Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ST Nano SIM

Feedback Score

ST Nano SIM

ST Nano SIM is now in the Walmart ST BYOP SIM Kit. I helped a friend setup his new ATT branded iPhone 5s yesterday and told him to pick up a SIM kit from Walmart expecting I would have to cut it down for him with my nano sim cutter but when we opened up the kit it already had a precut nano sim - actually 2 of them - it was confusing though because the paper work called it a micro sim when it was obviously a nano sim and it was a blue colored card. The other nano SIM card was pink colored and properly called a nano sim but was also called an ATT SIM card which confused me because I thought the pink cards were t-mobile? At any rate, we used the blue ATT nano sim and he is getting 4g LTE on his iPhone 5s. Just an FYI if it hasn't already been talked about.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Samsung x427m
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular for 8 yrs;
    Feedback Score
    We knew they had to be coming.
    Thanks for confirmation.
    Next is for them to offer nano Sims on the web site.
    ps: nano Sims are thinner, too.
    Notice how much more flexible the card is they come on.
    now with H2O, after Straight Talk LTE sim debacle 4th Quarter 2013.
    Currently on locked AT&T iPhone 4S. (backup: iPhone 4)
    iOS: 7.1.2, carrier: AT&T 16.0 , modem: 5.2.00 , Data & MMS just fine.
    Previously at: iOS 6.1.3, carrier 14.2, modem 3.4.03 .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Anole View Post
    We knew they had to be coming.
    Thanks for confirmation.
    Next is for them to offer nano Sims on the web site.
    ps: nano Sims are thinner, too.
    Notice how much more flexible the card is they come on.
    That is true they are thinner. I brought my nail file thinking I'd have to sand down the SIM card but no need to fuss with that any more!

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    That is good news.. I always keep a couple of sims for backups and for people that ask how to get on ST.

Feedback Score
    how did u set apns ,, or did they set themselves ,, what was the steps u took on the iphone 5s

Quote Originally Posted by androidnewbie2 View Post
    ST Nano SIM is now in the Walmart ST BYOP SIM Kit. I helped a friend setup his new ATT branded iPhone 5s yesterday and told him to pick up a SIM kit from Walmart expecting I would have to cut it down for him with my nano sim cutter but when we opened up the kit it already had a precut nano sim - actually 2 of them - it was confusing though because the paper work called it a micro sim when it was obviously a nano sim and it was a blue colored card. The other nano SIM card was pink colored and properly called a nano sim but was also called an ATT SIM card which confused me because I thought the pink cards were t-mobile? At any rate, we used the blue ATT nano sim and he is getting 4g LTE on his iPhone 5s. Just an FYI if it hasn't already been talked about.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stangjames View Post
    how did u set apns ,, or did they set themselves ,, what was the steps u took on the iphone 5s
    1. Put ST ATT NANO SIM in iPhone 5s
    2. Using wifi on iPhone 5s and Safari browser go to this website and download and install this iapnupdatetfdata.straighttalk.com
    3. Turn off wifi to enable data
    4. Go to settings / general / about to get the notification to download carrier firmware 15.7
    5. Test phone data / text / voice

This is what worked for my friends phone your results may vary

If your phone doesn't say LTE it will probably say 3G but don't worry it is really 4g

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    (androidnewbie2 ) ok tks was that info in the kit u bought at walmart tks

Feedback Score
    no that info was emailed to my friend after he called straight talk to activate new service and port over his phone number from a different carrier

here it is copy and pasted:

1. While on WiFi, open Safari and type in the url http://iapnupdatetfdata.straighttalk.com/ and tap Go.
    2. Safari closes and an Install Profile opens. Tap Install.
    3. You would get a popup to install a new profile. Tap Install Now (You might be asked to enter your pass code, sometimes.)
    4. Tap Done.
    5. At this point you can exit your browser, turn off WiFi, and re-boot your phone. Make sure you turned the power off, not just put it to sleep.
    6. Now after restarting the phone, tap Settings->WiFi->Off to turn off WiFi. Try opening any website from your Safari browser now to ensure your data connection is working.

If webpage loads, then congratulations, you have setup the data connection in your iPhone! However if this doesn’t work then try downloading other Carrier APN profiles from the Straight Talk web site. But you can only have one APN profile installed at a time, So each time you want to install a new profile, you need to remove the old one first. To remove the old settings follow these steps:

Tap Settings -> General -> Profile

Tap Remove. Tap Remove.

Now again, to install the other two carrier apn settings, use the below two url and follow the same steps as mentioned before.

http://iapnupdateatt.straighttalk.com
    http://iapnupdate.straighttalk.com/

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    You shouldn't have to use either of those steps. All you need is to update to iOS 7.04 (optional), update carrier to TFW 15.6 or 15.7 and install new TFdata sim card, activate it and you're done. No more APN profiles to install or anything. In some cases MMS takes a day or so to start working.

I have activated 3 for my family and 10 others this way with no problem!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mpitts18 View Post
    You shouldn't have to use either of those steps. All you need is to update to iOS 7.04 (optional), update carrier to TFW 15.6 or 15.7 and install new TFdata sim card, activate it and you're done. No more APN profiles to install or anything. In some cases MMS takes a day or so to start working.

I have activated 3 for my family and 10 others this way with no problem!
    how did u get to the update 7.04 an then how to get to the tfw 15.6 an 15.7 i have i phone 5

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Go to settings>general>software update update to 7.04.

First of all what sim card do you have? It should be a blue card frame from Straight Talk and if you ordered a microsim it should have this model number on it TF64PSIMC4MB.

For carrier update do the same except after general tap about and scroll down with your finger. It should propmpt you to install the mew carrier update.

First do the iOS update. It may take 20-30 minutes to complete with the restarting and all that it does.

After the iOS and carrier updates uninstall any apn profiles that you may have installed.

Feedback Score
    ok tks alot

Quote Originally Posted by mpitts18 View Post
    Go to settings>general>software update update to 7.04.

First of all what sim card do you have? It should be a blue card frame from Straight Talk and if you ordered a microsim it should have this model number on it TF64PSIMC4MB.

For carrier update do the same except after general tap about and scroll down with your finger. It should propmpt you to install the mew carrier update.

First do the iOS update. It may take 20-30 minutes to complete with the restarting and all that it does.

After the iOS and carrier updates uninstall any apn profiles that you may have installed.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just ported my wife (and her iPhone 4S) from AT&T.

Initially, the carrier ID said AT&T. Went into General --> About and the carrier ID changed to "TFW 3G."

Is this correct? Does she get 4G HSPA+ on this? Any further settings to get MMS/SMS working?

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Depends on the carrier update installed. Go to settings>general>about scroll down and see if it says TFW 15.6 or 15.7. If it says 15.7 it is the same as ATT 4g (faux g)

Carrier(s)
    Straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Remember, having a profile installed can actually PREVENT your MMS from working. Since you cannot put MMS settings in installed profiles on iPhones, having one installed puts a "blank" space where the normal carrier profile settings would be, since installed profiles override carrier settings. remove the profile and MMS settings will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast