Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile's new iPads, with free 200MB of data a month,

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by farhan.cma View Post
    Had spare unactivated microsim. Couldn't see online the broadband plans though I put in my iPad imei in activation. Then called customer service, they have option of daily, weekly and monthly passes not free 200MB data in system. Has anyone tried it?
    Tried it, web under construction.
    Had spare unactivated microsim. Couldn't see online using activation codes link; the broadband plans though I put in my iPad imei in activation. Then called customer service, they have option of daily, weekly and monthly passes not free 200MB data in system.
    You have to have a PRE-ACTIVATED sim card from t-mobile if you want to try this now (one of those from the SIM kits t-mobile sells, but its has to be BRAND new without any previous service), I put that into the iPad and it connects to the Tmobile 3G network. Then the website redirects to the page with the screenshots I posted. You can sign up for a new account from there and the free 200MB get activated automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
    So I have a verizon ipad mini, will this work on t-mobile? I got it for times when i don't have t-mobile coverage, but if I can swap the sim out and use it day to day and then use verizon prepaid when necessary, win/win?
    It does look like the verizon iPad mini does have the right GSM bands & I recall it should be unlocked because of the FCC LTE band thing. so it should work no problems

If you are successful, please post here.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZHemi View Post
    Hehe...I had considered doing something similar but just hadn't gotten around to it. Wife is on Verizon due to her work situation, so I had thought about getting a Verizon iPad, and running my phone and WiFi Calling off of the iPad hotspot when I was in an area with spotty T-Mo coverage.
    Again depends on the generation of iPad and what GSM bands it has (1st gen Verizon had none for example) but it will probably work.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by AZHemi View Post
    Hehe...I had considered doing something similar but just hadn't gotten around to it. Wife is on Verizon due to her work situation, so I had thought about getting a Verizon iPad, and running my phone and WiFi Calling off of the iPad hotspot when I was in an area with spotty T-Mo coverage.
    Yep, this is my general intent, just haven't needed it up to this point. I'd be on prepaid verizon (haven't done this yet) and there you have to buy a data block every 5 months or the sim is burned apparently. $40 a year or so depending on how much data, but I don't want to start the 5 month clock ticking until I have to.

Carrier(s)
    Only SPCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think I'm going to get either the Nexus 7 or the new LG G-Pad (SIM compatible?) or the new Nexus 10. For less than a single line of service on Verizon or AT&T, I can have my GN3 AND a Tablet...HELLO! I'm glad I signed up with T-Mo, @ the right time too!
    Last edited by The SPCS Guy; 10-24-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Device(s)
    LG-G6, wife S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    FYI - T-M Samsung tablets come locked. At least mine from 18 months ago did. Got it unlocked. Only have used it on wifi here, used China data SIM last spring. Takes full sized SIM.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $175/mo. We have had no landline in more than 17 years.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
    So I have a verizon ipad mini, will this work on t-mobile? I got it for times when i don't have t-mobile coverage, but if I can swap the sim out and use it day to day and then use verizon prepaid when necessary, win/win?
    It will work. But you only get PCS HSPA+/EDGE and no LTE.
    I tried the same idea and it turned out to be a very bad idea. I will be getting the iPad mini with Retina display once it comes out, but I'm not going to use T-Mobile anymore, free data or not. After, I get the new iPad mini I will probably return to Verizon Wireless, but for now at least I'm on the AT&T HSPA+ network without LTE.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    It will work. But you only get PCS HSPA+/EDGE and no LTE.
    I tried the same idea and it turned out to be a very bad idea. I will be getting the iPad mini with Retina display once it comes out, but I'm not going to use T-Mobile anymore, free data or not. After, I get the new iPad mini I will probably return to Verizon Wireless, but for now at least I'm on the AT&T HSPA+ network without LTE.
    Good to know, the HSPA+ is pretty good where I'd be using it mostly, and not real heavy data at those times, so I'll probably still give it a shot.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This plan piqued my interest since it means that I don't have to pay the full price outright and I tend to be on WiFi most of the time anyway. I assume that I'll be able to mail order the iPad Air on November 1st, or do we know that for sure? There's a T-Mobile store near me, but I'm not sure if they will actually be able to tell me anything if I ask there.

Device(s)
    N95
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    anyone get the sign up to work? I have galaxy tab.. and it kep showing site under construction.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3gs 32gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Question,

If you do not have t mobile service and just want this special can it be done. All my phones are with verizon and do not want to switch but would like to take advantage of this free 200mb and t mobile financing my ipad air?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by tpdtopcop View Post
    Question,

If you do not have t mobile service and just want this special can it be done. All my phones are with verizon and do not want to switch but would like to take advantage of this free 200mb and t mobile financing my ipad air?
    Yes:

"During a conference call (with a simultaneous Q&A session on Twitter), CEO John Legere and CMO Mike Sievert highlighted the 200MB of data that tablet customers will receive beginning November 1st as yet another bold new initiative from the carrier — one that both executives insist their rivals have no real counter for. "You don't have to be a customer of ours at all," Sievert said. "You don't have to have any kind of paying relationship with us at all. We're just happy to give you 200MB of data for the life of that device as long as you own it."

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/23/4...offer-official

Device(s)
    Iphone 3gs 32gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Yes:

"During a conference call (with a simultaneous Q&A session on Twitter), CEO John Legere and CMO Mike Sievert highlighted the 200MB of data that tablet customers will receive beginning November 1st as yet another bold new initiative from the carrier — one that both executives insist their rivals have no real counter for. "You don't have to be a customer of ours at all," Sievert said. "You don't have to have any kind of paying relationship with us at all. We're just happy to give you 200MB of data for the life of that device as long as you own it."

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/23/4...offer-official
    Nice.. Thanks for the reply.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Is the 200 MB High Speed data or on Edge?

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA, Vodafone ES
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by techuser1 View Post
    Is the 200 MB High Speed data or on Edge?

Sent with the HoFo App
    High-speed

Device(s)
    5s/Mega 6.3/nokia 521
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Is there a special "data only sim" or will any of the prepaid sim card kits work?
    Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back up is when you screw up!

It doesn't cost anything to be nice and say thank-you.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by sashusmom View Post
    Is there a special "data only sim" or will any of the prepaid sim card kits work?
    As far as I can tell it just has to be a pre-activated sim (I believe all of the sim kits are) because you do the sign-up from the tablet and need to be let on the network for that to work.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast