Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sprint Framily - Worth It?

Feedback Score

Sprint Framily - Worth It?

I got an invite to join someone's Framily plan (friend of mine for a long time) I believe based on the ad I found and I saw some things that looked cool about this plan: 1) each line is accountable for itself, 2) the price per month isn't that bad if you get enough people, 3) 1GB is a usable amount of data.

So I got some questions.

1) I live in a network that I think Sprint is decent in but never had much chance to test (Chit Chat flip phone, but I know we have LTE). Would it work decently for having a smartphone?
    2) Are the phone prices pretty decent?
    3) Is Sprint worth going to over any of the other 3 carriers?
    4) Do they do a credit check on this plan and if you have bad credit, can you even sign up? If so, how big will the deposit be?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I think there is a credit check. It is no-contract but still postpaid.

What network are you on now? What are your usage and price per month?

Sprint speeds are probably the worst of the 4 carriers. I'm generally satisfied and have been either a postpaid or prepaid customer of theirs for about 6 years now.

I think they have a 14 day return policy so you could try before you fully commit. A google play Nexus 5 will work on 3 of the big 4 (just not allowed on VZ) so if you aren't satisfied, you can take it to another carrier (N5 is the only phone that allows this).

Feedback Score
    It would fit my usage needs. I mainly use data so it would be OK. If the network is usable I can probably live with it.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    The thing that concerns me about the plan is Sprint has said in the fine print that they reserve the right to give other plans prioritized bandwidth availability. So Sprint will cut the quality of your service in favor of other people. That is pretty crappy.

Feedback Score
    Sprint was recently marketing an unlimited everything plan including talk, text, and data. I don't know if they are still offering the same plans, but it would be worth looking into. When we first purchased our Sprint phones we had issues. The person who sold us on the phones told us we had at least 3G where we live, but we didn't. We were a little upset at first because we couldn't justify paying the monthly fees for data we couldn't use. After a few months they managed to update the towers in our area and we had 3G in no time. Now I have no complaints at all about the service or the plan.

Feedback Score
    I know the network should be decent here so I think it'll be okay that way, but as far as price, that's a dang good price.

Device(s)
    w370
    Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    compare everything to what you are paying now.

**Monthly charges exclude taxes & Sprint Surcharges [incl. USF charge of up to 16.4% (varies quarterly), up to $2.50 Admin. & .40 Reg. /line/mo.) & fees by area (approx. 5-20%)]. Surcharges are not taxes. See sprint.com/taxesandfees.

Offers end 3/13/2014. Activ. Fee: $36/line. Credit approval required.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
    I got an invite to join someone's Framily plan (friend of mine for a long time) I believe based on the ad I found and I saw some things that looked cool about this plan: 1) each line is accountable for itself, 2) the price per month isn't that bad if you get enough people, 3) 1GB is a usable amount of data.

So I got some questions.

1) I live in a network that I think Sprint is decent in but never had much chance to test (Chit Chat flip phone, but I know we have LTE). Would it work decently for having a smartphone?
    2) Are the phone prices pretty decent?
    3) Is Sprint worth going to over any of the other 3 carriers?
    4) Do they do a credit check on this plan and if you have bad credit, can you even sign up? If so, how big will the deposit be?
    1. My area is being upgraded and Sprint has been great for me since about this time last year. It really depends on where you live though although it should continue to get better for most the country.

2. I don't know what your budget is but you can get a Nexus 5 or a Moto X for 300-400 new. Alternatively you can also find cheap phones on ebay. The good thing about Nexus 5 is you can use it on TMobile too.

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So if you get 7 people its 25 a person plus the 20 for unlimited and the G2 and s4 mini are free right now. Its a one year contract then next year we can upgrade to different phone and renew

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    So if you get 7 people its 25 a person plus the 20 for unlimited and the G2 and s4 mini are free right now. Its a one year contract then next year we can upgrade to different phone and renew

wait adding 20$ on top of the 25. 45 = unlimited data? tell more?

Sent with the HoFo App
    Mapping Central Illinois:
    RepublicWireless(Sprint)->
    Cricket(At&t)->
    Verizon Prepaid(no ex-data agreement)->
    T-Mobile (No true building penetration)

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    G2 and s4 mini are free right now. Its a one year contract then next year we can upgrade to different phone and renew

No. These plans do not come with a subsidized phone. You have to pay full price for the phone. This is Sprints half baked answer to TMobiles Uncarrier plan but the website doesn't explain it well. Tmobile is still a better deal. Their phone prices are cheaper. For example iPhone 5c on TMobile is $500, Sprints is $550. Also, there is no $36 activation fee at TMo. Just the $10 sim card fee.

As far as the one year thing, you can trade in your phone after one year and buy a brand new one at full price and only if you're on the $20 data plan. TMobiles version is you pay a $10 a month fee to get Jump which also includes phone insurance.

Sent with

Device(s)
    htc/samsung
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile/sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djjim View Post
    No. These plans do not come with a subsidized phone. You have to pay full price for the phone. This is Sprints half baked answer to TMobiles Uncarrier plan but the website doesn't explain it well. Tmobile is still a better deal. Their phone prices are cheaper. For example iPhone 5c on TMobile is $500, Sprints is $550. Also, there is no $36 activation fee at TMo. Just the $10 sim card fee.

As far as the one year thing, you can trade in your phone after one year and buy a brand new one at full price and only if you're on the $20 data plan. TMobiles version is you pay a $10 a month fee to get Jump which also includes phone insurance.

Sent with

I swear these companies are robbing us, and getting more BECAUSE of the "uncarrier" philosophy
    Just to add to what you where saying about prices assuming it 1 line for each:

Sprint Tmo

$55 talk/text
    $20 unlimited data/yr upgrade
    $22.91 for the phone($550)
    $11 insurance there is an $8 ins also

$108.91 total

Tmo

$50 talk/txt
    $20 unlimited data
    $20.83 for the phone
    $10 for upgrade and insurance

$100.83 total

As you can see Djjm is right about tmo being cheaper as long as my addition is correct
    this is before taxes and all the other BS they charge us for.
    Tmo is cheaper until you get to 7 lines on sprint with framily then sprint becomes cheaper because only YOU are responsible for your line. Tmo is a family line so hopefully everyone pays their part or someone gets stuck with a big bill. kinda a wash i would say
    Last edited by Dnicekid; 01-25-2014 at 06:23 PM.
    Batman
    Hit me up

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=djjim;15336783]No. These plans do not come with a subsidized phone. You have to pay full price for the phone. This is Sprints half baked answer to TMobiles Uncarrier plan but the website doesn't explain it well. Tmobile is still a better deal. Their phone prices are cheaper. For example iPhone 5c on TMobile is $500, Sprints is $550. Also, there is no $36 activation fee at TMo. Just the $10 sim card fee.

Sent with[/QUOTE
    Its subsidized if you opt for the unlimited data. You trade in every year

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Stinger;15336818]
    Quote Originally Posted by djjim View Post
    Its subsidized if you opt for the unlimited data. You trade in every year

Link? I don't think this is correct.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnicekid View Post
    I swear these companies are robbing us, and getting more BECAUSE of the "uncarrier" philosophy
    Just to add to what you where saying about prices assuming it 1 line for each:

Sprint Tmo

$55 talk/text $50 talk/txt
    $20 unlimited data/yr upgrade $20 unlimited data
    $22.91 for the phone($550) $20.83 for the phone
    $11 insurance there is an $8 ins also $10 for upgrade and insurance

$108.91 total

Tmo

$50 talk/txt
    $20 unlimited data
    $20.83 for the phone
    $10 for upgrade and insurance

$100.83 total

As you can see Djjm is right about tmo being cheaper as long as my addition is correct
    this is before taxes and all the other BS they charge us for.
    Tmo is cheaper until you get to 7 lines on sprint with framily then sprint becomes cheaper because only YOU are responsible for your line. Tmo is a family line so hopefully everyone pays their part or someone gets stuck with a big bill. kinda a wash i would say
    One nice thing about Tmobile is employer discounts come off the entire bill including taxes. Sprints only comes off the 20$ data. Although sprints discounts are usually bigger percentages.

Sent with the HoFo App

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast