Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Uncarrier - Needs a lot of Work

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile / Verizon
    Feedback Score

Uncarrier - Needs a lot of Work

Since signing up with Tmobile, I have made no less than 44 calls and counting, spoken to a good 60 reps, to get them to fix systemic errors on their side. With every call, there is a new story that was never mentioned by any one of the previous reps.

I am still waiting, over a month later, for them to process refunds on 2 handsets that I returned in December. I have accumulated $160 in fees while waiting and hearing how awesome "uncarrier" is for everyone. As it stands, I am in the negative of at least $400+ for joining this budget metro carrier.

To add insult to injury, they held me hostage from going to another carrier for 2 weeks, all while they took their time to unlock two other handsets that I purchased MSRP.

When I ran the figures recently, I soon realized that T-mobile actually comes out more expensive in the short-term, particularly for anyone who wants to leave them.

Tmobile: $1,538
    AT&T: $1,188

In fact, it would actually come out cheaper with AT&T, as they allow me to leave the first month. Whereas, Tmobile has held me hostage until the EIPs are removed from the account, nearly 2 months and counting now.
    Last edited by aka414; 01-24-2014 at 03:24 PM.

Feedback Score
    Oh look, it's you again.

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by desertflyer View Post
    Oh look, it's you again.

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06
    Indeed. Folks need to know what they are getting themselves into when dealing with this 2-bit sham Walmart carrier.

Feedback Score
    this should be titled EIP is a joke as Uncarrier does what they say it does they paid my ETF's to switch over and switching over saved me $$$

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markmp3z View Post
    this should be titled EIP is a joke as Uncarrier does what they say it does they paid my ETF's to switch over and switching over saved me $$$
    Uncarrier wasn't about saving money, as tmobile was always cheaper. Uncarrier was supposed to be about "freedom - contract free".

So you tell me what sort of "freedom" there is when new handsets that we pay MSRP are locked to tmobile.

Tell me what sort of freedom there is when we are forced to stick around for 2 extra months, while their 'systems' remove EIP payments; having been warned by reps that transferring away before this will cause problems.

In addition, unable to transfer away another line, because there is a pending refund that nobody seems to take responsibility for.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I could see where the eip can cause frustration and in some situations its not the best. I think uncarrier is a great thing that goes way beyond the eip. The eip is only one aspect of it. My complaint about eip is some of the phone prices seem too high, but that's just me.

Overall I'd consider uncarrier to be a huge success so far and def what the market needed.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The sky is falling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CrzyP View Post
    The sky is falling!

Again...and, will again, I'm sure.

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CrzyP View Post
    The sky is falling!

You're right. Why don't you send me the $400, then I too will sit all relaxed. Not to mention, add $600 for the time I wasted dealing with their imbecilic reps.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus 128GB Space Grey (SIM Free)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aka414 View Post
    So you tell me what sort of "freedom" there is when new handsets that we pay MSRP are locked to tmobile
    Are you saying that if you pay for the phone in full without the installment plan it is still locked? You don't mention the device but if it were an iPhone and that was their policy, I'd get one from Apple directly and avoid the lock altogether.
    --
    I support the right to keep and arm bears.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Since signing up with Tmobile, I have made no less than 44 calls and counting to get them to fix errors on their side. With every call, there is a new story that was never mentioned by any one of the previous reps.

Still waiting over a month later for them to process refunds on returned handsets. $160 in fees down the drain while waiting, all while they beat their chest about "uncarrier". So far, I am in the negative of at least $400+ for joining this budget carrier.

To add insult to injury, they held me hostage from going elsewhere for 2 weeks, while they unlocked other 2 handsets that I paid MSRP.

For 3 months worth of service and then a disconnection, here is the cost:

Tmobile: $1,538
    AT&T: $1,058 - as I can disconnect at 2 months without an issue. Just pay disc fee.

In fact, AT&T's would have been cheaper as they would have allowed me to leave the first month. Whereas, Tmobile has held me hostage until the EIP are removed from the account, for the returned handsets.
    Hey man. Cool story ya got there. You really helped out with your detailed summary of why you've talked to T-Mobile 44 times, which handsets you're returning, etc. Thanks for that.
    So yeah, hope everything works out for you and whatever.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. It's a rant with no actually topics up for discussion. There's a forum already for that -> http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...ecommendations

^ TMO LTE ^---------------|------St Louis-------|----------------^ ATT LTE ^

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I'm sorry that T-Mobile didn't work out for aka414. No wireless carrier works for everyone, that's why there are several you can pick from. Better luck with your next carrier.
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n2jtx View Post
    Are you saying that if you pay for the phone in full without the installment plan it is still locked? You don't mention the device but if it were an iPhone and that was their policy, I'd get one from Apple directly and avoid the lock altogether.
    Yes. Unfortunately, nowhere is it stated that a handset that you just purchase MSRP, will be locked to TMobile. Worse off, that tmobiles has the authority to prevent a handset from being used on another service.
    Last edited by aka414; 01-24-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I'm sorry that T-Mobile didn't work out for aka414. No wireless carrier works for everyone, that's why there are several you can pick from. Better luck with your next carrier.
    The LTE speeds are great where the network worked. The voice quality is great where it worked too. However, their backend systems are clearly plagued with huge (systemic) problems. Particularly when combined with the fact the no one rep ever had the same answer, which does say a lot.

Like I also pointed out, it's a complete scam that while they advertise "uncarrier", they make it almost impossible to leave without a huge loss; without wasting your time trying to get out from them.

Two months worth of fees plus the 3+ hours of calls, holding and being transferred from call center to another really adds up and eliminated the $15 savings for this metro network rapidly. Not to mention, being forced not to move within a building while on the phone, didn't help either.
    Last edited by aka414; 01-24-2014 at 03:46 PM.

Feedback Score
    The LTE speeds are great where the network worked. The voice quality is great where it worked too. However, their backend systems are clearly plagued with huge (systemic) problems. Particularly when combined with the fact the no one rep ever had the same answer, which does say a lot.

Like I also pointed out, it's a complete scam that while they advertise "uncarrier", they make it almost impossible to leave without a huge loss; without wasting your time trying to get out from them.

Two months worth of fees plus the 3+ hours of calls, holding and being transferred from one low socioeconomic call center to another really adds up and eliminated the $15 savings for this metro network rapidly. Not to mention, being forced not to move within a building while on the phone, didn't help either.

Can you distinguish between no contract and contract? In contract you get a lower price on the phone but you pay a higher price for service versus TMo that you pay for what you see. Your phone is straight out on price, and service is much less and maybe more value than on the contract. But some like to pay a premium for the so perceived network. No where its says the phones are unlocked, if you were smart and use your engineering degree :-) would know and research that before you whine here.

I am also liking the fact that you gloat on your "achievements" and criticize me on my location. FYI, here is the money and here are also the idiots that makes it for me easier to part them from in the IT world. Again, someone that has done their home work.

PS: I am only taking offense for the fact that you whine like a school grader yet you are a grown wo(man) that wants gratification from an online forum. Unless an injustice was done to you that deserves a ripoff report, bbb or an attorney general, spare us of this whine.
    Last edited by remusrm; 01-24-2014 at 03:52 PM.
    "Anything with a SIM"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast