Thread: Jailbreak out for iOS 7

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I did the jailbreak already and it works fine, however none of the apps in Cydia have been updated to iOS 7.xx yet. I'd say wait a few days at least before running the jailbreak and see what happens with the Cydia apps.

We've gone so long without these tweaks I forgot what were the ones I liked the best.

If you really want to do the jailbreak, go directly to the: evasi0n.com website for the download. Takes about 5 minutes to JailBreak and it's a one button click process.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if I cant untether jailbreak an iphone 4 on 6.1.3? I dont want to update it becuase of ios 7 performance.

Sent from my SPH-L720
    Verizon iPhone 6

Device(s)
    Samsung x427m
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular for 8 yrs;
    Feedback Score
    The last I read, there might be a 6.1.x JB after JB 7 came out.
    No idea if the developers will follow through.
    http://blog.ih8sn0w.com/
    Personally, I'm running IOS 5 (JB) on my iPhone 4, & IOS 6 (not JB) on my 4S, and have no plans for iOS 7., So long as I can avoid it.
    now with H2O, after Straight Talk LTE sim debacle 4th Quarter 2013.
    Currently on locked AT&T iPhone 4S. (backup: iPhone 4)
    iOS: 7.1.2, carrier: AT&T 16.0 , modem: 5.2.00 , Data & MMS just fine.
    Previously at: iOS 6.1.3, carrier 14.2, modem 3.4.03 .

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This is fully possible now but more complicated im very happy because ios 7 is ugly and ruins performance

http://blog.ih8sn0w.com/2013/12/613-...ckage.html?m=1

Sent from my SPH-L720

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Correction this only works on A4 devices like iPod 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4

Sent from my SPH-L720

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This may be the wrong place to ask for advice on this, if so could any of you guys point me to the correct place?

I am new to iPhone and iOS in general. I am familiar with the rooting process and the installation of various ROMs on Android. I had read or heard at one point there was a fairly significant chance of bricking Apple devices when attempting to jailbreak it, is this the case? Or is it basically the same as Android where even the most "bricked" devices can be recovered relatively simply?

What does Jailbreaking allow me to do that Apple doesn't want me to do? Thanks guys.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I liken the jailbreak to installing a launcher on Android, and then some, almost like installing a custom rom, without actually installing it. There are tweaks and the such that will allow you to customize the phone and the OS more to how you like. Such as being able to have more than 4 apps in the dock, changing the carrier name, adding and removing things from the notification area, etc. Those tweaks may not be optimized for iOS 7 yet though, so if it were me, I would wait. Jailbreaking allows you access to Cydia, which I consider to be like the App store, but often contains cracked apps, and sometimes shady practices. If you are careful, and do your research, you should be OK once you jailbreak.

When I had an iPhone, on some occasions, I would need to remove a tweak because it would cause the phone to crash or raise some sort of an issue like excessive battery wear, etc. I never bricked the device, but I was also careful in what I installed.
    Current Device: Apple iPhone 5S
    Space Grey - 32GB