Thread: Best Sprint MVNO option with BYOSD

Feedback Score

Best Sprint MVNO option with BYOSD

I'm looking at different Sprint MVNOs and trying to find one with unlimited LTE data, BYOSD, and the lowest monthly cost after all taxes and fees. Roaming on Verizon would be nice, but it only seems that Ting & Zact have roaming. I know about Boost Shrinkage and Virgin Mobile's plans but there are other I'm sure that I don't know about. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Device(s)
    Samsung x427m
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular for 8 yrs;
    Feedback Score
    I don't speak Sprint, but...
    ...did you look at the Stickie as a starting place?
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...roadband-MVNOs
    now with H2O, after Straight Talk LTE sim debacle 4th Quarter 2013.
    Currently on locked AT&T iPhone 4S. (backup: iPhone 4)
    iOS: 7.1.2, carrier: AT&T 16.0 , modem: 5.2.00 , Data & MMS just fine.
    Previously at: iOS 6.1.3, carrier 14.2, modem 3.4.03 .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dhduff View Post
    I'm looking at different Sprint MVNOs and trying to find one with unlimited LTE data, BYOSD, and the lowest monthly cost after all taxes and fees. Roaming on Verizon would be nice, but it only seems that Ting & Zact have roaming. I know about Boost Shrinkage and Virgin Mobile's plans but there are other I'm sure that I don't know about. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    "Unlimited LTE data?" Maybe Expo mobile, Red Pocket Cdma Sprint or Prepayd. They all have unlimited plans with LTE . All have hidden caps though. Expo has a confirmed minute cap of 3000. Red Pocket is unknown but their gsm has a 15000 minute cap. Prepayd has a cap but I'm not sure what it is. Of course, "unlimited" is qualified with unlimited throttle so it's all relative. Red Pocket would be closest to Virgin Mobile's plans. Prepayd is probably more similar to Boost. Expo is pretty new. Prepayd is one of the larger new Sprint mvnos so has some credibility plus about half of all byosd activations happened on their system so they are very experienced with byosd . http://www.marketwatch.com/story/pre...k=MW_news_stmp

Feedback Score
    As Prepayd is supposed to be a relatively big Sprint mvno, I wish there were more people talking about this service somewhere. Perhaps this is done elsewhere? Their master dealer had a forum (which is still down), but I do not recall too many people talking about Prepayd over there.

Here, about the only notable thread I can remember was when a poster from Prepayd was threatening people who were saying that the company was about to introduce byosd. Come to think of it, that was hilarious.

Feedback Score
    Ok, after looking at a list of Sprint MVNOs here's what I've found:
    $35 - RedPocket Mobile CDMA - 300 min/Unlimited text & data
    $50 - RedPocket Mobile CDMA - Unlimited talk, txt, data
    $53? - Voyager Mobile - Unlimited & unthrottled everything
    There are others but they're either more expensive or I read so so reviews on them. Any input on RedPocket or Voyager??

Feedback Score
    There are others but they're either more expensive or I read so so reviews on them. Any input on RedPocket or Voyager??
    Somebody pointed out that Red Pocket's plans are similar to Virgin Mobile with better byosd. I don't know much about Voyager but I trust RP more because their gsm side has been around a lot longer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan Edogawa View Post
    As Prepayd is supposed to be a relatively big Sprint mvno, I wish there were more people talking about this service somewhere. Perhaps this is done elsewhere? Their master dealer had a forum (which is still down), but I do not recall too many people talking about Prepayd over there.

Here, about the only notable thread I can remember was when a poster from Prepayd was threatening people who were saying that the company was about to introduce byosd. Come to think of it, that was hilarious.
    I not talk much about Prepayd because mods can see it as "advertising" but Prepayd is doing very strong and keep the eye on that , because very soon all plans will be revamp. Also Prepayd now is everywhere , all over US , more of 6k dealers and going up, so BYOSP & Refills is not a issue.
    Thanks
    ACRS

Feedback Score
    When I looked on Red Pocket's website it says unlimited data but when you click into the individual plans it says 4GB. I don't typically use that much data so it shouldn't be an issue but it also says its throttled after 2.5GB. Just putting that put there.

Feedback Score
    So is anyone here using RedPocket? How is their customer service? I signed up with ChitChat Mobile last month and all I can say is that their customer service is HORRIBLE!! Basically took me two weeks to get my number ported and service working correctly. I'd be bringing my Note 2 and my wife's iPhone 5.

Carrier(s)
    Ting - R+ - Lyca - BYO - Selectel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan Edogawa View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Acrs View Post
    I not talk much about Prepayd because mods can see it as "advertising" but Prepayd is doing very strong and keep the eye on that , because very soon all plans will be revamp. Also Prepayd now is everywhere , all over US , more of 6k dealers and going up, so BYOSP & Refills is not a issue.
    Thanks
    ACRS
    What is there to talk about with Prepayd? 35 has no data - 40 - 45 plans has "Mobile Web" access? $50 for Sprint 3G and $60 for 4G LTE and throttled for "excessive use", but both chat and over the phone refused to tell at what point they will throttle you. I simply don't see anything even remotely competitive about their plans and why they would attract so many? I think the "bigness" around Prepayd is nothing more than hype, but that is just my opinion.

Feedback Score
    I think the 'bigness' comes into play when you're considering the stability of a provider. Ask people who took a chance on NextG felt when they realized their service was going out of business and they were at risk of losing their number. I've had my number for 15 years and I wouldn't want to lose it. What you describe of Prepayd's lack of response on what is excessive use is not surprising (see Straight Talk and others). Unlimited data sounds nice, but really how much data do you need? I'm considering RedPocket on the Sprint side and Page Plus on the Verizon side.

Feedback Score
    Prepayd is pretty big. Four times bigger then Ting. Prepayd's parent company is a financial services corporation. I'm surprised they don't have their own forum . I'd say I'd use them or Red Pocket over say Republic or Zing or any of the new mvnos that popped up last week.

Feedback Score
    Page Plus is awesome. I've used them off and on for years. I have my wife's iPhone 4 on there currently with no problems. Going to try and port over to Red Pocket today and put the horror of Chit Chat mobile behind me.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk