Thread: Can I use an iPhone 4S with PC?

Feedback Score

Can I use an iPhone 4S with PC?

Hey, I've tried to call PC Customer Service and ask if I can use an iPhone 4S with them, as I already have prepaid service, but they are SO rude and never give me a straight answer. The phone was purchased from Apple, so it's already unlocked. Do I just need to buy a SIM card and call and get the phone activated with my current phone number? Does it matter where I purchase the SIM card? Thank you!

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    At least you already have activated service. I ran into a very rude CSR when I tried to activate HSPA service using a phone model that their records wrongly had listed as a CDMA one. Later, I simply phoned back and got a much better CSR to activate the SIM without recording any phone model.

For iPhone 4S, if you have a micro-SIM, you should be able to put it into the phone and have it work. However, there has been a problem in the past with iMessage and Facetime sending texts in the background. We don't seem to have anyone with an iPhone posting any follow-up to confirm whether it's been dealt with by PC Mobility or if there is some setting to change on the handset to avoid text charges.

It was most recently mentioned in this thread, with no definitive responses: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...Mobile-prepaid

Feedback Score
    The CSR yesterday told me that if the phone requires a micro-SIM, which the 4S uses, it won't work with their service. I have an LG Rumour and have never had to use a SIM card before, so I went to Wal-mart to get one, and she asked me which carrier it was for, I told her PC, and she said there are no SIM cards for PC. She said you can't buy any old SIM card and have it work with any carrier. I guess I'll have to switch carriers?

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You have to by PC Mobility SIM cards at stores that carry President's Choice, mainly Loblaws. They don't have agreements with other chains, unlike just about every other carrier.

PC mobility sells the Nexus 4, which uses a micro-SIM, so the CSR's answer was incorrect. Since you have run into someone who lacks instruction, you might have to get a SIM and then call again, asking specifically for your account to be switched to HSPA.

Personally, I just used my existing mini-SIM after buying a SIM cutter at the local dodgy phone shop. The mini-SIM is slightly thicker than what the Nexus 4 appears to expect for a micro-SIM, but it did squeeze in.