecom employees working in the US and T-Mobile doesn't recognize them

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamezilla View Post
    Crap this sucks

I haven't gotten this letter yet, but I'm currently on a plan called individual plus promotional 1000 anytime + unlimited nights/weekends, $15 unlimited texting, and $5.99 T-Zones.

I'm most concerned with tzones though because they currently dont offer anything that's truly unlimited and unthrottled
    The $20 Simple Choice data add-on is unlimited, just like T-Zones.

So they do offer 100% unlimited 4G LTE data.

If thats what they morph your plan into, is another story though

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by inspron View Post
    This topic certainly got a lot of buzz but it is based on 1 person's experience???

I am a bit skeptical. It would be a little crazy for T-Mobile to do this force conversion on large a scale in such short period of time.
    there was a post on TmoNews that said this was going to happen, and now we're seeing that it's happening. So I would say it's going to happen to a lot of customers.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Galaxy S3 Mini
    Carrier(s)
    Aerial>VStream>T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coolchicagoguy View Post
    There are $ discounts for certain durations that shows up as Loyalty Discount in the bill. Example: I had $10 discount for two years that ended this month.
    I was never offered this in the 12 years I have been a customer...and I never once upgraded my device or got a subsidized phone. Wonder if these will be available after the forced migration?

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenna View Post
    The $20 Simple Choice data add-on is unlimited, just like T-Zones.

So they do offer 100% unlimited 4G LTE data.

If thats what they morph your plan into, is another story though
    What about tethering?

Currently I'm able to tether to my PC and nexus 7, all unlimited. I have a Galaxy Nexus that's unlocked so I'm using the built in WiFi tether option in android.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamezilla View Post
    What about tethering?

Currently I'm able to tether to my PC and nexus 7, all unlimited. I have a Galaxy Nexus that's unlocked so I'm using the built in WiFi tether option in android.
    It will be the same; Ipads, nexus 7, etc appear as mobile data and are NOT counted.

PCs, without a user agent switch, and non-Safari browsers (explorer, chrome, firefox) will count toward the free 2.5GB cap.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone on a legacy Preferred Family Plan got the letter? Perhaps BTV users are spared? I did hear they would start sending out letters to Family Plan users around Oct 10th, so maybe someone has already got it by now. If so, what were you offered when you called the 1-800 number?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have been with T-Mobile since JAN 2005, nearly 9 years. So T-MOBILE is very good to me.

I Updated my account 4 months ago and I switched all my lines to simple choice.
    My cost per line:
    1st line unlimited talk +text + unlimited high speed data+ 2.5 GB tethering $70 - $15 data discount = $55
    2nd line unlimited talk +text + 500MB high speed a $30
    3rd line unlimited talk +text + 500MB high speed $10 fee waived till end of year.
    4th line unlimited talk +text + 500MB high speed $10

total $95 monthly- $35 monthly in loyalty discounts bringing my monthly total for 4 lines with 1 line having truly unlimited 4G Data to $60 monthly. However, you have to add in taxes and 1.61 regulatory fee per line. So my total monthly bill after all discounts are taken, and regulatory fees/taxes are added in is $70 monthly for all 4 lines.

Since I had my 3rd line free till the end of the year they waived my monthly $10 fee till the end end of the year. Before I switched to simple choice my 3rd line had only 500 minutes, unlimited text, and no data. Well all that has changed and now my 3rd line gets unlimited talk +text and 500MB high speed data

T- Mobile told me that the $5 unlimited high speed data was not compatible with the new simple choice plans. So I would have to be charge $20 for unlimited high speed data. Well to make up for it T-Mobile said they would charge my bill $20 for unlimited 4G data and credit $15 of that charge. Which brings my unlimited high speed data down to $5 a month. On top of that I get $35 dollars a month in loyalty discounts.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Here's the letter:

If it is unthrottled and they are essentially offering the $70 plan for only $45 per month, that would be excellent.
    This plan would save me money. Currently I'm under the 39.99 1000 anytime min plan with 9.99 for 1000 text and 5.99 for Tzones. Total cost 55.97. I might be able drop down to 45.00 and get unlimited voice, text and data. Good deal.

Edit: Read an earlier post. Looks like unlimited data may only be 2.5 GB at 4G and the rest at Edge speed. This is gone suck.

Sent with the HoFo App

Page 3 of 198 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 ... LastLast