Page 113 of 182 FirstFirst ... 13 63 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 163 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2723

Thread: Tracfone BYOP

Device(s)
    Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    Page +
    Feedback Score
    It's a good choice for a 3G phone. My husband has one on Page Plus. You can easily unlock the sim card for a few dollars (eBay) and use it as a GSM phone as well. I unlocked his phone but I don't have a sim card to test, but I believe it's just a matter of switching a setting.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by troyBORG View Post
    Has anyone tried the "HTC Droid Incredible 2"?
    Is it a good phone? It has 768 MB RAM which would be nice compared to the 512mb that all these other phones seem to have.
    I actually have this phone on TracFone, BYOP! I love it and have had no problems. Have several apps on it and music. No lagging and good quality sound. Wish I could find a phone with a slightly larger screen, but this is as close as I could get. Good luck, should you decide to purchase one!

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clctrax View Post
    Wish I could find a phone with a slightly larger screen, but this is as close as I could get. Good luck, should you decide to purchase one!
    At 4" I think it's about as big a screen as you will find on a 3G device that works with TF.
    Anything larger will be a 4G/LTE device.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    At 4" I think it's about as big a screen as you will find on a 3G device that works with TF.
    Anything larger will be a 4G/LTE device.
    Droid X2 is 4.3"

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clrockny24 View Post
    Has anyone bought a used iphone on amazon,ebay, etc. and successfully activated it through tracfone's BYOP? If so, how easy is it? it sounds like a few people have reported that it was easy; I haven't read of too many problems doing it. I'd like to be able to buy a used iphone and transfer my number and service over to it.
    Yes, I've done two of those (1 ebay, 1 amazon), porting numbers from our existing TF featurephones. The only hitch was that the initial transfer failed to bring the MMS ability with it, so the new phones couldn't send MMS texts, and any incoming MMS texts went to the old phones. Make sure the seller confirms that it's a clean ESN and unlockable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clctrax View Post
    I actually have this phone on TracFone, BYOP! I love it and have had no problems. Have several apps on it and music. No lagging and good quality sound. Wish I could find a phone with a slightly larger screen, but this is as close as I could get. Good luck, should you decide to purchase one!
    What version of Android is on your HTC Droid Incredible 2 and do you know what that highest version is that one could put/upgrade to? Looks like a really nice phone.
    Cheers!

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    What version of Android is on your HTC Droid Incredible 2 and do you know what that highest version is that one could put/upgrade to? Looks like a really nice phone.
    I think Gingerbread was the last official release. ICS was promised but never released in the US.
    Looks like there might be a good CM10.2 (JB) build for it though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    The popular HTC Incredible II came with 2.3.2. The also popular Moto Droid 2 often came with 2.2.2. These are not upgradible without ROM flashing. Perspective is these phones have much better hardware than the current Tracfone low end stuff, and will work better despite the operating system differences. Adding a later OS to a low end phone does not ensure a good performer.

Feedback Score
    loboheeler & ST Dog,
    Thank you for your responses to my question. .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    These folks updated their webpages for the activation kits so for "network" they now show TracFone (Verizon) instead of Net10. So I decided to order from them to save a few bucks. I ordered the kit with a 60 minute card ($24.99 total - free shipping, no tax collected). Their page says If you are ordering only an activation kit and or an airtime plan, your activation code and or PIN # will be emailed to you within minutes.

I soon got a receipt emailed, which mentioned USPS shipping, and also said If you ordered an airtime plan, your ePIN(s) will be emailed to you within 1 hour. After waiting an hour I contacted them by chat, and was told that my order was being sent by USPS. I thanked the chat agent and suggested that they clarify that on their website and receipts.

The next morning I received an email with a USPS tracking number. It also said If you ordered an airtime plan, your ePIN(s) are listed below. No PIN(s) were listed.

I got a package pretty promptly by first class mail (from Orlando, FL). It contained an activation kit (cardboard package with a plastic card with scratch-off activation code). It contained no airtime card. Their chat support was offline, so I called their support number and left a message, and then emailed their via their "contact us" page. Within 10-15 minutes I got an email with a PIN.

The activation code and the airtime PIN both worked without any problem.

Bottom line - these folks seem to be legit, and you can save $3 on an activation with them. Their operation is not smooth.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update. You said you received a package promptly. How promptly? Next day?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TENKOF View Post
    Thanks for the update. You said you received a package promptly. How promptly? Next day?
    Depend on where you are.
    First class mail from Orlando.

Could be a day or two. Could be a week.

Feedback Score

Transfer to active Android - erase minutes on recipient phone ???

I bought a used Droid 3, activated it with a 60 minute card to try it out, and then called Miami to transfer service from my old (dumb) phone. Right up front the agent warned me that I could not transfer minutes back to a non-Android phone. Then she asked me how many minutes were on the new (recipient, Android) phone, which was most of the 180/180/180. She said that those minutes would be erased by the transfer! I asked if she couldn't then add the minutes back, and she said "no", even when I explained that I had heard of this being done. I explained that since I had to buy a used phone for BYOP that I wanted to test it before transferring service, that this did not leave a good way to do so without losing my service or minutes. She didn't budge. She did say something to the effect that if the new phone doesn't work they can make an exception and transfer service back - but I didn't get that clearly since it wasn't an interesting option for me any more. It's also possible she was thinking this was a new tracfone android (even though I'd said it was a used BYOP).

Does anyone else have recent experience transferring service to an active android phone? Is this another change of policy to simplify things for their CS folks (due to numerous screw-ups as accounted in this thread)? Might I have better luck if I get a different person? (she was in Miami and did seem pretty competent)

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know what the APN (MMSC) info is for the CDMA BYOP tracfone?

I wanted to use an after market SMS (ChompSMS) and I can't send/receive picture messages with it.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phone_bob View Post
    I bought a used Droid 3, activated it with a 60 minute card to try it out, and then called Miami to transfer service from my old (dumb) phone. Right up front the agent warned me that I could not transfer minutes back to a non-Android phone. Then she asked me how many minutes were on the new (recipient, Android) phone, which was most of the 180/180/180. She said that those minutes would be erased by the transfer! I asked if she couldn't then add the minutes back, and she said "no", even when I explained that I had heard of this being done. I explained that since I had to buy a used phone for BYOP that I wanted to test it before transferring service, that this did not leave a good way to do so without losing my service or minutes. She didn't budge. She did say something to the effect that if the new phone doesn't work they can make an exception and transfer service back - but I didn't get that clearly since it wasn't an interesting option for me any more. It's also possible she was thinking this was a new tracfone android (even though I'd said it was a used BYOP).

Does anyone else have recent experience transferring service to an active android phone? Is this another change of policy to simplify things for their CS folks (due to numerous screw-ups as accounted in this thread)? Might I have better luck if I get a different person? (she was in Miami and did seem pretty competent)
    That's really annoying. Did she say WHY they won't add the minutes back? TracFone has always combined minutes if the receiving phone already had minutes and service days on it - after all, we did pay for them to begin with. I feel like they should just fix the programming or whatever so that the min automatically combine like on a feature phone. I don't understand why they would void minutes already on the phone.

I got my 'test' minutes added back on via chat. You should try that. They had no problem doing that but that was earlier this year so I don't know if their policy has in fact changed or your rep just decided she no longer adds minutes back on.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone XR
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 6 [AT&T] & iPhone 8 [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10) + iPad Mini 4 w/ T-Mobile LTE

Page 113 of 182 FirstFirst ... 13 63 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 163 ... LastLast