Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 935

Thread: Sprint to acquire T-Mobile in 2014?

  1. #541
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The 909, Southern California
    Posts
    9,949
    Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson16 View Post
    I would sign up for att


    Sent with the HoFo App
    I would move to Verizon full time. I have unlimited with them.

    Sprint is the worst, worse than At&t. Spreading optimistic lies that customers bought 2-3 years ago. Where is the full LTE network deployment, Sprint??? LOL

    Sent from my XT1080

  2. #542
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,013
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So basically, what T-Mobile US really, truly, really, desperately needs is to be free of DT. This is like the same speculation with AT&T all over again and I don't like it. It will end up the same too.
    Bye!

  3. #543
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    mass.
    Posts
    1,058
    Device(s)
    htc/samsung
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile/sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Tmo is on the up and up, but this is not a last gasp for sprint. Had not softbank not purchased sprint you could say that. It kinda cracks me up about all this sprint/tmo talk.. Sprint/tmo have been in talking about this for years now. Remember att came in with a larger bid when sprint was trying to buy tmo back then?

    Tmo CEO and sprint ceo both know for the long term its all about numbers. Sprint nor TMO have them PERIOD. Sprint could lose 10mil and tmo could gain 10mil still doesnt put a dent in vzw/att. Has anyone noticed verizon has done a thing to its pricing? They dont care. Att is moving when they dont really have too.

    Tmo has an awesome LTE network where its available. Tmo also needs sub 1ghz spectrum as the 700 pickup was nice but not nearly enough. with the 600 auction coming up sprint/tmo want to be one to buy it. If they dont it will more than likely go to att or sprint as verizon might not even bid on it.

    If sprint/tmo do get together more than likely tmos ceo will be somewhere very important inside sprint, if not running it.
    Short term meaning now tmo is in a great position, but long term sprint has the spectrum tmo will def need especially if they keep the growth going.
    Batman
    Hit me up

  4. #544
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,125
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________



    Speed achieved using T-Mobile Samsung GS2

  5. #545
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,687
    Device(s)
    Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson16 View Post
    They will, because they were never going to purchase T-Mobile in the first place.

    ^ TMO LTE ^---------------|------St Louis-------|----------------^ ATT LTE ^

  6. #546
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    590
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    0
    Interesting tidbit: DT is seeking EU subsidies for rural Germany. Don't get govt subsidies for rural wireless in the US. I wonder what, if anything, that has to do with their desire to dump T-Mobile.

  7. #547
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,993
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by reuthermonkey View Post
    They will, because they were never going to purchase T-Mobile in the first place.
    That's why continual stories keep coming out about how SoftBank and DT are currently negotiating and how SoftBank has already secured financing. Maybe SoftBank and DT won't reach an agreement but they are definitely talking.

  8. #548
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Baja California / Sinaloa
    Posts
    22,391
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    Interesting tidbit: DT is seeking EU subsidies for rural Germany. Don't get govt subsidies for rural wireless in the US. I wonder what, if anything, that has to do with their desire to dump T-Mobile.
    T-Mobile won $27,440,985.98 from the FCC Mobility Fund Phase I Auction covering 10,939.76 miles of road back in 2013. Provided that they use the funds within a specified timeframe and for 3G/LTE services in the zones they won the bid for they don't have to pay a dime back to the FCC.

    With this money, you can't sit on (or pocket) this cash, you can't buy a bunch donuts, furniture from Herman Miller, hold company parties, hire interns etc, nor can you spend it outside the bid zones.

    http://wireless.fcc.gov/auctions/def...summary&id=901
    Last edited by i0wnj00; 01-20-2014 at 07:16 PM.

  9. #549
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,125
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    T-Mobile won $27,440,985.98 from the FCC Mobility Fund Phase I Auction covering 10,939.76 miles of road back in 2013. Provided that they use the funds within a specified timeframe and for 3G/LTE services in the zones they won the bid for they don't have to pay a dime back to the FCC.

    With this money, you can't sit on (or pocket) this cash, you can't buy a bunch donuts, furniture from Herman Miller, hold company parties, hire interns etc, nor can you spend it outside the bid zones.

    http://wireless.fcc.gov/auctions/def...summary&id=901

    What bands?



    Sent with the HoFo App

  10. #550
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,993
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson16 View Post
    What bands?

    The applicant can use whatever band that they owned. They just had to agree to provide at least 3G service on it:

    "Applicants must describe in more detail the network to be built. As part of that
    description, applicants should identify the network components that will need to be deployed
    (e.g., number of base stations, switching facilities and backhaul capabilities). The detailed
    description should also include the type of technology that will be deployed (e.g., LTE, HSPA,
    EV-DO, etc.) and the type of spectrum (e.g., 700 MHz, Cellular, Broadband PCS, AWS, etc.) to
    be used with the technology. Applicants may demonstrate technical feasibility by explaining
    how the use of this particular technology and spectrum will allow it to meet its public interest
    obligations for 3G or 4G."

    http://www.fcc.gov/document/winning-...y-fund-auction

  11. #551
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,687
    Device(s)
    Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    The applicant can use whatever band that they owned. They just had to agree to provide at least 3G service on it:

    "Applicants must describe in more detail the network to be built. As part of that
    description, applicants should identify the network components that will need to be deployed
    (e.g., number of base stations, switching facilities and backhaul capabilities). The detailed
    description should also include the type of technology that will be deployed (e.g., LTE, HSPA,
    EV-DO, etc.) and the type of spectrum (e.g., 700 MHz, Cellular, Broadband PCS, AWS, etc.) to
    be used with the technology. Applicants may demonstrate technical feasibility by explaining
    how the use of this particular technology and spectrum will allow it to meet its public interest
    obligations for 3G or 4G."

    http://www.fcc.gov/document/winning-...y-fund-auction
    Interesting note: According to the ITU, EDGE is a 3g technology.

  12. #552
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,993
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by reuthermonkey View Post
    Interesting note: According to the ITU, EDGE is a 3g technology.
    That may be, but I doubt any applicant won an award with EDGE.

  13. #553
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    568
    Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobil
    Feedback Score
    0

  14. #554
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,993
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Verhouzen View Post
    Since Legere already worked for Son it makes sense they keep him around to run it all.

  15. #555
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,125
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Verhouzen View Post
    Maybe they trying to get tmobile or rather DT to take over sprint and turn them around.


    Sent with the HoFo App

Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sprint to acquire Virgin Mobile USA
    By Evan702 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 05:24 PM
  2. Will Sprint Acquire Virgin Mobile ....
    By vmobi in forum Virgin Mobile USA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 03:09 PM
  3. any sprint pcs AND t-mobile users here
    By timhorton1998 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-26-2002, 01:15 PM
  4. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 10-11-2002, 12:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks