Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Changes in GoPhone Plans?

Feedback Score
    My uninformed perspective makes it look like AT&T is trying to become more competiive on the prepaid side.

First the Aio Wireless experiment, new GoPhone plans, prepaid LTE, and buying Leap and keeping the Cricket brand. AT&T may be taking this segment of the industry seriously. I have no problem believing this poster, since employees in phone stores are sold a lot more on postpaid sales, they would have no reason to hype up a prepaid plan.

Feedback Score
    Knowing att they probably add a 70 plan with 3-4gbs lol! But it they could offer the 2gb plan down to 50 I'll be happy!!!
    Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Feedback Score
    Now that sounds like a change AT&T would implement. One step forward, two steps back.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    ATT don't F with my $35 plan unless you want to make it cheaper.

I'm thinking they will up the amount of data on the $60 plan and maybe open up HSPA+ on the $50 plan to smartphones.

Feedback Score
    Calling mart coupons if anyone is interested.

Device(s)
    LG G6, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    they are also selling their towers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
    That's not a bad thing.

Feedback Score
    So true billm261. After reading this I'm convinced. AT&T confirms deal with Crown Castle to sell and lease cell towers for $4.85 billion http://www.androidcentral.com/att-co...rs-485-billion

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by christopherg View Post
    So true billm261. After reading this I'm convinced. AT&T confirms deal with Crown Castle to sell and lease cell towers for $4.85 billion http://www.androidcentral.com/att-co...rs-485-billion

this will benitit the consumer.now crown can sell space to all the major carriers.this would level the coverage field for tmo and sprint if these two take advantage of crown now controlling the towers.

Device(s)
    LG G6, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellDW View Post
    Manger, and more than one of them told me this! They said we would get a message about it exactly One Month before it happens!

Sent with the HoFo App
    Have you heard anything further on this?

Device(s)
    iPhone6S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Have you heard anything further on this?
    Yes it should be around January to March! AT&T needs to move it faster then this, but with their biggest focus on Leap/Aio GoPhone isn't their top priority in prepaid!

Sent with the HoFo App
    TheTechKing

Carrier(s)
    GoPhone (x2)
    Feedback Score
    I'll believe it when I see it in writing and not just "somebody at at&t said".
    They have already changed their plans on June 21st, and I think it's a little too soon for them to be thinking about changing them again.
    Last edited by dougeeebear; 11-09-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellDW View Post
    Manger, and more than one of them told me this! They said we would get a message about it exactly One Month before it happens!
    At which store were you told this? Please post the address and phone number of the store.

Device(s)
    LG G6, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomgup View Post
    At which store were you told this? Please post the address and phone number of the store.
    Why so you (and everyone here) can barrage the store with phone calls? Possibly get someone fired or in trouble?
    Discredit the OP?

There is never a shortage of rumors here on HoFo. Why not just treat it as such and hope for the best?

Feedback Score
    Why would I want to discredit the OP? There is absolutely no reason to think that he has fabricated his entire story. By the way, I also believe in the tooth fairy, Mary Poppins and Santa Claus.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Go on a road trip, have something happen to your phone or service and let me know where the closest H20 or Red Pocket corporate store was.

GoPhone will always be more expensive than the MVNO outfits. If it's too expensive for some at least there are other options.
    It is certainly a risk. However, the last time I set foot in an actual B&M cell phone/service store was perhaps 2006, so I am not sure how much value there is for me in having physical stores.

Mostly I achieve redundancy by having more than one provider/phone which also helps with the "I happen to be in a place where carrier X doesn't have service." That is, unless I am somewhere remote enough that no carrier has service. I do enjoy getting away sometimes, and some of the well travelled highways through the mountains in this part of North America literally have no service on any carrier for long stretches, e.g. OR highway 6, BC highway 4; but there are plenty of others - I am just listing ones I tend to travel.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast