Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Uncarrier - Needs a lot of Work

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile , Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aka414 View Post
    Actually, if you read, it's a two-part problem.

1. They needed full payment of all handsets on an order, in order to unlock even one handset.
    2. They have kept me paying service fees for two months now, while I wait for handset returns to be processed and EIPs to be removed from my account.

The cheaper argument is also moot for the average user.
    2 iphones 5s - 24 months (minimum plan)

Tmobile: $3,218 $180 cheaper
    AT&T: $3,398
    AT&T: $3,198 Refurb 5s $20 cheaper

Therefore, for $7.50 per month, I can have a gun nationwide service. If one is to buy a near new refurb, AT&T is actually cheaper.
    Care to add what you're getting on those plans that you're quoting? I've done the math with those Share Plans AT&T offers and they're way more than $180 over T-Mobile. The only way they even come close is when you have a large group of people sharing a very low amount of data. Which kind of defeats the purpose of having high end smartphones in the first place.

I know they have better coverage than T-Mobile no question. They just don't offer any good data plans.

Feedback Score
    There are plenty more scenarios where T-Mobile comes out much cheaper. It varies a lot based on what phone you choose and how much data you consume. There's also some things that add up to better value for many people too- no data overage charges ever and the option for unlimited high speed data are a couple examples.

Edit: removed my wall of advice because your rambling account of what happened doesn't have enough detail for me to be sure I'm giving the correct advice. All I'll say is good luck.

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shinkinrui View Post
    There are plenty more scenarios where T-Mobile comes out much cheaper. It varies a lot based on what phone you choose and how much data you consume. There's also some things that add up to better value for many people too- no data overage charges ever and the option for unlimited high speed data are a couple examples.

But aside from that, your two big issues are the unlock policy and the buyers remorse return refund policy. The unlock policy we've agreed to disagree on I believe, but the refund for your returned phones appears to be a ball being dropped pretty badly ( if I'm understanding correctly). Again, I would call and talk to someone higher up than a rep. If you were led to believe in any way that you had to keep service for the refund/EIP cancelation to be applied after you returned your phone, that is simply incorrect. You should have been able to hang on to your tracking numbers to verify the phones arrived at the return center and simply ported back to AT&T right then. Yes you would have gotten a large last bill from the eip, but a quick call to customer care/financial care would keep that from being a problem while waiting for the refund to apply to your cancelled lines.

Now that you're in such a bad place with continued service you weren't using, you'll probably need to speak to someone higher up to straighten it out and get the credit back for those unused services you rightfully deserve.

Everything I've said here is going off what you said, which appears to be: a) you purchased 2 phones on eip but wound up returning them within the buyers remorse period, b) you were erroneously told you needed to keep the account active for the refund to be properly applied to your account, and c) you haven't used any T-Mobile services on this account since returning the phones. Going from those assumptions, you should be able to call, talk to someone who is a supervisor or someone with more power for these outside-the-box billing issues, and have the service charges(again, assuming there is NO usage on the lines as you stated) credited back along with what's left of the EIP.

Hope that helps.
    Anything else that I need to do as a business customer? Much like the 220+ million customers not with this value carrier, I am just riding this out and will be glad to finalize the last few lines back to a gun carrier like AT&T.

Actually, they are not the only issues. It all started from the following issues:

1. They have the puniest network in the United States; where a handset will drop to 2G (E) within a mile of large metro areas. Literally 100 feet outside the DC metro area of 5 million people and I will see (E) and often even gprs on my handset.

2. They own the worst frequency allocation of any cellular carrier.

3. They have the worst in-building and even in-pocket coverage of any carrier.

4. They have extremely poor network performance. I often saw my handset cycle between (E) > fako 4g > LTE > Searching > no service, even while living in one of the largest and wealthiest metro areas in the US of A.

5. They have by far the worst sales process/systems of any carrier.

6. Their customer service agents are useless, inept, and indifferent; with the sales reps (or the outsourced sales) being the worst. From a business perspective, absolutely laughable as every other carrier on the planet, including prepaid, is intelligent enough to put their best-foot-forward at this stage of the transaction.

7. Tmobile handset experience rapid battery drain, due to poor signal.

8. The organization is extremely departmental, where one division cannot (refuses) to assist another. The web sales cannot assist in-store and vice versa; neither cares to help either.

9. The reps will transfer you anywhere, just to get the caller off the line. With the good ole wait "24 to 72 hours" for anything.

10. The reps will never follow through to see if you have been assisted, by whoever they transferred you to in the first place.

11. Last but not least, easy to get caught in the t-mobile support circle of hell transfer game.

Of course there were things like the time when I placed an order for a $700 phone and it was shipped to the wrong address, in another city entirely. However, the sales rep refused to spend the literally 2 minutes it would take to update the address within UPS. Yet agagin, guess who had to chase this up? hint: not tmobile.

How about the time I was told it would take "7 to 10 days" to post me a return label, that they forgot to include. Then only to be told a week later, sorry, it's now up to you to get the handset back to us. Something AT&T emails you during the phone call; T-crap refused.

Feedback Score
    Especially when I am paying MSRP for a device. Had the device been subsidized, then I can understand the lock, however, this is MSRP.
    You specifically said they wanted payment before they would unlock the phones. So that means that you had not yet paid MSRP. Once you paid off the phones, then they gave you the unlock code. You're complaining about nothing.

For starters, handsets tend to be unlocked abroad.
    You can buy plenty of handsets in the United States fully unlocked. Just check Amazon or ebay. Even Apple sells fully unlocked iPhones right on their website. If an unlocked device is important to you, buy an unlocked device. But don't be surprised that when you pay a tiny amount of the device and it is still locked.

think about the definition of "un-carrier"
    LOL there is no definition of uncarrier---it's a made up word!

From dictionary.com:

No results found for un-carrier:
    Did you mean uncarried

I can buy a $30K car on a credit card right now and this will have no bond to it.
    You could have purchased a new iPhone on a credit card too and there would be no bond to either. Why didn't you?

2. They have kept me paying service fees for two months now, while I wait for handset returns to be processed and EIPs to be removed from my account.
    They have zero ability to keep you "paying service fees" if you don't want the service. Just read the terms and conditions and you'll find absolutely zero obligation on your part to keep paying service fees while waiting for an account credit:

http://www.t-mobile.com/Templates/Po...ons&print=true

This is just something you're making up.

Feedback Score
    Sorry, I'm so confused now after rereading this thread about what all happened that I don't think I should be trying to give advice. Considering you've called in like 50 times, I don't even know why I suggested calling back again. I get that you hate T-Mobile and that's what this thread is really about, so I'm bowing out now. Sorry I couldn't give better advice. Good luck.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    You specifically said they wanted payment before they would unlock the phones. So that means that you had not yet paid MSRP. Once you paid off the phones, then they gave you the unlock code. You're complaining about nothing.
    Actually, had to wait 14 days. In addition, was never told at the point of sale that the phone would be locked, even though I am paying retail price.

You can buy plenty of handsets in the United States fully unlocked. Just check Amazon or ebay. Even Apple sells fully unlocked iPhones right on their website. If an unlocked device is important to you, buy an unlocked device. But don't be surprised that when you pay a tiny amount of the device and it is still locked.
    I am not interested in buying handsets elsewhere. I want the handset that I purchased from a carrier who advertises freedom to be unlocked. Otherwise, it's all smoke and mirrors; classic Magenta lipstick on a pig.

LOL there is no definition of uncarrier---it's a made up word! From dictionary.com: No results found for un-carrier:
    Did you mean uncarried
    Very good observation. I was going off the actual CEOs various talks and the various marketing material from the carrier.

You could have purchased a new iPhone on a credit card too and there would be no bond to either. Why didn't you?
    Ironically, this too is locked until a range of measures are met, like being active for 45 days. There is an assortment of people on Tmobile's forums complaining of this very issue.

They have zero ability to keep you "paying service fees" if you don't want the service. Just read the terms and conditions and you'll find absolutely zero obligation on your part to keep paying service fees while waiting for an account credit: http://www.t-mobile.com/Templates/Po...ons&print=true This is just something you're making up.
    Not at all. Ironically, the point where I realized that my handset was locked to tmobile was after a port out. Had to speak with x people and waste over an hour before they could even find the service that the iphone was attached to, because it had been ported out.

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, I'm so confused now after rereading this thread about what all happened that I don't think I should be trying to give advice. Considering you've called in like 50 times, I don't even know why I suggested calling back again. I get that you hate T-Mobile and that's what this thread is really about, so I'm bowing out now. Sorry I couldn't give better advice. Good luck.

Sent with the HoFo App
    Well it's quite simple really, let me give you the exec summary.

Because of an assortment of issues, I am gladly taking my 5 lines back to at&t. However, due to ongoing issues with the account and pending handset returns, for close to 2 months now, I am stuck being BS around by the carrier. It's a new story and another 72 hour wait, every single time I call.

Not too sure how or why that is so hard to grasp...

Feedback Score
    You're not getting what I'm saying. I'm looking at this from a "how can I help" POV(maybe a mistake on my part? I dunno). I understand the overall problem of you being pissed about unlocks and slow refunds- and various other subjective things- but you've already demonstrated inexact language while explaining the situation. You said you paid MSRP, but then said they were on EIP, meaning you haven't yet paid MSRP. You also said the phones were returned in December(one month ago) but that you'd paid for two months of service while waiting for a refund. So I guess what I was trying to say is I don't trust your account of events enough to get an accurate description of the details and be able to give correct advice.

If your purpose in this thread is to get advice, your account of events isn't enough for sound advice. If your purpose in this thread is to impart that you're pissed about unlocks, refunds, poor people, and talking to reps(who frankly probably had as hard a time getting useful details out of you as I am), and that you just hate T-Mobile, mission accomplished.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    It's like this they may be the Un carrier but that doesn't mean they have to give away stuff.....

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Uncarrier - Needs a lot of Work

Have you tried contacting the CEO? Seriously. He'll give you his email if you make contact on twitter. Sounds lame, but worth a try.

Edit: found it for you. [email protected]

Feedback Score
    was never told at the point of sale that the phone would be locked, even though I am paying retail price.
    Another false statement as I already pointed out. It was in the terms and conditions which you were given access to at the point of sale. Earlier you referred to yourself as a "business customer". What kind of business practice is it to not know the terms of the contractual agreements that you make??

I am not interested in buying handsets elsewhere.
    Right, so you're the one who chose to buy the locked handset when unlocked handsets are readily available elsewhere.

I want the handset that I purchased from a carrier who advertises freedom to be unlocked.
    T-Mobile doesn't advertise that the devices they sell are "unlocked", nor can you produce an example of such an advertisement.

Ironically, this too is locked until a range of measures are met, like being active for 45 days.
    The iPhone is sold "unlocked and contract free" on Apple's website and it even includes a T-Mobile SIM card if you want it:

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-iphone/iphone5s

So yes, buying one for full price on a credit card from apple will get you an unlocked iPhone contrary to your previous statement. You instead chose to take advantage of the interest free financing with comes which its own terms and conditions.

Not at all. Ironically, the point where I realized that my handset was locked to tmobile was after a port out. Had to speak with x people and waste over an hour before they could even find the service that the iphone was attached to, because it had been ported out.
    None of that has anything to do with your claim that T-Mobile is somehow preventing you from porting out your remaining lines while you're waiting for your account to be settled. It has to do with you trying to use a device on another carrier before you paid it off. That's on you.

But as I pointed out previously you're free to port your lines to AT&T today. And I even posted a link to the terms and conditions to show there's nothing stopping you from porting out.

Feedback Score
    If a phone is not advertised as "Unlocked" in the US, it is not unlocked.

When you call and the rep says they're going to do something, tell them to put it in the notes before you hang up. Then keep a log of when you called, who you talked to, and what they promised. If it's not taken care of, the next time to call, immediately ask to escalated. (This doesn't have to be done with yelling. You say you've never asked for a manager, but if you only talk to level 1 reps, they won't have the power to do what you need.)

If it's still not taken care of, taken the log what you've called for and contact executive services. They would not want a customer like you to be as unsatisfied as you are. 1-877-290-6323

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Before anyone says anything, I have never raised my voice, cursed, insulted, asked for the manager, or any other crap you expect from a douche customer with Tmobile. Yet 47 calls, 64 reps, and counting.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're full of it.
    Why? Because your response to people asking for further details on the circumstances surrounding your 47 calls to T-Mobile is to make broad ad-hominem attacks against T-Mobile's customers (and thus, inherently, the other users in this thread). If that's the way you act on a forum with no affiliation with to carrier, I can only imagine how your interactions with T-Mobile's staff went.

^ TMO LTE ^---------------|------St Louis-------|----------------^ ATT LTE ^

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile , Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by reuthermonkey View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're full of it.
    Why? Because your response to people asking for further details on the circumstances surrounding your 47 calls to T-Mobile is to make broad ad-hominem attacks against T-Mobile's customers (and thus, inherently, the other users in this thread). If that's the way you act on a forum with no affiliation with to carrier, I can only imagine how your interactions with T-Mobile's staff went.
    I pretty much agree. He's going around in circles about what his actual problem is. The customer service probably can't help him because if he communicates to them like he's been doing on these forums, they probably don't know what he's talking about either.

He claims T-Mobile somehow promised his phones were unlocked at purchase (even though no carrier in the United States other than Verizon sells unlocked phones). Then says he paid full price but is also talking about EIP. The story doesn't add up. Porting to another carrier is easy and doesn't even have anything to do with T-Mobile. As soon as you give AT&T your account info from T-Mobile, the T-Mobile account is automatically cancelled.

Then he even claims AT&T is pretty much as cheap as T-Mobile with some mystery plan they gave him.

"Uncarrier" doesn't mean giving away free stuff, it means you're not getting ripped off as much as AT&T rips off their customers.

Also what's the purpose of attacking T-Mobile customers on a T-Mobile forum? They have an AT&T forum on this site where you can share your amazing experience with them with other AT&T users. Probably just likes getting a rise out of the people on this board.

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You're not getting what I'm saying. I'm looking at this from a "how can I help" POV(maybe a mistake on my part? I dunno).
    Actually, I am not asking for help from this forum, I am merely pointing out to others who may be thinking of joining this value carrier. What's laughable is to see this bizarre fanboi base coming and saying, nope your experiences are wrong or lies.

I understand the overall problem of you being pissed about unlocks and slow refunds- and various other subjective things- but you've already demonstrated inexact language while explaining the situation. You said you paid MSRP, but then said they were on EIP, meaning you haven't yet paid MSRP.
    Not subjective at all actually. Tmobile is ranked dead last in almost every single independent study, not to mention, subscriber wise. In addition, you have things like coverage maps and so forth.

In terms of the handsets being locked, that is indeed deceitful, as they are marketing themselves as being unlike any other carrier; as someone who is totally restriction free.

A handset purchased at MSRP is not the same to that of a handset that has been subsidized by a carrier; which is rightfully locked.

You also said the phones were returned in December(one month ago) but that you'd paid for two months of service while waiting for a refund. So I guess what I was trying to say is I don't trust your account of events enough to get an accurate description of the details and be able to give correct advice.
    I returned a handset in late November and another the first week of December. It took multiple calls to confirm that the handsets had even been received. Half of the reps that I spoke to said yes they had been received, the other half said nope, wait 30 to 60 days, as they I cannot see them in the system.

Every single rep I spoke to, including retentions, said that it is best that I keep the services active, while the refunds are pending. Their words not mine. Why would I want to stick around for the sake of it...

If your purpose in this thread is to get advice, your account of events isn't enough for sound advice. If your purpose in this thread is to impart that you're pissed about unlocks, refunds, poor people, and talking to reps(who frankly probably had as hard a time getting useful details out of you as I am), and that you just hate T-Mobile, mission accomplished.
    Actually, it was more about the level of service received from the various tmobile call centers, that just so happen to be located in low socioeconomic areas. No different to going to a Walmart or Burger king.

BTW How about you send me the $400+ and then I won't be pissed about anything.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast