Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Rep Retail Sales:

Feedback Score

Verizon Rep Retail Sales:

Obviously I looked at the forums a bit before posting this, a lot of the threads are extremely old though. I recently applied for a position for Rep Retail Sales at Verizon. I was curious how well the company is doing and handling commissions for sales.

I currently work in retail, so I'm already aware of working long hours that aren't 9-5. Just curious about what the hourly wage is or base salary, how commissions function and how difficult quotas are. I also keep hearing about some kind of multiplier function, but I don't understand this either.

So any range of total compensation salary at the end of the year would be helpful to hear. It seems a bit daunting that I have a bachelor's degree and retail management experience, but have to start at the bottom; what can ya do though?

Any replies would be helpful except "Don't come to this company because you won't leave with your soul." I already lost my soul to retail the past 2 years and if I didn't lose it then, I certainly lost it during getting my bachelor's degree.

Thanks a lot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akamme View Post
    Obviously I looked at the forums a bit before posting this, a lot of the threads are extremely old though. I recently applied for a position for Rep Retail Sales at Verizon. I was curious how well the company is doing and handling commissions for sales.

I currently work in retail, so I'm already aware of working long hours that aren't 9-5. Just curious about what the hourly wage is or base salary, how commissions function and how difficult quotas are. I also keep hearing about some kind of multiplier function, but I don't understand this either.

So any range of total compensation salary at the end of the year would be helpful to hear. It seems a bit daunting that I have a bachelor's degree and retail management experience, but have to start at the bottom; what can ya do though?

Any replies would be helpful except "Don't come to this company because you won't leave with your soul." I already lost my soul to retail the past 2 years and if I didn't lose it then, I certainly lost it during getting my bachelor's degree.

Thanks a lot.
    Get out of retail and advance your degree.. Move away from Verizon, they will ask you to get your soul back to just be able to resell it to them and if not they will chew you out raw and when their done with you they will poop u out.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I don't believe you "lose your Soul" by what you do, but by how you do it. Perhaps now might be a good time to buy back your soul rather than looking to add a second or third mortgage. Good luck in your career.

Device(s)
    Droid DNA
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by reddragonprodz View Post
    Get out of retail and advance your degree.. Move away from Verizon, they will ask you to get your soul back to just be able to resell it to them and if not they will chew you out raw and when their done with you they will poop u out.
    Wow, this guy's bitter.

Look, it is what it is. Cellular retail is unique in its own way. The compensation is performance based. The quotas will depend on the retailer you sign with. Are they hard to hit? All depends on you. You gotta sell things, simple as that. If you're one of the types to cry about things, get discouraged when presented with a challenge like this bozo up here by all means stay away from this industry. If you're willing to employ your cognitive prowess in order to shine as a salesman this is the right place.

There's a lot of old-timers out there. They're right, the times are different now, and things are much more challenging than they were 7 years ago. They also keep getting more challenging as time proceeds. This is not for everyone. But believe me when I tell you, there are ways to not lose your soul and make money selling Verizon products and services and if I have to read one more teary comment from the disillusioned ones I might just have to (figuratively) start shooting people.

Feedback Score
    I am also curious to hear about this. I currently make around $13.50 an hour where I work and it is not commisioned based. If I get an offer for say $11 an hour plus commision, would it be worth the move to verizon?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wildspinx View Post
    I am also curious to hear about this. I currently make around $13.50 an hour where I work and it is not commisioned based. If I get an offer for say $11 an hour plus commision, would it be worth the move to verizon?
    Depends on the comp plan's details of course. Talk to sales people in your area and see what they actually make, rather than the "rainbow" pay that recruiters claim you can make.

Feedback Score
    Thanks downtown,

Typically though, if I just walk into my local store and said hey I am thinking about applying for a job in mobile sales, what is your typical commission? I know personally I probably wouldn't tell someone.

I currently work in banking and am 9-5 mon-fri. I love the hours and days, but for the next 3-4 years while I restart college I know I will not get a raise during that time at my bank.

Feedback Score
    That sounds like really good pay to me honestly... Depending on their commission. I know I can't afford to pay anywhere near that. If you're getting commission from me you're making near minimum wage hourly. Commission has the potential to be huge though.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    vzwin- thats why I said if, unfortunately, I am highly debating on applying for a sales rep position at a verizon retail store, but I have to make sure I can afford it/ can manage the hours while going back to school. I understand they have tuition reimbursement, but working those crazy hours, I don't understand how you have time for class lol.

Feedback Score
    It might be worth it at a corporate direct location. You can easily make up that $3 difference in hourly. My experience with indirect has been mimum wage no real benefits like tuition reimbursed. However its night and day since I went to direct location.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Eighty- that's what I have heard about direct locations. Its a much better place to work, but I have a baby coming in december and I am the only provider for my family. So to "know" I would make up at least the 3 dollars a month is a huge factor. I thought about negotiating pay if I get an interview, but if I get offered 11 it sounds like that's already above average starting pay.

Feedback Score
    Based on what u just said aim for direct. Not only will u get around your range but benefits for the baby day 1. Apply soon interview process may take longer than indirect.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Thanks eighty for all the help. Can anybody tell me "average" commissions.? You may pm me if you like instead of posting. If I do get a job, it is an average/ large size city, only one retail store in the city but best buy and walmart are in the same shopping center. I know it depends on quotas and such, but what is a good assumption for an average to good salesman. I am not great or the best in the business, but far from the worst! I am willing to put hard work in to fetch a decent living and income.

Feedback Score
    Thanks eighty for all the help. Can anybody tell me "average" commissions.? You may pm me if you like instead of posting. If I do get a job, it is an average/ large size city, only one retail store in the city but best buy and walmart are in the same shopping center. I know it depends on quotas and such, but what is a good assumption for an average to good salesman. I am not great or the best in the business, but far from the worst! I am willing to put hard work in to fetch a decent living and income.
    Typically as a Rep you should average between 13 to 16 dollars an hour AFTER Bonous commission and spiff.

If you can get overtime more. Really it all depends on store volume.

If they offer minimum wage on top of commission, its "usually" a flag.
    Look for a decent balance, typically 9.5 to 10.5 hourly plus commission, bonus, spiff.

Best place to figure it out is usually during the interview, ask questions.
    If the commission system looks like you need an advance degree in applied quantum physics to figure it out,
    its "usually" crap.

During the interview depends how badly you need a job, don't be so desperate, if the guy seems like a
    prick during the interview, there is no reason why he wouldn't be a prick if his your boss.

Cell phone job is like any job, your job is only good as the people around you. Peoples attitude don't form over night,
    nobody goes into a job wanting to be miserable. In your 1st week of job that is all you run into, just start applying for the next job, before you turn into a bitter zombie.

If you see smiling happy people, then there is a reason for that as well.

Hope this helped a bit.

Chong Lee

Feedback Score
    What you desribed seems like an indirect with the low base pay.

Ive worked both. Currently work at a direct location and ive already hit my target while still on ramp up.

Just depends on the person its still possible to make decent money.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast