Thread: Just gave up my T-Mobile totally unlimited no throttle for ATT 300mb

Feedback Score

Just gave up my T-Mobile totally unlimited no throttle for ATT 300mb

yea so I just switch from tmo to att. Reason was my area just does not have good coverage with T-Mobile. I have to be in the major city, "Cincinnati" to really take advantage of it, and I am on the out skirts.

So now I have ATT 300mb but I know I will miss totally unlimited data and while the coverage sucked "for me" I am thinking maybe I should have just kept that and got an ATT prepaid sim or even a ATT hotspot. Any thoughts? I am able to Switch-Back to TMO for 90 days and get the same plan. They even waived my early term fee because of my area.

I kind of just think I would rather have better data coverage that is limited than no so good coverage that is unlimited. ANY Thoughts? Or Suggestions? Thanks

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What kind of coverage did you have with T-Mobile? Edge data? Roaming? Voice roaming? Explain a little more why you disliked it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vtrossi View Post
    What kind of coverage did you have with T-Mobile? Edge data? Roaming? Voice roaming? Explain a little more why you disliked it.
    well in the home if I didn't use wifi calling calls would break up. And small trips around my home area would often fall out of service or to unusable 2g.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by club27 View Post
    well in the home if I didn't use wifi calling calls would break up. And small trips around my home area would often fall out of service or to unusable 2g.
    What speed Internet service do you have at home? Do you share the Internet with other users (family)? You might be able to set QoS priorities in your WiFi router to favor WiFi calling. I agree, if you have poor service at home that's a pretty big reason to pick a different carrier. I have an AirVoice SIM I can activate and use for voice fall-back if I decide to go someplace where I know T-Mobile won't work. I keep it as a sort of parachute, just in case. But then I get T-Mobile 3G service at home.
    Last edited by DRNewcomb; 01-13-2014 at 10:42 AM. Reason: punct.
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why not move to an AT&T MVNO ? At least you'd get a considerable more amount of data for a cheaper cost.
    Personal Plans:
    Plan 1: - Virgin Mobile 10GB BYOP - $54

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Maybe even better: GoPhone. I, too, tried T-Mobile once, but even outside, reception was nil (half a block in any direction it was much improved). I had ST ATT for 18 mos then moved to Go Phone. BIG improvement for me. LTE has even arrived in our rural south central Florida cow town (had to mention cattle as their pastures seem to have some of the strongest signals), but since I don't live in the pastures, I only get HSPA at home where I have Wi-Fi anyway. $54. month. Period.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    yea so I just switch from tmo to att. Reason was my area just does not have good coverage with T-Mobile. I have to be in the major city, "Cincinnati" to really take advantage of it, and I am on the out skirts.

So now I have ATT 300mb but I know I will miss totally unlimited data and while the coverage sucked "for me" I am thinking maybe I should have just kept that and got an ATT prepaid sim or even a ATT hotspot. Any thoughts? I am able to Switch-Back to TMO for 90 days and get the same plan. They even waived my early term fee because of my area.

I kind of just think I would rather have better data coverage that is limited than no so good coverage that is unlimited. ANY Thoughts? Or Suggestions? Thanks

I agree that AT&T works better in your area so no hard feelings.

If I were you I'd try to avoid signing up for any long term contracts. If T-mobile improves in your area after the 700 MHz spectrum is built out you can always go back.

Best of luck.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/534.30)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny4G

I agree that AT&T works better in your area so no hard feelings.

If I were you I'd try to avoid signing up for any long term contracts. If T-mobile improves in your area after the 700 MHz spectrum is built out you can always go back.

Best of luck.
    Be aware of that, band 12 isn't nationwide (fortunately, Tri-State areas are covered).

Optimum/Cablevision

Feedback Score
    If tmobile is not good for you but att is then put that line on aio

Ya get 7gb plus throttled to 256kbps

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Iphone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Use what works best in your area, for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyedance View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/534.30)

Be aware of that, band 12 isn't nationwide (fortunately, Tri-State areas are covered).
    Yeah I noticed that as well... The new spectrum benefits me but for a lot of areas it doesn't cover them at all. And that's on top of the fact that T-Mobile has to actually build out the network with 700Mhz antennas, upgrades, etc...

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coorey View Post
    Yeah I noticed that as well... The new spectrum benefits me but for a lot of areas it doesn't cover them at all. And that's on top of the fact that T-Mobile has to actually build out the network with 700Mhz antennas, upgrades, etc...
    And then they have to actually get phones that work on those frequencies into the hands of customers.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Why get 300mb when you get get 2+GB through an ATT MVNO?

^ TMO LTE ^---------------|------St Louis-------|----------------^ ATT LTE ^

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coorey View Post
    But for tmobile to promise to have 700A phone by end of Q4 2014 means that they are working fast to add 700A towers.

Sent with the HoFo App
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

Speed achieved using T-Mobile Samsung GS2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchea View Post
    Maybe even better: GoPhone. I, too, tried T-Mobile once, but even outside, reception was nil (half a block in any direction it was much improved). I had ST ATT for 18 mos then moved to Go Phone. BIG improvement for me. LTE has even arrived in our rural south central Florida cow town (had to mention cattle as their pastures seem to have some of the strongest signals), but since I don't live in the pastures, I only get HSPA at home where I have Wi-Fi anyway. $54. month. Period.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    The gophone might be better, I did the normal ATT becuase of the $200 dollar credit to switch over.