Thread: Need help to transfer unlimited data from one line to another on Verizon

Feedback Score

Need help to transfer unlimited data from one line to another on Verizon

Hopefully this can be done. I need to transfer an unlimited data number from one account to another. Bare with me for a moment and I will explain the exact conditions I am trying to meet:

(1)Have a family member with a Verizon account that currently has a smartphone with unlimited data. The phone is a 3g device so I will 1st need to get a 4g sim to activate one of my old 4g phones I will be giving to said family member.

(2)I have a seperate accout with a Nationwide family share plan. We have 4 lines on this plan. MY phone has unlimited data, but my GFs phone does not. I am trying to get the unlimited from my other family members account onto my account.

From my research this is what I understand that I need to do in order to make it happen:
    Change phone number on account (1)
    Port the removed phone number from account (1) to say GoogleVoice
    Transfer that number/line to my account (2) [keeping the unlimited data with it]
    Port my GFs number out of my account (2) to the line transfer in to my accout [the one with the unlimited data]
    Family member can then create a new share plan (1) where both people on that plan can share mins and data
    Once account (1) is on a new plan, port the old number back in

Only issue I am seeing here is that I may not be able to get the unlimited back onto my accounts (2) family share plan, thus making it a separate line needing its own mins and data. Unless there is a way around this that I have yet to discover. Ideally I would like to have both MY phone w/unlt'd and GFs phone w/unlt'd on the existing share plan.
    Can I skip porting the phone numbers to GoogleVoice and port them elsewhere? To my understanding porting to GV then requires you to pay $20 to be able to port that number out again.
    I already have 2 GV acconts and numbers and my GF has 1. I will even port them to another provider if necessary (got a few old phones laying around I could flash to Cricket or something).

Any input is greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 MetroPCS, iPhone 5S Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I would think it would save $40 in porting fees if you just ported the GF # to the Family members UL line first. Then after that process is complete (24 hours) then do the AOL to get the Family members UL line on your account.

Feedback Score
    Wouldnt porting the GF # to the UL line delete the unlimited? To my understanding the only way to change the number on the UL would be to just change it to a random number cause "features" follow the tele#. Correct me if im wrong.

So is my assumption correct in that we cannot get the UL back onto the family plan? It must remain its own tele line?